Dining in extra Restaurants

Canadian Sunset

My husband and I have booked the regular veranda cabin on the Nov. 20/16 Rome to Athens cruise.

I knew that we couldn't book Manfredi's or the Chef's Table ahead of time, but can we book them at all when we board? I thought we had one opportunity to dine at each restaurant.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Advanced reservations are one of the category perks for Deluxe Veranda and above. The higher the category, the more nights you can reserve in advance.

However, don't despair! Once on board, you will be able to make reservations. On boarding day, go talk with the head waiters for each restaurant. Start with the Chef's table because you will want to check out the menus for the Chef's Table before you reserve anyway (they change every few days). Manfredi's menu is the same each night; never changes.

On our trip this summer, we did not make any advanced reservations and even after the first day, we were able to make reservations for a table without any trouble.

We are recently off the Viking Sea. Although we had the opportunity to pre-book specialty restaurants, one evening my husband wanted to see if we could get into Manfredi's at the last minute. We checked with the Maitre d' and he found us a table for two.

You an also find anew open reservation if you are open to sharing a larger table as well.

Have a great cruise!

Becki

We are recently off the Viking Sea. Although we had the opportunity to pre-book specialty restaurants, one evening my husband wanted to see if we could get into Manfredi's at the last minute. We checked with the Maitre d' and he found us a table for two.

You an also find anew open reservation if you are open to sharing a larger table as well.

Have a great cruise!

Becki

Thanks for that helpful information. We can't wait until our cruise.

Bonnie

We found the two restaurants were rarely full even though they turned away Rez requests. On the next to last night we had made a same day Rez for 4 in chefs table. During our time there the restaurant was half full

The mgr said many people no showed due to lobster Thermidor on the menu in the mdr

We found food and service in manfredis to be not as good as everywhere else on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's my problem with making dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants, which nights do I not eat in the MDR?

On NCL's POA we were able to get a complete set of the printed MDR menus for the entire cruise, which really helped planning specialty restaurants. If NCL can do it, surely Viking can!

Viking can do that when you board not sure if before. However we really preferred the world cafe too. Awesome sushi bar plus seafood and entrees in mdr offered in addition and then great gelato bar!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Viking can do that when you board not sure if before. However we really preferred the world cafe too. Awesome sushi bar plus seafood and entrees in mdr offered in addition and then great gelato bar!

Glad to hear having dinner in the World Café is a nice experience. My husband likes quick dinners sometimes and will be a nice change of our experience on other lines.

• 1 month later...
i don't need to plan my menus in advance. ....

I totally agree with your comment. Somehow, people going on a cruise can plan their meals months in advance. Yet, when our family goes out to eat, they never seem to be able to decide what they want NOW.

LOL!