Bell2805

Nice beach

Hi will be visiting St Lucia on 15th February 16 and looking for advise on beaches. We have previously visited and used Rodney Bay also Cosol Tours. We would like to try another Beach this time. What are you comments on Pigeon Point/ Island ? We are looking for a beach with sunbeds, somewhere to buy refreshments and bathroom facilities etc. ? Or has one got any better suggestions.. Also how much will the taxi cost...

Many Thanks

Bell's

Hi will be visiting St Lucia on 15th February 16 and looking for advise on beaches. We have previously visited and used Rodney Bay also Cosol Tours. We would like to try another Beach this time. What are you comments on Pigeon Point/ Island ? We are looking for a beach with sunbeds, somewhere to buy refreshments and bathroom facilities etc. ? Or has one got any better suggestions.. Also how much will the taxi cost...

Many Thanks

Bell's

Pigeon island is a great location for rest and relaxation. It is close enough to the cruise port and not as busy as other beaches. It is $35.00 one way up to 4 persons for taxi with a $7.00 pp entrance fee with chairs. Drive is only 30 minutes. There's natural shade so no need for umbrellas. I like to visit early when I am planning to hike the fort as the sun can make the hike trying. There is a small reef for snorkeling, snuba is done there, jet ski's. The Jambe de Bois restaurant is good for a light lunch and drinks. There is also some local restaurants right outside that serve local fare. Smokey the fruit boat comes around often with pineapple and coconuts with rum, fresh fruits. He will also top you up for free. Great pineapples! I believe there are some local tour operators who offer tours to Pigeon island Barefoot, Serenitytvl, St. Lucia Reps. Enjoy this beach is fabulous!

the new beach facility open on the vigie beach right opposite the GFL airport is great for cruiseship passengers wanting to spend the day at the beach, within 3minutes from the port is ideal for you and your family etc bathroom and shower facility available.15327784_1326856344005300_130263841_n.jpg?oh=58bb68dc61f911833b0f729994c313b4&oe=584302D7

Can you walk to vigie beach from the cruise Port?

Is it an easy and safe walk?

It's a very easy, flat safe walk over to Vigie Beach. Hang a left out of the port areas, follow the highway to the airport, head right to the end of the airport, loop around and come back down the road between airport and the sea till you come to the boardwalk area...

Glad to see its finally open Castro1n3.... Been a long time coming.. It will really be a boon to the area.... Thanks for letting us know...

I heard about Vigie Beach here and my group of six will be there in February. Can't wait!

Is there food & drink available please.

Yes, the new boardwalk has 4-6 different food outlets with snack food, meals, quick bites, etc and drinks - mainly basic mixed drinks, beers, waters, soft drinks...

super im happy to hear. and remember the directions to the new facility is below

data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0x69bcb9ab7a32470e!2m2!1d-60.9951789!2d14.0144104!1m5!1m1!1s0x8c4067ae20f45209:0x221adc75c0f82862!2m2!1d-60.993056!2d14.02?hl=en

Castro - took a visit by this afternoon. Your sign is a great touch for CruiseCritic folks to find you.

The boardwalk is great. Here's hoping it helps boost business on the beach and proves successful for you vendors and beachgoers alike. Great benefit for that beach.

Well done!

I'm looking into

https://www.theromanticholiday.com

You can go to the website and request information... looks like around $45 for 1/2 day... $105 for a full day... they have other options also. Looks beautiful and was recommended in another post. see... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2348909

:)

This is what we're doing in January. :)

Thanks for the information on Vigie Beach. I was trying to figure out what to do on St. Lucia. I've been there a couple of times and have taken a tour of the island and been to the market place. This time I will have my daughter and granddaughter with me. I was considering Pigeon Island but would rather spend the time and money at the beach than in a cab. It seems walkable, but I wouldn't walk with a nine year old carrying towels and stuff so I assume a taxi would be fairly reasonable. Then maybe after we've had our fill of the beach we will have a cab bring us to the market place, where I know it's an easy walk back to the ship. We will be on the carnival fascination on January 12.

Thanks for the information on Vigie Beach. I was trying to figure out what to do on St. Lucia. I've been there a couple of times and have taken a tour of the island and been to the market place. This time I will have my daughter and granddaughter with me. I was considering Pigeon Island but would rather spend the time and money at the beach than in a cab. It seems walkable, but I wouldn't walk with a nine year old carrying towels and stuff so I assume a taxi would be fairly reasonable. Then maybe after we've had our fill of the beach we will have a cab bring us to the market place, where I know it's an easy walk back to the ship. We will be on the carnival fascination on January 12.

Cabs are readily available at the port. And should be approximately $10-12us one way to Vigie Beach.

The new boardwalk is lovely a great addition to the area. I'm sure you'll enjoy. The beach itself had always been beautiful with calm swimming waters, loads of shade, long long stretch of beach.

Taxis seemed quite avaluable to take you back - you're also right across from the airport, so easy to grab a taxi there also.

Enjoy.

Thank you reedprincess and castro1n3, I really appreciate your tips and help. Each island has its beauty and charm and we are only there for a short time, it's hard to decide what to do. I will look for you on the beach in a few weeks castro1n3.

reedprincess bless up, yes i had to stand out. but thank you so much for just mentioning it. im personally there on saturday n sundays.

ARe there lots of waves or is Vigil beach calm ? Is there a big drop off to get in the water?

Taxi price from both ports? We will be there in February.

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

ARe there lots of waves or is Vigil beach calm ? Is there a big drop off to get in the water?

Taxi price from both ports? We will be there in February.

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

Vigie is generally quite calm as its a protected, although large, bay. Not a big drop off when getting in/out, it's a fairly gentle slope...

Much, of course, depends on Sea conditions at the time, and recent sea conditions as the bottom can change if it's been rough, etc.

But in general, great swimming beach....

Enkoy.

Is Vigie Beach closer to Castries Harbor or Soufriere Bay?

Are there chairs and umbrellas to rent?

Some folks have commented that vendors at Reduit Beach are the most aggressive that they have ever seen. I don't mind saying "no" to folks, but not every couple of minutes. What are the vendors like at Vigie Beach?

vigie is closer to castries, it is in castries. and there are only 2 beach chair vendors currently and 6 kitchen booths with drinks etc. wash room and shower facility as well.

Thank you my friend. It looks as though after several false starts, that we have found something that meets our needs. We shall be there on a Saturday and shall have to look you up. What do you sell or service do you provide at the beach?

no sorry there are none, but maybe printing out this will help...

data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m19!1m13!4m12!1m6!1m2!1s0x8c4067abfb493aaf:0x69bcb9ab7a32470e!2sCruise+Ship+Terminal,+Saint+Lucia!2m2!1d-60.9951789!2d14.0144104!1m3!2m2!1d-60.9947835!2d14.0205862!3e0!3m4!1s0x8c4067b1ff53f6ff:0x293d66da24874929!8m2!3d14.0190917!4d-60.996199

were right across the air strip.

Walking directions have been spelled out in many precious posts about Vigie Beach, a quick search will bring then up. Essentially, hang a left out of the cruise port, follow the highway to the airstrip, turn right to end of airstrip, cross over and walk back down along the beach..

Hi castro1n3,

Thank you for sharing the update on improvements made to Vigie Beach! We will walk from the Princess ship dock to Vigie Beach. Will venues be open at 9 am? Where do I find beach chairs and umbrellas for rent and what is the cost?

Thank you for your help!!

Geri

We will be on the Grandeur Feb 20th and looking forward to going to this beach. We will probably dock on the far side. Do you know what taxis will charge from there. I am sure it will be more. OntarioCruiser

Hi. I was on St. Lucia last Wednesday, January 11. My party of 4 and 2 friends wanted to go to Vigie beach. I asked the cab dispatcher guy how much it would be and he said $5 each way per person, but was I SURE that was the beach I wanted to go to? That I could go to a much better beach for $7 per person each way. He assured me that it was a very nice beach, calm water, natural shade... and against my better judgement, we went. It was Reduit Beach on Rodney Bay... and I HATED IT! There was no natural shade... or very little... the vendors are relentless (and I have read this before, and now believe it) and the cost for 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas was $40 (though I was able to talk him down to $30). The sea was so rough there were red flags up and we were told not to go in the water. You have to buy your return taxi fare when at the cruise port and I told the driver we wanted to leave at 1:30 but by 11 we had had enough and ended up leaving about noon. We could not relax with people constantly trying to sell us stuff... they would interrupt conversations! I finally told the pot dealer to get the F away from me and my husband and 9 year old granddaughter... that if he came by me again I was calling the cops. It was hot and we couldn't go in the water. The facilities we were told were there are the bathrooms of the resort that's there, which I felt funny using, but you do what you have to. Also, there was no food there, except for the expensive restaurant attached to the resort but there were people selling sodas and beers.

So fair warning people that want to go to Vigie... don't let the dispatcher talk you into a different beach. And WHY do they do that???

Even my daughter said if we have a stop on this island again, we are STAYING ON THE SHIP!

good morning Castro! It sounds as if your beach is a good spot for us. We will be in St.Lucia on Feb. 12, a Sunday. Can you clarify that there are no pushy vendors strolling the beach? Nothing annoys me more when I'm trying to relax. What color are YOUR chairs so I know I'm going to the right guy?

AWESOME!!! How do you pronounce the name of the beach.....VIGGIE....or....VEEGEE

can't wait to get there and meet you in person.

AWESOME!!! How do you pronounce the name of the beach.....VIGGIE....or....VEEGEE

can't wait to get there and meet you in person.

Veegee beach.

hi user lupy48 currently no vendors offering anything for sale. i have the beach chairs with the white straps. your name will be on the board so look out for it. vigie beach

Hello castro1n3,

It was in great part thanks to reedprincess that we will be enjoying Vigie Beach.

I've always wanted to see my name posted by a beach... :D

My husband Tom and I (Colleen) will be there on February 23rd, a Thursday, so we won't get to meet... We will definitely appreciate two chairs!

We will enjoy your lovely bit of paradise SOON!:)

GT

Hey Castro, my group of 6 will also be there Feb. 23. Will miss seeing you but look forward to your beach!

Where should we tell the taxi driver to drop us off for Vigie Beach. We will be in St. Lucia on February 17. So it sounds like there are restroom facilities, showers and places to get a snack and beer and chairs.

Sounds like the kind of place for us!

Still deciding what to do in St Lucia but think a beach is for us that day.

Would love to know what more recent visitors to the beach think about it - we don't like to be hassled whilst at the beach and a bit concerned about one or two reports about vendors and dodgy fellas!!

Castro - sounds like a good set up there !:) Are these sunbeds only available at weekends or does someone else run the show during the week ?

Thank you. I will keep updated as to if we will be going to Vigie Beach or not. Our first choice was Anse Chastanet but that doesn't sound doable time wise or money wise from Castries.

yes there are now. great news, your coming. looking forward to having you. ive noted your date and will put your user name on my chalk board look out for it also my chairs have white straps. till then best regards
Edited by Mommy oooo

Castro, My husband and I are coming Thursday, March 2 and would like 2 chairs. We are not early risers so will our chairs still be available noonish? What is the cost for the chairs? Sounds like a beautiful beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did end up at the Rendezvous Resort on St Lucia 1/21. We took a cab for $13 from the port. It was around $60 pp for 6 hrs but they had a few other options. The plan we paid for included drinks and lunch. We easily found 2 chairs under a palm tree. There were water toys available for use, a couple of beautiful pools and the beach. The grounds were lovely! The beach didn't have that pure white sand and aqua colored water...but it was lovely. Drinks from the restaurant bar were much better than the ones at the beach bar. There are no children on this beach other than a few local kids who were enjoying the water. Lunch was a buffet and very good with a variety of chicken, beef and fish. We decided to walk back to the ship which took maybe 20 mins. There were sidewalks the entire way. I would highly recommend this as a beach option for those who are looking for a quiet day on the beach. I would also consider this as a resort to visit for an extended stay!!

This looks like a relaxing way to Spend a few hours and a welcome break from the pushy vendors elsewhere. We plan to come on February 2 and will look for your white chairs.

This looks like a relaxing way to Spend a few hours and a welcome break from the pushy vendors elsewhere. We plan to come on February 7 and will look for your white chairs.

Sorry for the double post. I put the wrong date the first time and couldn't figure out how to edit! :)

Edited by lv2BonBoard

:):)

Great photos Castro1n3 !!

Count us in - we'll be there (the two of us) on April 1st.

Looks like a nice relaxing place.