Koningsdam Retreat Cabanas

djhsolara

I've searched and seen a few, but I wondered if anyone had information on the Cabanas on Kdam.

Some people say that they are separated by curtains only, but I've also read that there is a wall behind the curtain and the curtain is just decorative.

I've also read and seen photos that there are only loungers in the Cabanas. Are guests supposed to eat outside of the cabana? Are they still serving lunch there? Afternoon champagne and strawberries?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is a photo of the cabanas on ms Koningsdam. Taken August 2016 on a cruise to the Norwegian fjords.

Too cold for anyone to use them. It annoyed me that the cabanas totally blocked the view of the fjords! IMO for cruises like this, they should remove the curtains. The wind was whipping the curtains into shreds.

<a href=https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5825/30034343560_a9746b4c6a_z.jpg' alt='30034343560_a9746b4c6a_z.jpg'>IMG_4109 by BobalinkToo, on Flickr[/img]

I'm so glad I canceled my retreat cabana for my December Koningsdam cruise. They're such a disappointment after experiencing the longer retreat cabanas (with dining table & 2 chairs) on Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam! These smaller ones just aren't worth it to me. I'll be cruising solo, and doubt I'll have any trouble finding a nice spot to enjoy the sunshine, but i did book a retreat cabana for my Eurodam cruise in March. I'll share it with a friend cruising in the stateroom next door (we're both cruising solo), and it'll be nice to have lunch in the cabana each day!

Sue/WDW1972

Koningsdam 12/4/16

Eurodam 3/25/17

Nieuw Amsterdam 12/16/17

I'm so glad I canceled my retreat cabana for my December Koningsdam cruise. They're such a disappointment after experiencing the longer retreat cabanas (with dining table & 2 chairs) on Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam! These smaller ones just aren't worth it to me. I'll be cruising solo, and doubt I'll have any trouble finding a nice spot to enjoy the sunshine, but i did book a retreat cabana for my Eurodam cruise in March. I'll share it with a friend cruising in the stateroom next door (we're both cruising solo), and it'll be nice to have lunch in the cabana each day!

Sue/WDW1972

Koningsdam 12/4/16

Eurodam 3/25/17

Nieuw Amsterdam 12/16/17

We switched from the Kdam to the Eurodam due to a combination to the pricing and the cabanas. My Mom is a "chronologically gifted" 4 star who loves the cabanas on the NA and the Eurodam. After showing her the pics of the cabanas on the Koningsdam she decided they were not for her. So, we cancelled and rebooked for the original sized cabanas on the Eurodam.

• 4 weeks later...

Sue/WDW1972

Koningsdam 12/4/16

Eurodam 3/25/17

Nieuw Amsterdam 12/16/17

We did the same, Sue. Cancelled our Retreat Cabana. I called guest services and was told that there are now two very small chairs and a very small table. I haven't seen any pictures yet, but don't know how they could possibly fit any more furniture in. Current pictures indicate my thoughts. BTW we'll be on the same sailing.

Also cancelled our retreat cabana on Koningsdam after seeing the photo. It is not the same as the ones on Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam.......much smaller space with alot less furniture......no dining table/chairs. I don't understand why they were down-scaled on a brand new ship. I thought they would have been even larger!

We actually just booked our cabana for January. Even though they're smaller, we'll still enjoy having our own reserved space. I'll be anxious to see how it works for the food service since there is no space specifically to eat in the cabana.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 years later...

Just booked Koningsdam cruise for Feb. 2020. Did not book retreat cabana because of negative feedback in previous comments. We loved the cabanas on Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam and Zuiderdam but were unimpressed with the ones on the Westerdam. Does anyone have any more recent comments or observations about the Koningsdam retreat cabanas that may be a little more recent?   Any upgrades or changes that may sway our decision???