Complimentary Wines

eliana

Not sure if this still holds true, but when we were on board....there was always a 'white' and 'red' served during lunch/dinner. I encountered a few times during 29 days, where I just did not like the option being served, and politely asked if there might be another choice. Each time, that request was accommodated - without any issue. So I will keep that in mind on our cruise next year should it occur.

I am not a beer drinker, however my DH enjoyed some during some lunches. Ther were a couple decent options on tap, one light and I believe one darker.....not sure the details on that but it was a European Beer.....

Thanks Chartrav. I am a bit concerned as I cannot drink Cabernet Sauvignon and what happens if that is the house red and I don't want white or rose. Do I have to buy a red that I like or go without for the whole cruise. Maybe Vineyard View is right and they would have alternative 'house' wines. In other words are there varieties of house wines in each colour and at each meal.

Edited by eliana

As you can take your own bottle of wine etc on board, and have it served without corkage, maybe that is your answer. I do not like chardonnay very much so have been thinking of taking something on board.

We brought some wines with us and picked some up in ports, however our next cruise will not have good wine buying options on the itinerary, so I will probably check directly with Viking to see if they will offer more than one choice if asked....it wasn't a problem last year on maiden voyage. Hoping that remains the case. I truly found that Viking really does try to accommodate you in every way that they are able to, so I would be surprised if this isn't still a possibility.

Thanks Chartrav. I am a bit concerned as I cannot drink Cabernet Sauvignon and what happens if that is the house red and I don't want white or rose. Do I have to buy a red that I like or go without for the whole cruise. Maybe Vineyard View is right and they would have alternative 'house' wines. In other words are there varieties of house wines in each colour and at each meal.

You can try the approach of asking with the most innocent face (doe eyes too perhaps) if that really is all they have? Might there not be something else? It might work. They may also offer you the option of bringing you exactly what you want but for a charge. I know for a fact that the wine selection at their bars is really good. Or, as others have said, BYOW to the table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, l'll certainly try that . I note that in Penthouse cabins and suites the mini-bar is replenished every day with soft and alcoholic drinks. Does this include wine, and if so is there a choice?

eliana, I can answer your first question, but don't know the answer to the second. Yes, Viking does include wine, if requested, in the Explorer Suites and Jr. Penthouse Suites in stocking the mini-bars. We made room for the large (750 ml?) bottle by having the steward remove the beer. We did have a choice of white or red, but I don't know if we were able to choose a particular variety.

I was also told that if you have the silver spirit beverage package then they supply your mini frig with liquor.

Really? How generous of Viking, as I have never heard of that being offered on other cruise lines.

We are in a DV and don't get alcohol included in our mini fridge, so that would be another advantage of buying the Silver Spirit package.

Really? How generous of Viking, as I have never heard of that being offered on other cruise lines.

We are in a DV and don't get alcohol included in our mini fridge, so that would be another advantage of buying the Silver Spirit package.

This was the info given to me by Viking when I booked the South American cruise veranda for feb 2018. I specifically asked if I purchased the silver spirit package, would I get the sofa and liquor refreshed on a daily basis, didn't care about snacks

• 2 weeks later...