Hotel in Copenhagen

lrockwitt

Anyone know of a good inexpensive hotel in Copenhagen?

We are flying in a couple of days early and looking for a hotel not far from the port and also in a convenient location for walking and sightseeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just cruised there this past May. Did not find a cheap hotel. But we were also looking for one that would hold 3 people and had good AC.

We did end up getting a good deal at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport. And it included breakfast which was a huge plus for us. It was right there when you get out of the airport. We also purchased a metro pass for the day which was cheap. We were in the city in about 10 minutes!

See what they have for prices.

We stayed at Hotel Bethel. It's one of trip advisor's best value hotels. It's on the canal at Nyhavn - within walking distance to nearly everything. If it's too far to walk, the bus stop is on the corner. The hotel also has a wonderful breakfast.

We've stayed at the Crown Plaza Copenhagen Towers and at the Belle Sky Copenhagen. Both are near the airport and, more importantly, near the Metro.

I would say that they were moderately priced but included breakfast which is a large plus because it is expensive to eat in Copenhagen.

The Metro is FANTASTIC. You can buy Metro passes at your hotel at a discount and go just about anywhere in Copenhagen (except the farthest Cruise Terminal) in minutes by the Metro.

When we cruised from Copenhagen, our ship docked at the Oceankaj Cruise Terminal; the furtherest one from town. We arranged for transportation through the hotel to get us there. Cost was equivalent to $18 for three of us with our luggage.

Copenhagen is expensive! Aside from that it is wonderful city in a great country. Most of the nationals speak excellent English and are very helpful. Enjoy your stay. Oh, I would recommend getting a hundred $US or so in Danish Krona before you go. Danish Krona and to a lesser extent the Euro are welcome. Spending $US is a bit more complicated.

Couple of weeks ago stayed in the Windsor hotel. Convenient to downtown but no elevator and lots of steps to get to the room.

Paid about $ 135 including breakfast but bathroom down the hall as well as showers

Wow that sounds good to me :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tony

We stayed at Hotel Bethel. It's one of trip advisor's best value hotels. It's on the canal at Nyhavn - within walking distance to nearly everything. If it's too far to walk, the bus stop is on the corner. The hotel also has a wonderful breakfast.
Another vote for the Hotel Bethel. I paid far less than any of the other hotels in the area. Right on Nyhavn, the boat tour leaves from in front of the hotel and the HOHO bus stops on the corner next to the hotel. Lots of restaurants, bars and pubs along Nyhavn. I highly recommend the Bethel. Just checked and we paid $146/night per room at today's exchange rate, including taxes, breakfast and WiFi. And yes, the bathroom was in the bedroom. :) The Bethel gets very high reviews on TripAdvisor. Edited by Pam in CA

Not sure which cruise line you are sailing on but I booked thru Princess and stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen. Got a pretty decent rate when you include the transfers from the airport and to the ship.and went in three nights early (and wish I had gone earlier) great location only about a 5 minute walk to Trivoli Gardens and main square downtown. Even with 2 1/2 days before the cruise there was lots more I would have loved to see.

Wherever you stay just make sure it is not the Cabin hotel. Our TA booked us a twin room. What we got was two bunk beds one about 6 feet off the ground. My daughter (in her forties) said she wasn't doing that, me either, especially after 26 hours travel.

Reception could not understand, we had booked twin beds and we had two single beds, what was the problem? Eventually moved us into a room with a double bed.

Hotel looked OK on website and Trip Advisor and TA thought it would be OK. Who,knew?

We would highly recommend this hotel. Spectacular location on the canal and within walking distance of a lot of restaurants, shopping and sights. We were lucky to be there during a jazz festival on the canal and had a great view right from our window.:D

In June we stayed at the Wakeup Copenhagen Borgergade. Rooms are tiny but efficient. As we weren't there any more than to sleep and get ready in the morning it was great. The room did have air conditioning which is a rarity in Copenhagen. We were only a few blocks from Nynhavn, Stroget and close to the HoHo bus/boat stops. Hotel and rooms were super clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again! I paid $389 for two rooms for two nights. I booked through an online agency and paid prior to leaving so that I could use my credit card and forgo the 3% up charge for using it at the hotel. They do have a breakfast buffet available for purchase, I think it was $12-$15 per person.

Anyone know of a good inexpensive hotel in Copenhagen?

We are flying in a couple of days early and looking for a hotel not far from the port and also in a convenient location for walking and sightseeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last spring we stayed at the "First Hotel Twentyseven" It was relatively inexpensive (about $130/night), very clean and located very conveniently to city center. The port is a good way from city center, you wouldn't really want to walk...

We have stayed here four times and enjoyed every visit. It is a Scandinavian-Modern building with wonderful facilities and a premo location. It is across the street from Tivoli Gardens and one block from the train station. The main square and start of the shopping street are a short walk. Plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. Tivoli also has many restaurants.

We stayed at the Bethel Hotel as well for 4 nights before a cruise. I did do a lot of research especially for location wise and came up with the Bethel. What a perfect hotel location etc and the price was excellent. We had a corner room overlooking the canals, worth the little extra. I highly recommend this hotel.