Babies ID needed for short cruise?

suey

Just wondering what ID we have to supply for my granddaughters first cruise next March. She will be a year old and only doing a 2-night Sydney to Brisbane, although she is also booked on a 7-nighter later in the year. She was booked on the first one before she was even born:)

Just wondering what ID we have to supply for my granddaughters first cruise next March. She will be a year old and only doing a 2-night Sydney to Brisbane, although she is also booked on a 7-nighter later in the year. She was booked on the first one before she was even born:)

Not sure if it is the case, but if she is not travelling with her parents, you may want to get a Consent letter that allows you to take her. :D

Not sure if it is the case, but if she is not travelling with her parents, you may want to get a Consent letter that allows you to take her. :D

As this is a domestic cruise this may be different from an international one if she is travelling without parents. I had a quick look and the cruise booklet says that Princess no longer requires a notarised permission letter.

Edited by Aussieflyer

That's all good I am not silly enough to take her without her parents, it is a Mummy, Daddy, Bubba and Nanny trip, although her and I are sharing one cabin and Mum and Dad are in another:p

I take my grandaughters on a granny grandaughter cruise once a year and have always taken their medicare card as their ID. The cruises have all been within Australia.

I do take a letter signed by both parents stating I have permission to take them and to make any necessary decisions about their welfare but have never yet been asked for it. My policy is take everything and they wont ask for any of it.:)

That's all good I am not silly enough to take her without her parents, it is a Mummy, Daddy, Bubba and Nanny trip, although her and I are sharing one cabin and Mum and Dad are in another:p

I did think that would be the case - either that or you were mad :)

I did think that would be the case - either that or you were mad :)

If she grows up to be a nice well-behaved child I might take her when she is older :rolleyes: my sister took her grand-daughter on her first cruise at the beginning of the year and the girl acted like a spoilt brat all cruise - never again she said.

That is good, at the age of the child, I assumed the parents were travelling with you (or you were the official guardian) however, I thought I would put it out there just in case. Some people have been caught out as they didn't think it would be an issue. Enjoy your cruise and new cabin mate.:D

That is good, at the age of the child, I assumed the parents were travelling with you (or you were the official guardian) however, I thought I would put it out there just in case. Some people have been caught out as they didn't think it would be an issue. Enjoy your cruise and new cabin mate.:D

Thanks for that. I know how funny they can get, when my grandson was about 15 he was booked into a cabin with my mother, sister and myself while his mother was in a different cabin. At first they cracked up about it until I said to them ' what do you think he is going to get up to with his grandmother, great-grandmother and great-aunt in the cabin. They saw sense, ridiculous.