NCL credit card

jpkriseddie

I was wondering if anyone has the NCL credit card and how does it work? I was not able to find any info on the ncl websitw.maybe just don't know where to look...lol.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Forums mobile app

Ok perfect! I know now:) so any experience with this card? Is it worth getting one?

Ok perfect! I know now:) so any experience with this card? Is it worth getting one?

I have one and use it for booking any NCL cruise and other extras. You will basically get 100 bucks of onboard credit the first time you use the card.

Then after that, each dollar charged on the card equals one point.

5000 points = 50 bucks onboard credit.

Any NCL charges (cruise, excursions, etc) will count triple points so it adds up pretty quick. I had 15000 points this time so that is 150 bucks onboard credit.

There is no annual charge. Cant really speak about interest rates, etc. I am fortunate enough to be able to pay off the card whenever I charge something on it.

Yes I think it us worth getting. Just for signing up you get 10,000 points which you can turn into $100 of onboard credit or $$ off your next cruise as the points grow. I signed up for mine onboard and got $50 onboard credit on the spot to use on the cruise I was on. On a different cruise My friend signed up and got 2 for 1 at specialty restaurant. Not sure what the special is now. Usually something though. I know there is a list of other things to use it on but I don't know what they are. Also it is free.

If you don't want to mess with the onboard credit (which CANT be used to pay your service charges), the easiest thing to do is convert your points to a statement credit.

They give you 3x the points when you use it to pay for your cruise. Then, after you get that next statement, convert the points to a statement credit. It appears the next day so now you owe less money on your cc bil.

There are better cards than the NCL credit card.

The initial free 10,000 points is attractive, but that's all.

You earn 3x points but if you redeem it for cash/statement credit it is only worth 1.5 cents per point. (You don't find this out until you get the disclosures with the card.)

You only get 3 cents if you redeem for on-board credit or cruise fare on an NCL cruise. Why limit to one cruise line?

The Sam's Club Mastercard is a true 3% travel rewards card. There are others with higher rewards, but they have annual fees.

P.S. I had a hassle trying to redeem the initial rewards for $100 on-board credit because my official last name has a blank space in it, whereas the credit card lacked the blank space. So I redeemed the points for cash and then destroyed the card!

You earn 3x points but if you redeem it for cash/statement credit it is only worth 1.5 cents per point. (You don't find this out until you get the disclosures with the card.)

You only get 3 cents if you redeem for on-board credit or cruise fare on an NCL cruise. Why limit to one cruise line?

The Sam's Club Mastercard is a true 3% travel rewards card. There are others with higher rewards, but they have annual fees.

P.S. I had a hassle trying to redeem the initial rewards for $100 on-board credit because my official last name has a blank space in it, whereas the credit card lacked the blank space. So I redeemed the points for cash and then destroyed the card!

Not true. $10,000 points equals a $100 onboard credit. It also equals a $100 statement credit.

We are cruising in a few weeks and I obtained the card to add onboard credit to our cruise account. We paid our final payment and daily gratuities on this card and earned 3x's the point. We also have been using it for our weekly incidentals to earn extra credit at 1 point per dollar. We cruise on the 13th of November and last week I called and converted our points for an additional $200 in onboard credit. It was a super easy process. You call the phone number to redeem your points and then they email you a statement showing your onboard credit that will be added to your ship account.

You can also use the points to upgrade your cabin category. We looked into this as well as I was looking to upgrade to an aft balcony vs. mid ship balcony. However, in the end our current deal was better and so we left things the way they were and opted for additional credit.

You earn 3x points but if you redeem it for cash/statement credit it is only worth less than one cent per point, under 25,000 points [edited to correct earlier statement]. (You don't find this out until you get the disclosures with the card.)

Not true. $10,000 points equals a $100 onboard credit. It also equals a $100 statement credit.

You must have made that redemption under older rules.

The current redemption rates for cash/statement credit are:

0 to 9,999 points - 0.5 cent per point

10,000 to 24,999 - 0.8 cent per point

> 25,000 points - 1.0 cent per point

You must have made that redemption under older rules.

The current redemption rates for cash/statement credit are:

0 to 9,999 points - 0.5 cent per point

10,000 to 24,999 - 0.8 cent per point

> 25,000 points - 1.0 cent per point

I just redeemed 15000 points for 150 dollars onboard credit for my 10/29 Escape cruise. Redeemed less than a month ago.

I just redeemed 15000 points for 150 dollars onboard credit for my 10/29 Escape cruise. Redeemed less than a month ago.

Yes, NCL on-board credit is one cent per point.

I use my Sam's Club mastercard for 3% rewards on all travel, no foreign transaction fees either. Redemption for cash, so I don't have to wait for my next NCL cruise.

I previously had a Bank of America Travel Rewards card that gave 5% on travel, (special offer, grandfathered in about 8 years ago) but they changed rules two years ago, and I stopped using that card.

I was wondering if anyone has the NCL credit card and how does it work? I was not able to find any info on the ncl websitw.maybe just don't know where to look...lol.

NCL doesn't make it real easy to find the WorldPoints rewards breakdown on their website. Click on the $10,000 Bonus Points Offer next to the credit card image towards bottom of the NCL home page to bring up the following informational page:

https://www.ncl.com/world-points

There are a number of us who save points and use them for upgrade purposes. With 30,000 points you can move from an inside to an oceanview or oceanview to balcony stateroom (meta upgrade). 60,000 points moves you from inside to balcony (double meta upgrade) which can save a lot of money especially on longer more unusual cruises.

I save my points till I get to 60,000 then I use them to get a balcony room for the price of an inside. I saved a bit over $1500 doing it that way instead of a $600 credit.

I have this and made it to 150 points to get my $150 OBC. How do I get the OBC credit? It's not listed as an option on the redemption website.

There is a number on the website you have to call to get the credit. It annoyed me to have to call, but it worked fine. The credit was on our account with no problem. If I remember, I did pretty immediately get an email confirming the transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this and made it to 150 points to get my $150 OBC. How do I get the OBC credit? It's not listed as an option on the redemption website.

There is a number on the website you have to call to get the credit. It annoyed me to have to call, but it worked fine. The credit was on our account with no problem. If I remember, I did pretty immediately get an email confirming the transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, consider the option of having your $150 credit transferred directly into your checking account. You can then use it to pay off your balance pre cruise, or on your NCL MC balance post cruise. IMO, better to charge $150 on board, accrue the triple points, 450, and then use the $150 in your bank account t to pay the bill. If you use it as an OBC, you lose 450 points you would otherwise have had.

Points are worth way more if you use them for upgrades. I cashed in 30,000 points to go from an ocean view cabin to a balcony for our Alaska cruise. That was valued at $900 in savings. Cashed in 60,000 points to go from inside to balcony on our spring break 2017 escape cruise. That was valued at nearly $1900 in savings.