Upgrade offer, first Oceania cruise

onebzyldy

We have received an offer today for an upgrade to a Conceirge Veranda Stateroom [presently booked in a Veranda Stateoom B3 with a larger balcony on deck 7]

They are offering an upgrade to A3 for $100pp A2 for $150pp or A1 for $200pp

Can anyone tell me if this is a fabulous deal and if it is worth us changing?

We will be first time cruisers with Oceania. Although we have cruised 24 times.

We've cruised on Princess, NCL, RCCL, Hal, Costa and Carnival.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

DonnaF :)

The 100 pp might be worth it if

You eat breakfast in your cabin and want hot items

You plan to use the private spa deck 2 or 3 times

You want to book specialty restaurants a little earlier

It is not a fabulous deal. It is only worth it if those are benefits you will use

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't have enough info on your cruise to determine if getting off the front of the ship is a good thing or not. Only you can decide if the upgrade to Concierge is worth the price. On O ships, we think it is, on R ships probably not.

As newbies, they are building your profile. Will you accept upgrade/upsell offers? Will you accept transfers to other cruises? What benes does it take to move you? Within a couple of cruises their computers will have plenty of info on your habits and preferences?

Welcome to Oceania, I think you'll enjoy the great cruise line! :D

We too are new to Oceania, having past cruises with Celebrity, Princess and H.A..L

We had booked a Verandah (B2) on Riviera Jan 13/17

Oceania asked us to move over to the Marina Jan 22/17 cruise, offered a PH 1 same price as the Verandah, keeping the original perks, (free internet and $800 O.B.C.)

We took the offer

It appears the offers are dependant on how badly they need your room, what they can resell it for, and how strong or weak the bookings are based on their algorithms.

Only you can decide if the benefits of the upgrade, upsell or move over offer have value. We're all different, what works for me, may well not for you.

We too are new to Oceania, having past cruises with Celebrity, Princess and H.A..L

We had booked a Verandah (B2) on Riviera Jan 13/17

Oceania asked us to move over to the Marina Jan 22/17 cruise, offered a PH 1 same price as the Verandah, keeping the original perks, (free internet and $800 O.B.C.)

We took the offer

It appears the offers are dependant on how badly they need your room, what they can resell it for, and how strong or weak the bookings are based on their algorithms.

Only you can decide if the benefits of the upgrade, upsell or move over offer have value. We're all different, what works for me, may well not for you.

Now, that's a great offer! I too would jump on it, provided I liked the itinerary.

Much nicer cabin, many more perks at no extra cost.

Congrats and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, we're looking forward to trying Oceania

This is the second time we were upgraded. The first was our very first cruise, which was with Princess. They upgraded us from an ocean view to a balcony.

DW was never interested in less than a balcony after that.

Now I'm a little anxious anything less than a PH won't meet her requirements going forward.

Edited by WpgCruise

Thanks, we're looking forward to trying Oceania

This is the second time we were upgraded. The first was our very first cruise, which was with Princess. They upgraded us from an ocean view to a balcony.

DW was never interested in less than a balcony after that.

Now I'm a little anxious anything less than a PH won't meet her requirements going forward.

A very real possibility :D - especially on the O class ships where the PH is a major upgrade from the veranda cabins (more so than on the R class ships).

From personal experience I know that it's hard to go back after such an upgrade.

Our first cruise on Renaissance (on the then-R2) was in a Deck 7 veranda. Our next cruise a few months later was in what Oceania calls a PH. After that it was hard to go back to the standard veranda, although we did.

Then in 2005 we had a last minute upsell from a PH on Regatta to an OS. Spoiled forever!

That doesn't mean we always book an OS, because that's the only one we've ever been in. But we have been in Vistas and Oceania Suites on Marina, and just recently a Vista on Sirena.

But we took a downsell for an obscene amount of money for our June Nautica cruise -- we went from a PH to a B1. We survived! (The money refunded paid for the Vista on Sirena.)

But these days we tend to book the suites ... It's hard once you find the extra space and perks.

Maybe I should say it is hard for US! Plenty of people are very happy with more modest accommodations. The question is: how will YOU feel?

Only you will know.

Mura

We have received an offer today for an upgrade to a Conceirge Veranda Stateroom [presently booked in a Veranda Stateoom B3 with a larger balcony on deck 7]

Thank you in advance.

How many "hot breakfasts in the cabin" can you eat. IMO, it's the only worthwhile perk of concierge class and certainly not worth giving up that extended balcony. On Riviera and Marina, we grab extended balcony cabins ASAP.

How many "hot breakfasts in the cabin" can you eat. IMO, it's the only worthwhile perk of concierge class and certainly not worth giving up that extended balcony. On Riviera and Marina, we grab extended balcony cabins ASAP.

First its not an up grade, which are no charge. It is an up-sell.

The concierge deal is a looser, its really all fuff Hot breakfast in the cabin? Where? there is not much room just a small coffee table and eating for 2 off it would look like the 3 stooges have breakfast. B3 balcony is way better keep it O want you out of a B3 so the can sell it and have you pay to get a lesser cabin with a cute name that dosent sell as well is a good deal ....for Oceania

I agree BUT we all know that there are some people who are appalled that you need to be in concierge or above to get hot breakfast in the cabin. It is a hot button issue [emoji16].

I have no idea how important this issue is to the op who is new to o

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you in advance.

We've decided to keep our original B3 cabin.

Appreciate all the input. We agree that this offer is not an *upgrade* but an upsell.

We don't want to give up our extended balcony 😎

Thank you again to all that responded to my post.

DonnaF 😁

Not sure if you're asking me this question regarding my original post? Or to the others that partially hi jacked my post? Lol.

But yes, we used a TA.

DonnaF 😁

Thanks - yes i was wondering if you used a TA because we did as well and I was curious if they still offered upsells/upgrades to TA bookings or just those done directly with the cruise line. Thanks and enjoy your extended balcony. We have one too (7125) on our first Oceania cruise in February.

Thanks - yes i was wondering if you used a TA because we did as well and I was curious if they still offered upsells/upgrades to TA bookings or just those done directly with the cruise line. Thanks and enjoy your extended balcony. We have one too (7125) on our first Oceania cruise in February.

Upsells/upgrades/move-overs are always offered to TAs rather than customers booked directly with Oceania - it's just simpler and more manageable for the cruise line.

They are accepted on first come basis.

I may be wrong, but from my experience and those of others I know, Up-sells and also down-sells are done through bookings via an agent. O does their best to give the good deals to its agents and supports them. To offer an up sell or any perk to a direct booking would be shooting themselves in the foot by passing their agents......That they wont do.

So if you want a the option of cash for a lesser cabin or the chance to get a discount on a better cabin your going to have the best chance via an agent booking.

I may be wrong, but from my experience and those of others I know, Up-sells and also down-sells are done through bookings via an agent. O does their best to give the good deals to its agents and supports them. To offer an up sell or any perk to a direct booking would be shooting themselves in the foot by passing their agents......That they wont do.

So if you want a the option of cash for a lesser cabin or the chance to get a discount on a better cabin your going to have the best chance via an agent booking.

Excellent, glad I used a travel agent!

We had booked a guarantee balcony cabin for a 1 week voyage from Rome to Venice on Riviera. Our agent offered us upsell cabins at all levels, including the Owners Suite for $2500 more per person! We took the deal, and are very excited about the cruise. Never sailed in such an opulent cabin before, it will be a great experience for us.

We are on the same cruise. We did not take the offer. We have one of the extended balconies on Deck 7 aft. Lots of people from Southern California on our cruise. Enjoy the suite life ! Cheers, Heather

Maggie.1008 You are on the December 15th cruise as well?

DonnaF 😃

We had booked a guarantee balcony cabin for a 1 week voyage from Rome to Venice on Riviera. Our agent offered us upsell cabins at all levels, including the Owners Suite for $2500 more per person! We took the deal, and are very excited about the cruise. Never sailed in such an opulent cabin before, it will be a great experience for us.

I think I would have taken your offer also.