Longest Booked Cruise

Jamericannn

Got one booked for summer 2018 (not on Carnival). I try to stay under two years out because that's about as far out as you can get comprehensive trip insurance that includes waivers for preexisting conditions.

Depending on the cruise line and itinerary, there is often far greater value to booking immediately when itinerary is announced.

Many policies will include a pre-existing condition waiver if the insurance is purchased within two weeks of the initial trip payment. (However purchasing the insurance that far from the trip itself may result in a lower premium. The insurance we purchased for our NCL Gem cruise would have been almost twice as much had we purchased the policy closer to the sail date.)

Edited by sparks1093

Have two booked. One is 382 days away, the other is 747 days away.

Waiting for a sale on Black Friday or Cyber Monday to book a short 5 day out of Charleston in March of 2017 to tide us over.

747?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. That's a long wait. lol. I did not know they do Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales too. Now you got me thinking.

Our cruise on the Fantasy in 2017 was booked something like 479 days out. We hadn't even taken our 2016 cruise yet, but we saw the itinerary that had Costa Maya on it, so we went ahead and booked it. We were also able to take advantage of the $50 deposits.

747?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. That's a long wait. lol. I did not know they do Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales too. Now you got me thinking.

Yes, it's a 14 day round trip Panama Canal out of Tampa. Hubby has been wanting to do this one a long time, and with the 50% reduced deposit last week, we jumped on it! lol

The other one is a 15 day Hawaii from Long Beach. Gotta book them in advance to pay for them, and get the cabins we want!

Hoping to score one in March 2017 on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Fingers crossed they have a sale.

Longest: 620 days

Shortest: 93 days

I would love to book on 620 days out and take a bunch inbetween but I'm afraid the budget doesn't allow for that.

Our shortest was 5 days.

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!