Question about how CCL charges your bank account.

hlb76

We just got off the Valor yesterday. My son used his bank card for his S &S account. He checked his balance about 8pm Friday and put his left over cash towards his balance. Yesterday he checked his bank account when we got off the ship and they pulled the full balance from his account. I was just wondering when do they actually run your card? Could they of ran it Friday during business hours? Since he put cash down later in the day it may of been to late to reverse charges? He is going to check his account again Monday and hope it's fixed. If it's not who should he contact ? Just the 1 800 Carnival # or is there a special number to try??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

That's kinda what I'm hoping his bill was $600 ish and he paid $300 in cash. So he should of been charged $300ish. Instead $600 ish came out.

From my experience, they pulled a hold whenever I reached $500 spent or so... I would have a bunch of holds (budgeted so non issue) and once we were off & home, the holds come off and final charge is applied. Have him watch it all next week. They aren't the speediest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's kinda what I'm hoping his bill was $600 ish and he paid $300 in cash. So he should of been charged $300ish. Instead $600 ish came out.

It's likely a full hold. I use my debit card too, but put cash on my account early in the cruise, then the charges and hold is less at the end if I run over that amount. I'm not anti debit card like so many here, I just manage it the way I'm comfortable. I did not know about holds the first time I just used a debit card, so don't feel bad.

From my experience, they pulled a hold whenever I reached $500 spent or so... I would have a bunch of holds (budgeted so non issue) and once we were off & home, the holds come off and final charge is applied. Have him watch it all next week. They aren't the speediest lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are as speedy to process credit card holds on their books as any hotel, rental car agency or other cruise line. It's all computerized.

The holds come off per the policies of your financial institution, not Carnival.

They are as speedy to process credit card holds on their books as any hotel, rental car agency or other cruise line. It's all computerized.

The holds come off per the policies of your financial institution, not Carnival.

And if you read further, I stated I have had zero issues ever with my bank. I use my debit card for all my cruises and have had zero problems with it. I knew what the charges are because on my bank they say "pending" when they are a hold....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk