A Very Fond WELCOME BACK COTTON

MrPete

Iam posting this from orlando so i can catch some football this weekend at the raddison celebration great property and pretty cheap with 2 pools and hot tubs #1 because my phone service and internet and tv are down and we just got back power on thursday night after 10 days with no power can be very challenging....the roads had no traffic lights for days it takes an hour to drive across town now because every intersection is a 4 way stop and all the trees here in south florida took a slashing but we are all coming along slowly and hope to get back to normal soon hope is always near for all .........but i guess for cotton your from n.o. la and iam glad we didnt get the water you did dear have a good one...Andy

Thx, y'all. Yes, I'm back, and I really need this diversion. I won't dwell on my problems, and I won't mention anything again after this one time...

...but briefly - I'm temporarily living in a FEMA trailer, and am very pleased and grateful to have a place to live, although it is quite a culture shock. Everybody around me is in the same position, and it's so sad. We're all trying to pull together here and live one day at a time. The coast is made up of some fine folks - a lot of us "steel magnolias". I'm doing ok. (We ALL appreciate all the donations so many folks have sent to our area and my hometown of N.O.)

;) In order to make this a cruise-worthy post and keep within the guidelines:

My son sent me to L.A., and DD and I took a short Baja cruise. It was a joy to be back on Catalina Island, and Ensenada was nice, but the best time was the sea day. Sooo relaxing. Just what I needed.

Again, thx for the welcome back. I'm so ready to jump back in with y'all! I've missed being here.

Great to see you, Cotton. As I said in the other thread, you've been in my thoughts every single day. I've always felt like we're neighbors, in a way, but Katrina has given us even more in common, hasn't it? I am anxiously awaiting the re-opening of Gumbo Shop and would love to treat you to lunch if you care to make the drive into NOLA :-)

Susan

Welcome back, Cotton!:) I've missed hearing from you! Glad to know that your family was safe, and that you are maintaining a positive attitude through this "not so fun" time in your life!! My parents live in Gulf Shores, Alabama and with "Ivan", I know exactly what you are going through. Glad to see you back on the boards!!

Welcome back Cotton, thought for sure you would have wrangled yourself a spot on the Holiday. :D

Exactly what I was thinking, big_duck. :D

I fully expected Cotton's opening line on her first returning thread to start with, "Y'all aren't gonna believe this, but . . . . " :D

So glad you're back, Cotton. Hope all continues to improve with every passing day. You truly are a "steel magnolia". :)

"Whatever doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger" . . . Nietzche

Archived