Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

harleylover

Anchor and Tender location in Moorea

Can anyone give me some info regarding which bay the TP anchors near and where the tenders come into in Moorea? I am trying to find out how close we will be to the Moorea Pearl Resort. Would like to find out if it would be possible to take some luggage off the TP in advance as we have a 3 day post cruise stay.

Thanks!

The Tahitian Princess anchors in Opunohu Bay and tenders to Papetoai, just west of the mouth of the bay. If you're renting a car or hiring a taxi, no problem in dropping things off at the Moorea Pearl. The Pearl is NOT in walking distance however ... it is about 10 miles east of the tender spot, on the other side of Cook's Bay.

We stayed at the Pearl for three days after our cruise in September. Absolutely loved it! The snorkeling off our deluxe OWB was excellent, and there were restaurants and shops within short walking distance (mostly to the west). Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Ira

Thank you, Oregonian, that is what we were wondering...looks like we will check in to renting a car. We also have an deluxe OWB at the Pearl and are looking forward to snorkeling off our deck. Any restaurants you can recommend?

We are from Central Oregon and with the weather we are having today....snow...this trip can't come too soon!!

Amazing how many people on this board seem to be from Oregon. I just lent our TP Patters and menus to folks from Oregon City who posted it on their website for all to reference. We live in Beaverton ... no snow here.

We went to the market in town and bought bread, cheese and fruit and had this (with coffee) in our room every morning instead of spending a fortune for breakfast at the hotel. The hotel bar was good for lunches ... good salads, hamburgers and pasta. We only ate dinner out one evening, at Le Sud ... excellent and HUGE paella. They also have pizzas (to go). There are other restaurants nearby which get good reviews (Mahogany is one, if I recall correctly). One night, we stopped at the roulottes in town (like our roach coaches) and bought a whole rotisserie chicken for only $10 which we took back to the room and had for dinner.

Ira

Sometimes they anchor at cooks bay in Moorea. Your port info that will be in your stateroom will state that it could be either bay. We have docked twice at cooks bay and once at the other one.

Good info! I'm not from Oregon but I have relatives in the Eugene/Springfield area that I visit frequently. My wife and I are on the TP Dec. 20th sailing and will be spending the last night (the 30th) in a Pearl premium OWB. For the price I expect it will be nice! Got to do it at least once!

we're from Oregon too, in Salem. we used to live in Aloha.

first time we were there we tendered into Cooks and the secont time Opanohu. I wonder why they trade off? I liked Opanohu better, there was some nice pearl jewelry on the dock.

oregonian, where did the folks from Oregon City post the TP menu, and TP Patters? My husband would love to see them.

oregonian, where did the folks from Oregon City post the TP menu, and TP Patters? My husband would love to see them.

The bay depends on whether there is more than one ship "in town". If the Paul Gauguin and the Tahitian Princess (or some other Princess) are both there, then they each pick a bay--not sure how they decide. You are definitely closer to the Pearl in Cook's, but as was pointed out, you could not walk there. Remember, it's hot. You might be able to get a cab.

The bay depends on whether there is more than one ship "in town". If the Paul Gauguin and the Tahitian Princess (or some other Princess) are both there, then they each pick a bay--not sure how they decide. You are definitely closer to the Pearl in Cook's, but as was pointed out, you could not walk there. Remember, it's hot. You might be able to get a cab.