NCL's goofy Hawaii survey...and goofier customer service

DroopySails

Any other Latitudes members get NCL's e-mail survey on new Hawaiian itineraries? One of the questions had these answers to choose from: absolutely not, probably will, maybe, probably not, definitely not. One of the itineraries they asked you to rate had the ship going to Hilo two days in a row, with no overnight in Hilo.

Tried to e-mail NCL to let them know they might want to fix these errors if they want the survey to yield valid results they can actually use...but naturally the survey came from an unmonitored box and no alternative e-mail addy was provided. Of course NCL's site, unlike virtually every customer-centered sales enterprise I know, still provides no e-mail address.

Really, at this point they're shooting themselves in the foot with their refusal to be communicated with via e-mail. It's particularly galling that they'll send out sales e-mails but not accept e-mails in return; do they not get how poorly this comes off to customers? The message they're sending is simply, "We set up communication/marketing efforts for our convenience, not our customers'."

I adore Norwegian's itineraries, ships and crew, and I won't stop booking them as long as they're the only all-freestyle option in the game. But when another line goes all freestyle, I fear NCL will have to clean up their customer service/customer relations act pronto...because a lot of repeat passengers I've talked to aboard their ships share my distaste for the way they run their land-based service.

I adore Norwegian's itineraries, ships and crew, and I won't stop booking them as long as they're the only all-freestyle option in the game. But when another line goes all freestyle, I fear NCL will have to clean up their customer service/customer relations act pronto...because a lot of repeat passengers I've talked to aboard their ships share my distaste for the way they run their land-based service.

AMEN!

Jingle

IMO.......No other cruise line will go ALL Freestyle, Princess comes close.

To have it work successfully you have to have many dining venues, you have to build ships for this, or re-fit them.

Believe me, NCL is not alone in their customer service issues. Read the other boards.

I think they all have a lot to be desired.

Archived