Liberty of the Seas Review - 11/13-20 2016

We didn't particularly care for him (them as far as that goes...) but in the grand scheme of things we don't cruise for the cruise director and as most of our sailings have been on more premium cruise lines the cruise directors tend to be a little more subdued. As a result, when those on the more mainstream lines tend to do their typical mainstream cruise line cruise director routine we usually just tune it out as it's usually just a bunch of noise.

There are times and some cruises where the cruise director has been a big part of the cruise... this was not one of those times.

• 1 month later...
I've seen numerous posts of people wanting to be sure he was on their cruise, DW and I could really care less about who is the Cruise or Activities Director. We go more for R&R and don't get caught up in all the games, trivia or sales but others do, so as as they say, whatever floats your boat.

Sailed with them on the Enchantment a few years ago. Smaller ship and older crowd. He was good . Loved the tribute he did on Neil Diamond.

Thanks for the review!

We are sailing in two weeks and will be in the Ben & Jerry Sweet. Would you be able to post a pic of the welcome letter that was in your cabin explaining what perks you got?

Also, what night was the 70's night? Were there any other theme night?

Thanks again!!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

About the new cruise director, John and Katrina Blair. We were on the Enchantment a few years ago. They had been on that ship for years. It was a small older crowd, medium age at least 75 yo (at our dining table we were the youngest by at least 30 years). Think of Dirty Dancing without the Dirty Dancing; slow orchestra type music and activities. He had to find things for them to do; like the Quest was in the Viking Crown and it was only 30 minutes long and very watered down. No activities were posted after 9:00 pm. They were the main entertainment on board. He did a great job, one of the best in my opinion, with the 70s night (wears a Saturday Night suit). He also did a good tribute to Neil Diamond. It will be interesting to see how they do on a larger ship and with a younger audience. Any way husband and I cruise for the ship and ports not particularly the cruise director.