3 people in a balcony room

Just got off the phone with Princess because under our booking summary it says that we requested twin beds. When we asked to have the beds pushed together the girl on the phone said that they are not allowed to have the beds pushed together in a balcony room if there are 3 or 4 people staying in the room because of it's a fire hazard. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Our daughter will be 2 1/2 at the time of sailing and will be sleeping a crib/pack and play.

They told us that on our last cruise because we were using the beds above. In your situation I'd wait until you got on the ship & then talk to the steward & explain that you're not lowering a bed from the ceiling so putting the beds together shouldn't be a problem.

The real problem with using the ceiling bed is that steward would need to stand on the bed to make the upper berth and person up there would need to step on you getting down if you are set up as queen configuration. But ask the steward onboard.

The system won't allow you, a TA or whomever to request a queen setup due to safety reasons. Once onboard, talk to your steward and decide then whether to set up as a queen or twins. The setup as twins is much easier for the passengers to get in and out but if you're willing to put up with inconvenience and some awkwardness, convert to queen.

Hi

This is almost the exact question I was hoping to confirm. We are three people (two adults with 12 year old) and are looking at a balcony room. It sounds like there is no way to have a queen + ceiling bed as an official choice and if the steward allows you to do it once on board, it will be inconvenient at the very least. Do I have that right?

Thanks

Matthew

Hi

This is almost the exact question I was hoping to confirm. We are three people (two adults with 12 year old) and are looking at a balcony room. It sounds like there is no way to have a queen + ceiling bed as an official choice and if the steward allows you to do it once on board, it will be inconvenient at the very least. Do I have that right?

Thanks

Matthew

Yes, correct. There is no way for the steward to prepare the upper bunk without standing on the lower bed if the lower bed is in the queen position. Also when in use the upper bunk has a ladder for access.

We have three of us in a balcony cabin and we all have to sleep in single beds. You can not set up the ladder if the bottom beds are pushed together. It is also for safety reasons. If someone was to fall off the top bunk, they would fall on the people on the bottom, possibly injuring everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just got off the phone with Princess because under our booking summary it says that we requested twin beds. When we asked to have the beds pushed together the girl on the phone said that they are not allowed to have the beds pushed together in a balcony room if there are 3 or 4 people staying in the room because of it's a fire hazard. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Our daughter will be 2 1/2 at the time of sailing and will be sleeping a crib/pack and play.

The Crib/pack&play will have to be placed into the open area in front of the balcony door. When not in use you can store it in the closet area or maybe behind the balcony curtain. Since you will not be using the upper berth your bed can be in the queen position. Just ask the cabin steward to make up a queen bed instead of the two twins. I don't see any 'fire hazard' issues.