How Much Money To Bring On a 6 day Cruise

Hello everyone,

I am going to be going on a cruise beginning of December with my boyfriend we will be going on Carnival for 6 days to... Mahogany Bay, Cozumel, and Belize.

I know that in the beginning of our cruise we will need to open an account for any expenses we have on the cruise with the card they give us. Which my boyfriend and I decided we would do with cash instead of card. So as of now we have saved 1200 together total for anything that would be on the boat and on ports. We both will not be gambling, but we will be having a good amount of drinks per day. And we are hoping to do at least one excursion. Spas, photos, etc will not be purchased.

Will 1200 for two people be enough for the cruise and for ports? or should we bring more?

Don't forget to account for expenses along the way, porters, taxis, lunch etc. Then of course there are those much loved t-shirts, shot glasses and yard drinks :D.

Pencil in a few pictures from the ship. For some reason those are some of the few that turn out good of my DH and I. Plus a nice formal picture of the two of you might be something that you end up treasuring. If you forget something from home and need to buy it on board expect to pay top dollar so plan well or don't forget the neosporin and deodorant.

• 1 month later...