Harmony LIVE, November 12th - 19th. Happier Than a Seagull with a French Fry!

A&L_Ont

We are allowed to use Nexus when disembarking from a cruise? on a closed loop? is there a separate line?

TOmale, there is a Nexus line at Terminal 18 in Port Everglades. I haven't used it as we are lucky enough to use the suite disembarkation line. Ourusualbeach (from our March roll call) has used it numerous times and he might chime in on how it works. There is a separate line above the others. You need the card as always but you show it to the customs agent. It is not the swipe terminal style as you would expect at Pearson.

We are allowed to use Nexus when disembarking from a cruise? on a closed loop? is there a separate line?

TOmale, there is a Nexus line at Terminal 18 in Port Everglades. I haven't used it as we are lucky enough to use the suite disembarkation line. Ourusualbeach (from our March roll call) has used it numerous times and he might chime in on how it works. There is a separate line above the others. You need the card as always but you show it to the customs agent. It is not the swipe terminal style as you would expect at Pearson.

When we gave used the line (not very well marked) we have also used a porter. We have just told the porter that we have the Global Entry (not sure if they would know what Nexus was). They took us to the far right hand side of the terminal and someone there checked to see that you had your Nexus card, they then allowed you in to the area where the agents are located and we were the next in line. Unless things have changed since last March they don't yet have the ability to read the Nexus card so you still had to show your passport but it was just a quick glance and we were on our way.

The porters that we have used seemed very happy when we told them we had the card as it basically allowed them to help us quickly and get right back to help another guest.

Well worth it especially as it as the Nexus card is only $50 for 5 years and kids are free.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm late to the party....but can't thank you enough! I read the entire review in one day - and now am getting quite excited for my turn :) This is the first review I've read from you and love your sense of humor. I literally laughed out loud at least five times. The description of the chili dog and the restroom was priceless :D:eek: I also just downloaded the mobile passport app and will definitely make use of it on our cruise. This is our first time that we are skipping Chops - we've always enjoyed it in the past but didn't make reservations for our upcoming cruise. We are looking forward to our other specialty dining reservations and hope some of the kinks you mentioned have been worked out. But like you - even if we encounter a few kinks, we'll still have a fantastic time. Thanks again and look forward to following you on future reviews! I hope you'll post something here when you start a new review??

So I'm late to the party....but can't thank you enough! I read the entire review in one day - and now am getting quite excited for my turn :) This is the first review I've read from you and love your sense of humor. I literally laughed out loud at least five times. The description of the chili dog and the restroom was priceless :D:eek: I also just downloaded the mobile passport app and will definitely make use of it on our cruise. This is our first time that we are skipping Chops - we've always enjoyed it in the past but didn't make reservations for our upcoming cruise. We are looking forward to our other specialty dining reservations and hope some of the kinks you mentioned have been worked out. But like you - even if we encounter a few kinks, we'll still have a fantastic time. Thanks again and look forward to following you on future reviews! I hope you'll post something here when you start a new review??

I'm glad to see join the party, even if a little late. Besides learning some things about the ship and the new customs entry program, I also helped you to write off a percentage of the first day of the year. If you had any Resolutions about being more productive we just destroyed that one, before the end of the first day.:D

As for your upcoming cruise hopefully the service issues we experienced will no longer be occurring. No matter the case it sounds like you will make the best of the situation.

As for future reviews I will be able to help you with your post cruise depression as we return to Harmony 3 weeks after you get off of her. Hopefully it will help to ease your pain. In the meantime if you want to read a couple of my past ones see my cruise signature below. As a Buffett you will appreciate the title of my August 2016 review. Reading them will totally confirm the mashing of any productive resolution and maybe a few others along the way.

Happy New Year!

I'm glad to see join the party, even if a little late. Besides learning some things about the ship and the new customs entry program, I also helped you to write off a percentage of the first day of the year. If you had any Resolutions about being more productive we just destroyed that one, before the end of the first day.:D

As for your upcoming cruise hopefully the service issues we experienced will no longer be occurring. No matter the case it sounds like you will make the best of the situation.

As for future reviews I will be able to help you with your post cruise depression as we return to Harmony 3 weeks after you get off of her. Hopefully it will help to ease your pain. In the meantime if you want to read a couple of my past ones see my cruise signature below. As a Buffett you will appreciate the title of my August 2016 review. Reading them will totally confirm the mashing of any productive resolution and maybe a few others along the way.

Happy New Year!

I'm already in love with the title of your August 2016 review! :p:D:) I've become a loyal follower of yours already ;)

When you start your next review of Harmony - please post the link here so we can all find you. I'll also put a tickler on my computer to look for the review - it will help get me through March and my PCD!

Happy New Year and Cheers!

Edited by Buffett fan

• 5 weeks later...
Well, look who showed up fashionably late to your review! :o:o Sorry, I just haven't been on CC as much lately. Facebook is getting so hateful, I had to make my return here. Great review and no comment about Dirty Sanchez! :eek::eek: See you soon! :)

LOL Maureen. You are the only one that caught the Dirty Sanchez, Crew Bar photo in Saint Maarten. I knew someone would have got the reference eventually.:D

• 1 month later...
I'm already in love with the title of your August 2016 review! :p:D:) I've become a loyal follower of yours already ;)

When you start your next review of Harmony - please post the link here so we can all find you. I'll also put a tickler on my computer to look for the review - it will help get me through March and my PCD!

Happy New Year and Cheers!

You asked and you shall receive. Here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2467555

I hope it helps with your PCD.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Final Thoughts

We booked this cruise a long time ago and waited patiently for embarkation day to come. When entertainment opened for booking, we booked all the shows we wanted to see. A few weeks before our sail date many of us on our Roll Call started to get emails changing our show times. It didn't effect us as much as others on our sailing but it was a PITA (pain in the a$$). These show changes brought conflicts with dinners and even a show changed from the evening to 3pm on a sea day. Many did not want to give up their PTH (prime tanning hours).

The reason given for the show changes was reasonable. It was to give show performers a break after their heavy work load during the short PR sailings the week before ours. Totally acceptable to me, but RC should have known/realized this months ago, if not before they opened our show calendar. This would have avoided grief for many on our sailing. ....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As always, loving your lives. Just too far from ours and need entertainment so binging on your last cruises. Funny enough, we booked and had to cancel this cruise 😢 .. life happened.

Anyway.. we are booked on Symphony it’s first Caribbean Cruise in Nov. Cruise Planner has yet to open entertainment reservations... I wonder if the kinks from Harmony’s 1st trip out might have taught them some lessons and they are being more careful and taking their time releasing the schedule for us to book. ...? I wonder?

Anyway. Thank you for THIS and all your other lives! They help keep us all busy while we wait for ours.