Bell2805

Nice beach

Thank You Castro! We'll be at your hut during our stop in March!

if u tell me what date ur coming i will put ur username up on the board to welcome you.

Hi. I was on St. Lucia last Wednesday, January 11. My party of 4 and 2 friends wanted to go to Vigie beach. I asked the cab dispatcher guy how much it would be and he said $5 each way per person, but was I SURE that was the beach I wanted to go to? That I could go to a much better beach for $7 per person each way. He assured me that it was a very nice beach, calm water, natural shade... and against my better judgement, we went. It was Reduit Beach on Rodney Bay... and I HATED IT! There was no natural shade... or very little... the vendors are relentless (and I have read this before, and now believe it) and the cost for 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas was $40 (though I was able to talk him down to $30). The sea was so rough there were red flags up and we were told not to go in the water. You have to buy your return taxi fare when at the cruise port and I told the driver we wanted to leave at 1:30 but by 11 we had had enough and ended up leaving about noon. We could not relax with people constantly trying to sell us stuff... they would interrupt conversations! I finally told the pot dealer to get the F away from me and my husband and 9 year old granddaughter... that if he came by me again I was calling the cops. It was hot and we couldn't go in the water. The facilities we were told were there are the bathrooms of the resort that's there, which I felt funny using, but you do what you have to. Also, there was no food there, except for the expensive restaurant attached to the resort but there were people selling sodas and beers.

So fair warning people that want to go to Vigie... don't let the dispatcher talk you into a different beach. And WHY do they do that???

Even my daughter said if we have a stop on this island again, we are STAYING ON THE SHIP!

Hi. I was on St. Lucia last Wednesday, January 11. My party of 4 and 2 friends wanted to go to Vigie beach. I asked the cab dispatcher guy how much it would be and he said $5 each way per person, but was I SURE that was the beach I wanted to go to? That I could go to a much better beach for $7 per person each way. He assured me that it was a very nice beach, calm water, natural shade... and against my better judgement, we went. It was Reduit Beach on Rodney Bay... and I HATED IT! There was no natural shade... or very little... the vendors are relentless (and I have read this before, and now believe it) and the cost for 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas was $40 (though I was able to talk him down to $30). The sea was so rough there were red flags up and we were told not to go in the water. You have to buy your return taxi fare when at the cruise port and I told the driver we wanted to leave at 1:30 but by 11 we had had enough and ended up leaving about noon. We could not relax with people constantly trying to sell us stuff... they would interrupt conversations! I finally told the pot dealer to get the F away from me and my husband and 9 year old granddaughter... that if he came by me again I was calling the cops. It was hot and we couldn't go in the water. The facilities we were told were there are the bathrooms of the resort that's there, which I felt funny using, but you do what you have to. Also, there was no food there, except for the expensive restaurant attached to the resort but there were people selling sodas and beers.

So fair warning people that want to go to Vigie... don't let the dispatcher talk you into a different beach. And WHY do they do that???

Even my daughter said if we have a stop on this island again, we are STAYING ON THE SHIP!

OMFG im sad to see u report these things, even about vigie u get a occasional bad report but i believe it the hungry character of the hustle that take over these people.

now the other reason they suggest the rodney bay beach is because it is generally calm however nowadays people want the comfort change and washroom facility. and i happy to say that we have down at vigie beach, however there sometimes close due to plumbing issues.

on the subject of vending, there 6 booths or as u would have it restaurants all serving a variety of food. 2 beach chair vendors myself another guy his chairs go 10us i rent mine for 5us. now the water most times have a strong current but it's safe to go in as those who come do, so for those parents with the 2yr olds i don't know... any that all for now have to run. thanks for coming.

good morning Castro! It sounds as if your beach is a good spot for us. We will be in St.Lucia on Feb. 12, a Sunday. Can you clarify that there are no pushy vendors strolling the beach? Nothing annoys me more when I'm trying to relax. What color are YOUR chairs so I know I'm going to the right guy?

good morning Castro! It sounds as if your beach is a good spot for us. We will be in St.Lucia on Feb. 12, a Sunday. Can you clarify that there are no pushy vendors strolling the beach? Nothing annoys me more when I'm trying to relax. What color are YOUR chairs so I know I'm going to the right guy?

hi user lupy48 currently no vendors offering anything for sale. i have the beach chairs with the white straps. your name will be on the board so look out for it. vigie beach

AWESOME!!! How do you pronounce the name of the beach.....VIGGIE....or....VEEGEE

can't wait to get there and meet you in person.

AWESOME!!! How do you pronounce the name of the beach.....VIGGIE....or....VEEGEE

Veegee beach.

yup just like reedprincess said. ohhh and im even more excited than you are because you're here on a sunday, as i only work the weekend sat n sunday... so im looking forward to having you.

best regards

castro1n3

15555076_10157973774895422_1952432217_n.jpg?oh=864c31c7c3167239ae66abee976d2f29&oe=5883DD1A

hi user lupy48 currently no vendors offering anything for sale. i have the beach chairs with the white straps. your name will be on the board so look out for it. vigie beach

Hello castro1n3,

It was in great part thanks to reedprincess that we will be enjoying Vigie Beach.

I've always wanted to see my name posted by a beach... :D

My husband Tom and I (Colleen) will be there on February 23rd, a Thursday, so we won't get to meet... We will definitely appreciate two chairs!

We will enjoy your lovely bit of paradise SOON!:)

GT

Hey Castro, my group of 6 will also be there Feb. 23. Will miss seeing you but look forward to your beach!

[emoji106] I look forward to having you and your friends coming over during your stop. Look out for name on the board. Best regards

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where should we tell the taxi driver to drop us off for Vigie Beach. We will be in St. Lucia on February 17. So it sounds like there are restroom facilities, showers and places to get a snack and beer and chairs.

Where should we tell the taxi driver to drop us off for Vigie Beach. We will be in St. Lucia on February 17. So it sounds like there are restroom facilities, showers and places to get a snack and beer and chairs.

yes there are now. great news, your coming. looking forward to having you. ive noted your date and will put your user name on my chalk board look out for it also my chairs have white straps. till then best regards

Sounds like the kind of place for us!

Still deciding what to do in St Lucia but think a beach is for us that day.

Would love to know what more recent visitors to the beach think about it - we don't like to be hassled whilst at the beach and a bit concerned about one or two reports about vendors and dodgy fellas!!

Castro - sounds like a good set up there !:) Are these sunbeds only available at weekends or does someone else run the show during the week ?

Thank you. I will keep updated as to if we will be going to Vigie Beach or not. Our first choice was Anse Chastanet but that doesn't sound doable time wise or money wise from Castries.

yes there are now. great news, your coming. looking forward to having you. ive noted your date and will put your user name on my chalk board look out for it also my chairs have white straps. till then best regards
Edited by Mommy oooo

Sounds like the kind of place for us!

Still deciding what to do in St Lucia but think a beach is for us that day.

Would love to know what more recent visitors to the beach think about it - we don't like to be hassled whilst at the beach and a bit concerned about one or two reports about vendors and dodgy fellas!!

Castro - sounds like a good set up there !:) Are these sunbeds only available at weekends or does someone else run the show during the week ?

yes the service available 7days a week, im the one replacing peterson, whom reps. me during the week. the place is relaxing and nice i add a few pics below.

15555973_10157973774355422_484794185_n.jpg?oh=b20ec7cd511d8b411cdb5b284caa173b&oe=588D5921

15328304_1326856367338631_352204108_n.jpg?oh=cfdb6983a3d53747bc7fe351ba3823c9&oe=588D3EE7

Castro, My husband and I are coming Thursday, March 2 and would like 2 chairs. We are not early risers so will our chairs still be available noonish? What is the cost for the chairs? Sounds like a beautiful beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did end up at the Rendezvous Resort on St Lucia 1/21. We took a cab for $13 from the port. It was around $60 pp for 6 hrs but they had a few other options. The plan we paid for included drinks and lunch. We easily found 2 chairs under a palm tree. There were water toys available for use, a couple of beautiful pools and the beach. The grounds were lovely! The beach didn't have that pure white sand and aqua colored water...but it was lovely. Drinks from the restaurant bar were much better than the ones at the beach bar. There are no children on this beach other than a few local kids who were enjoying the water. Lunch was a buffet and very good with a variety of chicken, beef and fish. We decided to walk back to the ship which took maybe 20 mins. There were sidewalks the entire way. I would highly recommend this as a beach option for those who are looking for a quiet day on the beach. I would also consider this as a resort to visit for an extended stay!!

This looks like a relaxing way to Spend a few hours and a welcome break from the pushy vendors elsewhere. We plan to come on February 2 and will look for your white chairs.

Castro, My husband and I are coming Thursday, March 2 and would like 2 chairs. We are not early risers so will our chairs still be available noonish? What is the cost for the chairs? Sounds like a beautiful beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

noted and their $5usd for 2, only for to cc members. look out for ur username on the board as you're coming up too the facility.

best regards

This looks like a relaxing way to Spend a few hours and a welcome break from the pushy vendors elsewhere. We plan to come on February 7 and will look for your white chairs.

Sorry for the double post. I put the wrong date the first time and couldn't figure out how to edit! :)

Edited by lv2BonBoard

:):)

Great photos Castro1n3 !!

Count us in - we'll be there (the two of us) on April 1st.

Looks like a nice relaxing place.

Hi Castro sent u an email but will be there Thurs 23 Feb, looking for 2 chairs n umbrella. Looking forward to seeing u n having a relaxing day at the beach.

We will there February 20th on the Grandeur of the Seas You mentioned a current. Is there an undertow?

It is easy to get in the water. We will be arriving early in the morning

Sherrill & David Smith

Another vote for Vigie Beach and Castro. He took excellent care of us last month. Bathrooms and food/drink stands are available. When I was in the bathroom, a sudden rain shower popped up. Castro ran down and helped me darling wife get our belongings under cover.

We are looking forward to Vigie Beach! We would love 2 chairs on Thursday Feb 23. Sorry we will not get to see you.

yes it is sad, i don't get to meet many members and the opportunity to extend my gratitude. but come on over n enjoy that caribbean sun, many thanks.

Another vote for Vigie Beach and Castro. He took excellent care of us last month. Bathrooms and food/drink stands are available. When I was in the bathroom, a sudden rain shower popped up. Castro ran down and helped me darling wife get our belongings under cover.

many thanks tip, just putting out good in the world. one love

This is exactly what we are looking for - we will be there March 11th. Can't wait for some beautiful sand, warm water and cool drinks.

See you then!! Ken & Marg marken

This is exactly what we are looking for - we will be there March 11th. Can't wait for some beautiful sand, warm water and cool drinks.

See you then!! Ken & Marg marken

great, just ask your driver to take you to vigie beach. look out for my little sign boards, it should have your name on it. and im the one with the white strap chairs/ sunbeds.

best regards

Hey Castro,sounds like your beach is the one for us! Last year when we were at St. Lucia, I had no desire to come back. The cab drivers on the streets outside the cruise port were so pushy. We got back on the ship without even going to a beach. Now that I know there is a beach closeby, we would like to reserve 2 chairs on Feb. 20. We will be on Grandeur also.

Sorry not to meet you that day.

Cheers,

Susan

Hey Castro,sounds like your beach is the one for us! Last year when we were at St. Lucia, I had no desire to come back. The cab drivers on the streets outside the cruise port were so pushy. We got back on the ship without even going to a beach. Now that I know there is a beach closeby, we would like to reserve 2 chairs on Feb. 20. We will be on Grandeur also.

Sorry not to meet you that day.

Cheers,

Susan

thanks susan. yeaa i know dont get to meet to many of my cc friends, but i wll have a spot for you; just look out for the guy with the white strap chars. till then.

best regards

We will there February 20th on the Grandeur of the Seas You mentioned a current. Is there an undertow?

It is easy to get in the water. We will be arriving early in the morning

Sherrill & David Smith

Castro can you reserve 2 chairs we will be there fairly early in the morning

Thanks Sherrill Smith

:):)

Great photos Castro1n3 !!

Count us in - we'll be there (the two of us) on April 1st.

Looks like a nice relaxing place.

Don't forget us !!!