Review Canival Magic - Oct 1-Oct 8

Techycruiser

Appreciate the time you took to post a review of the Magic! We are sailing on her in January, and your review makes me even more excited. I was happy to read you got by without FTTF. I check daily, but it is still SOLD OUT:( . I just remember our last cruise, the very long lines I saw people standing in, as I happily went into the "special" door, with my FTTF. I am hoping to have your embarkation experience. Just sad we will have to babysit our carry-ons until the staterooms open up for occupancy.

Appreciate the time you took to post a review of the Magic! We are sailing on her in January, and your review makes me even more excited. I was happy to read you got by without FTTF. I check daily, but it is still SOLD OUT:( . I just remember our last cruise, the very long lines I saw people standing in, as I happily went into the "special" door, with my FTTF. I am hoping to have your embarkation experience. Just sad we will have to babysit our carry-ons until the staterooms open up for occupancy.

Yes it was Sold out for me also. But we got on the ship literally 5 minutes after they did. On my next cruise I am going to try to get it again. I really think it was the organization at Port Canaveral that contributed to this. There no long lines at all. We were in Zone 5. The holding area was crowded but everything moved really quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I see you were able to get off the ship and on the road quickly. Did you park your car at the hotel? How was the shuttle back to get your car? We're on the Magic next year, also from VA :-) The stress of transportation from the airport has me seriously thinking about driving (even with a 5 yo)!

I see you were able to get off the ship and on the road quickly. Did you park your car at the hotel? How was the shuttle back to get your car? We're on the Magic next year, also from VA :-) The stress of transportation from the airport has me seriously thinking about driving (even with a 5 yo)!

We did self assist and was able to get off through deck 0 pretty quickly. The disembark was very unusual because we didn't dock until 2:15. We parked our car at the Radisson and there were several shuttles waiting. They serviced several hotels and we were the first group to get dropped off. I believe if it wasn't for the Hurricane damage on 95 we would have made the easy 12 hour ride and would have been home that night.

We did self assist and was able to get off through deck 0 pretty quickly. The disembark was very unusual because we didn't dock until 2:15. We parked our car at the Radisson and there were several shuttles waiting. They serviced several hotels and we were the first group to get dropped off. I believe if it wasn't for the Hurricane damage on 95 we would have made the easy 12 hour ride and would have been home that night.

Thanks for this info. We are driving down from WV also 12 hour drive. What part VA you from? We live in Huntington WV. We have several pod cast ready to listen to that should help pass the time. We are dividing the trip down by stopping in Charlotte but driving straight back after the cruise. Also FTTF sold out for us so good to know we can easily self disembark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this info. We are driving down from WV also 12 hour drive. What part VA you from? We live in Huntington WV. We have several pod cast ready to listen to that should help pass the time. We are dividing the trip down by stopping in Charlotte but driving straight back after the cruise. Also FTTF sold out for us so good to know we can easily self disembark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are from the Farmville area of Virginia.

Thanks. We were able to get to our room at exactly 1:30 and had our bags by 3:00. I did notice they were still delivering bags at 5.

Same with us, no FTTF but got our bags the same time you did. Maybe the $20 tip I gave the porter helped...DH thinks that is the case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you describe the room as clean but the bed atrocious, I'm hoping you're saying the bed was uncomfortable. I'm staying there in November, you have me worried. I don't like dirty places.

When we stayed there 2 years ago the beds were sleep number beds and they were horrible! I really didnt think it was that clean of a place especially for the price. It is really close to the port. I wouldnt stay there again, but to each their own. Enjoy the cruise!