Cruise Critic Community
TAD2005

Mariner Pinnacle Grill discount question

We are 3 star Mariners and we will be cruising with 2 relatives who have never cruised before, and they are in a different cabin. If we purchase a Pinnacle Grill dinner for the 4 of us, on line, using my 3-star account, will the 25% discount apply to all 4 of us, or just my DW and I who have the 3-star status ? I understand that we pay the full $35 per person price on line, when making the purchase, then we get the discount credited back to us on our on-board account. Will I see a discount for all 4 persons, or just the 2 of us who are 3-star Mariners ?

We are 3 star Mariner's and have just come back from a Westerdam Vanc-Hawaii-Vanc cruise last week.

We were travelling with another lady in a different cabin. She met a friend on board, and the four of us went to the Canaletto on the second last night. As our friend's friend paid for the drinks that night, I asked the waitress to please put the price of the dinner on our account for all four of us.

I was very pleasantly surprised the next morning when I saw that I did get the Loyalty Discount (as a three star) for all four of us. I didn't expect that!

If YOU pay for the dinner, then the mariner discount has applied as long as I have been cruising.

No worries as long as you are treating.

Yes. You'll pay for the whole party at full price up front when you book, but you'll see a credit against your shipboard account after you dine.

Online reservations are under a single name and then the number of additional guests are added. Whatever financial arrangement you make with your friends will not affect the Mariner-discounted price you will pay for the whole group.

Yes -- just make your reservation online and you will get the discount for all 4 of you.

Don't count on getting the discount for everyone if you wait until you are on the ship to make the reservation. Each Pinnacle manager handles things differently.