Georgia Pearl Turns Bermuda Girl: My Pride Cruise to the "Island Paradise" & TS Karl.

gapearl

Welcome back Kim! Vegas is looking good on you! Your stunning as ever. Love that blue hair to bad it couldn't stay. Can't wait to read the rest I know it will be great. Looking forward to checking out your Cuba pictures. that is one place I do want to visit!

Another awesome review coming our way. I can't wait to read it and live the cruise along with you.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

Really looking forward to this! We're on the July 2 cruise to Bermuda on Pride next year. On off-season weather: DH's grandparents sailed to Bermuda from New York in January 1938. We have the pictures. They were bundled up on deck.:eek:

Wow 1938! I can't imagine ever taking a cruise now in cold weather. Weather should be nice when you sail, as long as you can avoid the storms unlike us lol.

Looking forward to your review. We'll be in LV next weekend visiting the in-laws. Did you buy a home in LV? DH and I spent a weekend poking around North Las Vegas, Summerlin, and Henderson with hope that we'd find an area we'd be happy to retire to. No such luck. I've never seen so much concrete outside of Los Angeles!

Thanks for reading! No, I'm not buying out here but renting. I have no intention on buying another house (unless I find myself married one day) because I don't want to be tied down to living in one place. Selling my house in Atlanta has been an absolute nightmare. I might decide to leave here after a couple of years and don't want that stress. I have a good real estate agent friend here I could refer you to if you do decide to buy.

im here im here....just in time to catch your review.....

popcorn ready........

Get some wine too. :p

Yay!! Another GAPearl review!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Yayyyy!!! :D

Yay, it's here and I was there :D I like getting to relive the cruise x2! I did see you a couple times, but each time you were in conversation, so I wouldn't interrupt.

We did have eye contact and a smile in the terminal waiting to board ... I was in the FTTF, right by the door to the premium area.

I also saw you taking your pictures on the Lido ... LOL you were snapping everything in sight!

I still haven't taken a solo cruise, but, due to your encouragement on your last review, I did go on my first truly solo land vacation last May and had a blast. My Sept. Vista cruise will be my first solo! At least so far... The Bermuda cruise was my yearly vacation with my mother, but we ended up being 6 strong, so we'll see.

Hey there! I so wish you had interrupted and said hi at some point! I love meeting CC people. I did meet one lady from here that asked are you on CC? I was like ummmm, yeah. lol :o My next two cruises will be solo. You'll have a good time on your first solo. I'm glad I could be your inspiration. :)

Looking forward to this review! Loved all of them...:D

Thanks! Glad to have you back!

Hey Kim!! I've been waiting for this one. One of my favorite reviewers, on my favorite ship, sailing to Bermuda no less! Bring it on girl!!! :D

Jeff! Hey stranger!!! :D I can't wait to finish this so I can read your review. Of course I'm happy to have you back reading along.

So looking forward to your first NVPearl review. My brother lives in LV, so maybe we can get a drink the next time I'm out there.

Absolutely! Shoot me an email when you're out this way, it's in my signature. :)

YEAH!!! Excited to read more! HA Im cracking up on the Forest Gump scene... I so think that too!

Hoping you and Sean will motivate me to finally get my last cruise review on here.. yet Im sure Ill just enjoy your reviews instead LOL.

Hey Andrea! Yes girl you need to do another review for me to read! We can do a tandem review if we hop on one of those quickies from LA I've mentioned. ;)

WooHoo!!!!:D:D

I have been waiting for one of your reviews, and you never disappoint!

Now, between you, Jamman, and Sean, I will be busy!

Cannot wait for more!!!!

Congrats on the move to Las Vegas!:D

Yes, I'll be busy for a while with this one and catching up with everyone else's reviews I haven't read yet myself. Thanks for the well wishes!

Loving your review so far! You are right about Crystal City being awesome. I have been to DC twice-one of which was during the shutdown, which was my first time there #fail-and we stayed at the Hyatt Regency and Embassy Suites in Crystal City both times. Great location and easy metro access. You were right about not getting a rental car-you don't need it there because the metro is awesome and can take you anywhere on the three day tourist pass!

Can't wait to see your cruise review! I want to do a bermuda cruise sometime :)

Hey there! Thanks for reading! I've been to DC a lot but seldom get to really play tourist. Maybe I'll inspire someone reading that's cruising from Baltimore to think about spending their pre-cruise days there too. Hopefully you'll get to do a Bermuda cruise one day.

Oh my gosh I am so excited about your review!!! I love all of your reviews! Always makes me feel like I'm on board with you! Maybe one day I'll see you on a cruise :p

Awwww thanks so much, I'm happy to have you back reading! I try to take people along for the entire ride like you were there with me. Hopefully we will run into each other one day. :)

YAY! A GApearl/NVpearl/Kim review! We have had super crappy weather here in NE NJ for days and days and it has put me in a "mood." :mad::( Finding your review has made me feel better already! :D

Hahaha hopefully this made the bad weather days bearable. Thanks for reading!

Hi all!

So glad to see you've started your review, ga (lv) pearl!;)

Looking forward to seeing what you did in Bermuda since I'll be going there this month on the Vista.

Isn't Havana amazing? Being Canadian I've been to Cuba several times, twice on cruises. I love those old as me cars, lol!:p

~ Jo ~ :)

Thank you! I need to poke through the many Vista reviews that have been posted for my December cruise. Will you be writing one?

Havana is one of the most charming places I've traveled to so far. The excitement of the old cars wore off after about a day. I stayed along a tiny little street in Centro Havana, and the fumes from them were AWFUL. There were times where it was hard to breathe. I sincerely hope the American companies don't commercialize it. Havana does not need a McDonald's and Starbucks on every corner. :rolleyes:

I'm lovin your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you very much!

It was a barricade situation a short distance from the pier. The Police shut down part of Interstate 95 as well as the Port out of an abundance of caution. We left on the Pride the day you got back and after waiting in that horrible line to be dropped off' date=' I noticed a lot of crew walking over to the shopping center that is basically on the other side of 95 from the pier. Since the barricade was near that shopping center, I was glad that none of the crew would have been able to get themselves into trouble with that situation!

Looking forward to the rest of your review. The Pride is one of my favorite ships (back today from our 5th cruise on her) and Bermuda is one of my favorite destinations. I sure hope you loved both of them as much as I do!

Lisa[/quote']

Ahhhh, so that's what it was. I'm sure it was just as bad for you guys leaving as it was for us getting on. I also noticed a lot of crew walking to and from the grocery store. This was my first time on a Spirit class ship, and it took a while to get myself adjusted to where everything was. Bermuda was nice, but not a place I think I'll be running back to soon.

Yes!! A GAPearl review just in time to get me excited for our Pride cruise in November.

PS: I saw that little bitty peek of your mama's sail away outfit from the stateroom pics. We need to see who you get your fashion sense from - show us Miss Dorothy! :)

Yay, your cruise is right around the corner! Hopefully this will help get you even more excited. :D

Yay - happy to see a new gapearl review! And for Bermuda - never been yet, so looking forward to your experience.

Guess I can stop looking for you every time I travel through the Atlanta airport, lol.

So happy that you got a Chick-fil-A fix! :) - something us people in Atlanta take for granted.

Thanks for reading! We got a lot of rain, but still had a great time there. Yes I definitely took Chick-Fil-A for granted living there. Oh how I miss it, but we have one under construction here. Also every time I've been seen on a flight, none were in the Atlanta airport or on a flight to or from there. I pass through dozens of airports every week so you never know where I'll turn up. ;)

Odd, we had 2 bars (rounds) of soap in our room. Maybe the bunnie's eyes were lost with your soap!:D

Agree with the HUB, we all had it, except for my mother ... we all loved it, easy to stay in touch and a great value for $5.00 total.

I think the sail away wasn't that populated due to the roof being partially closed. Spent most of our time at the forward pool as the Serenity was packed and to avoid the mid-pool area as it was hot and loud. I noticed it was never really crowded/used the entire cruise.

Haha I think the soap might have just been an oversight. I left a note asking for some and he brought like 4 bars. The HUB app was awesome and definitely was useful. I really didn't like the closed in feeling of the main pool. I like to be outside in the sun when I'm by the pool. I don't want to feel indoors. I spent very little time there.

Great review so far!

Thanks so much!

Yay!!!! It's a GaPearl review. Congrats on your move to Nevada. Looking forward to reading more of your review of your cruise with your mother & Sean. I will also be on the look out for Sean's review also.

I will have a balcony for the first time for my upcoming cruise(Decided to splurge & go for a spa balcony on the Breeze for Halloween.).

Hey Monicia! Hope all is well with you! A spa balcony will be really nice, especially on the Breeze. That's my favorite shop so far. A Halloween cruise will be fun!

So excited to read about your Bermuda adventures! I'll be heading to Bermuda on the Sunshine at the end of the month. My first solo cruise!!! Nervous but excited at the same time!

Hey girl! Well since you're leaving next month I better get to it! LOL You'll be fine on your first solo cruise. It's become my favorite way to travel. Have fun!

Hey Kim,

Always a fan of your reviews.

NEVER thought I would see a neighborhood bar on a cruise critic review. I live about 2 minutes down the road from The Salsa Room! Crazy to see it on here.

Subscribing for sure. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Adam! You never know where I'll turn up in my reviews lol. :p

Thanks for posting what the app looks like during use! I'm excited to try it out in two weeks.

You'll love it! It was so handy and I never really needed to keep a Fun Times on me thanks to it. Have fun on your cruise!

Always enjoy your reviews:):):) Thanks so much for doing another one....Our first trip to Bermuda was on the Pride:D

Oh wow how funny is that? Thanks so much for taking the time to read.

Yea!!! Another GAPearl review!!! I'm really enjoying this one and it's so funny to see some places almost literally in my "backyard" featured in a review...DC! :) Even though about 30 miles southwest of DC, we hardly get down there. The last time was in 2012 to see the cherry blossoms, which were spectacular. And I cracked up at the "Forest Gump" reference. For our first Liberty cruise (April 2014), we flew out of Dulles, taking off to the north then looping around before heading south. We were on the right side of the plane and got great aerial views of DC and actually got a picture in which all monuments, memorials, etc. can be seen. So glad you didn't rent a car...Metro is great for getting around.

Even though we can drive to Baltimore, we've never cruised on Pride, but we're very interested in an Bermuda itinerary on her, so really looking forward to following along. Thank you for taking the time to do another review.

Thanks for stopping by to read again and for all the nice words! I don't think I've ever seen DC in a review so maybe now someone reading that might be cruising from Baltimore in the future will consider it. Maybe this review will be the nudge you need to book this ship and itinerary. ;)

Enjoying your review!

Thanks so much Janice!

So excited to read another one of your famous reviews and to Bermuda no less!! Looking forward it!

Awesome, thanks! Hope it doesn't disappoint. :)

Subscribed!:cool:

Can't wait til you get to the cornbread!:D

Oh you know it's coming lol. :p

great review. i was on this cruise too.

Thanks! Did we cross paths or have the chance to meet at any point?

Welcome back Kim! Vegas is looking good on you! Your stunning as ever. Love that blue hair to bad it couldn't stay. Can't wait to read the rest I know it will be great. Looking forward to checking out your Cuba pictures. that is one place I do want to visit!

Awwww thanks, you're too sweet. :o The blue hair is still around, I just keep it very well hidden at work. lol Cuba was an amazing experience. Definitely let me know if you have any questions about traveling there,

You could always have the ADMINS change your screen name. You won't lose your post count, or anything.

NVPearl has a nice ring to it.:D:D

Patiently waiting for more.......

Nah I don't think I will. I've been gapearl for too long so it'll have to stick. I'm gonna get more going shortly. :)

Cruise Day 2- Sea Day

I could get used to waking up to this every day.

0943a83f-e4ed-46f7-ba94-4e7ae10dd1f2_zpsibltxyfz.jpg

My mom was up early (like crack of dawn early) as usual to get breakfast, but I slept in until 9:30 am. I showered and put on my bathing suit and headed to the lido to see what was happening. I wasn’t really hungry but grabbed something small as it was 10:30 am and the buffet was about to close until lunch. There were lots of high winds and some of the outside areas were closed off. It was easy to find a lounger on the open decks but I couldn’t get comfortable because it was so windy so I went back down by the lido pool and found an empty lounger right by the stage.

There were some pool games taking place.

420b4133-bc3b-4dd9-902a-2f14dcba5792_zpsdqdo3wyw.jpg

59e70372-b484-4633-86c4-e8b851911d20_zpsfyneubwu.jpg

Menus from the Red Frog Rum Bar.

a4857b63-4bb4-42b5-8012-75c8f4a17992_zpsfqxkvp5u.jpg

e6829fdc-0f30-48bf-a4cb-c1c6a0bb704b_zps6ce2oyxm.jpg

I ordered one of my favorite drinks, the mocha chocolate getaway. It's like a spiked chocolate shake and delicious!

99a14c84-653f-48db-a1a3-cd9d8b36c88c_zpsxjsdrr2d.jpg

Today's lido lunch buffet theme was American food.

35f28a5e-49c1-45e0-929f-c2ccd09bef1d_zpszctepccn.jpg

Starting off with the most important meal of the day, dessert lol.

f5857d95-c0ca-4e23-9c2c-5ea6dbc947cf_zpswf5pmnlc.jpg

6d2aad92-a591-4a07-b6c8-f8f0b4a02adb_zpsqwbke1sh.jpg

45ccb873-a656-499d-8271-1566b2ea6e25_zpswwdszewc.jpg

fff397b4-ce83-402c-ad30-486d8feb009e_zpsclrzaagv.jpg

The beverage station with water, tea, lemonade, coffee and hot chocolate.

dc468c5a-e727-452e-9d51-fb131b288889_zpslsw1kbqc.jpg