Wrong CC status on Xpress Pass

FeelingCruisy

We achieved ELITE plus after our last cruise.

That cruise ended on November 2nd this year. We got our points for that cruise after 5 days and our status officially changed on Nov 7th.

We are sailing on another cruise on Dec 11. We got our cruise documents for that cruise on Oct 31. In there, it says we are ELITE members. I understand that. We are still ELITE at the time the docs was issued.

However, last night (Nov 25) when I did my online check-in, my Xpress Pass still show ELITE.

I called my travel agent and she said I should contact Captain Club. I called CC and I'm getting "it's PROBABLY a misprint" He double checked that we are ELITE plus (I could've done that myself) and he says that as long as we are ELITE plus on the CC record, we should PROBABLY get the ELITE plus status while on ship. I really don't feel comfortable with his answer. I would hate to lose my added perks if they screw up. I don't know what else to do. Anyone experience something similar or have any advice? Thanks.

That cruise ended on November 2nd this year. We got our points for that cruise after 5 days and our status officially changed on Nov 7th.

We are sailing on another cruise on Dec 11. We got our cruise documents for that cruise on Oct 31. In there, it says we are ELITE members. I understand that. We are still ELITE at the time the docs was issued.

However, last night (Nov 25) when I did my online check-in, my Xpress Pass still show ELITE.

I called my travel agent and she said I should contact Captain Club. I called CC and I'm getting "it's PROBABLY a misprint" He double checked that we are ELITE plus (I could've done that myself) and he says that as long as we are ELITE plus on the CC record, we should PROBABLY get the ELITE plus status while on ship. I really don't feel comfortable with his answer. I would hate to lose my added perks if they screw up. I don't know what else to do. Anyone experience something similar or have any advice? Thanks.

Firstly I would contact Captains Club back (or get your TA to do it) and ask them again to amend your documents. Different person often results in a different response!

If they genuinely cannot change the documents ask Captains Club to email you a memo confirming your status and the error on the documents and to forward it to the Captains Club host on the ship...

Then take your cruise history with you and a copy of the email from Captains Club then if there are issues after boarding the Captains Club host should be able to sort things there and then....

I know this may sound a bit over documented but we have frequently had issues with OBC....Always have received it eventually but it could take days, now we always take hard copy documents and email confirmation with us, saves a lot of time, we no longer discuss the issue with customer service we just present them with the evidence!

Our Xpress pass also has the wrong level on. It says that we are Select. On our cruise last December we reached Elite level. I rang but from Australia there didn't seem to be a dedicated Captains Club number. I did finally get through to someone that could help and she said that we only had 200 or so points. We have 414. She said that like usual there was a computer glitch. She said that when we get to the port they will sort it out. If they don't I suppose being lucky enough to access to the Michael Club host we can get it sorted out on board. I have taken a screen capture of our points to take with us to make sure its done.

It's very easy to check your status online. Log into your Captain's Club account via the website (register if you need to) and it will show your status and how many points you have. In addition you can call up your sailing history if you click on Captain's Club on the line above your status and points and it brings up a link for that. It might be they hadn't recorded your latest cruise.

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I wouldn't worry about it. If your online account is showing the correct level you'll get the correct status benefits on the ship regardless of how you documents print out. And if you do have a problem, simply go to the Captain's Club host on board and he/she will be able to rectify the issue.

Because I am so anal, I would do a screen print of the web page showing your cruise credits and E+ status and take it with you, and see the Captain's Club host as soon as possible.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Yes, this is very important! Also , take your paperwork...I had this happen with OBC from my TA and it took almost a week on the cruise to get fixed. Thank goodness I had all my information with me...probably...is not a good answer verbally or in writing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Thanks everyone for your advise. Just to be on the safe side, and not having to run around getting us up to the right level while on the ship, I'll call CC again to see if they can fix it, if not, request them send me a confirmation saying there's a misprint in the Xpress Pass and that we are indeed currently on the Elite plus level. Also print out my cruise history. Thanks again everyone.. what will I do without this site!!

Thanks everyone for your advise. Just to be on the safe side, and not having to run around getting us up to the right level while on the ship, I'll call CC again to see if they can fix it, if not, request them send me a confirmation saying there's a misprint in the Xpress Pass and that we are indeed currently on the Elite plus level. Also print out my cruise history. Thanks again everyone.. what will I do without this site!!

Can you report back when you return from your December cruise?

We may have the same problem but with Royal Caribbean. At the conclusion of our December cruise, we will become Diamond Plus. We have a cruise 12 days later in January where we should be Diamond Plus. It usually takes around 7-10 days to reflect the change on the Royal Caribbean website and we only have 12 days between cruises. I have already done the online check-in for both the Dec. & Jan. cruises, and of course it shows us as Diamond. I can try printing out the Set Sail pass again, but due to proximity of cruises, it will probably still say Diamond.

To be proactive, I'm going to look for the Crown & Anchor host/hostess on the Dec. cruise and ask for advice; unfortunately, the hosts/hostesses are not as readily available as the Captain's Club host/hostess are on Celebrity cruises. I may call the Crown & Anchor desk after the Dec. cruise too, follow the advice here, and of course monitor the website for the change.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned with what the Xpress Pass has printed on it. Once you check in, look at your seapass cards. Elite Plus should be printed in the upper right-hand corner. If it's not, go to Guest Relations and they will resolve it for you and print out replacement cards. They are in constant communications with Miami to resolve issues like this.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned with what the Xpress Pass has printed on it. Once you check in, look at your seapass cards. Elite Plus should be printed in the upper right-hand corner. If it's not, go to Guest Relations and they will resolve it for you and print out replacement cards. They are in constant communications with Miami to resolve issues like this.

I do not know about Celebrity, but my experience on other cruise lines is that the documentation reflects your status at the time you made the booking.

It is necessary to call the cruise company to update the status on your reservation once your status has changed.

Odd that anyone thinks a screenshot of anything is going to help resolve something like this. You could take a PDF of your pass and add the words "Revered Duchess of Greece" on it, and it's not going to mean anything to anyone. Same with these Captain's Club levels that print out. They go by what the computer tells them to go by. All the screenshots in the world will not change what the computer records show. If those are incorrect (and in this case, it sounds like they aren't if the correct status is showing online), then it will be escalated to the right department at the time it becomes a real issue. I suspect this is a Celebrity website glitch more than an actual error assuming everyone at Celebrity can see the correct status in their records, too.

After a few back and forth, it was straightened out somewhat. So now it's printing E.Plus on our Xpress Pass but our cruise document still doesn't show pass.. At least with this, life will be easier to straighten out if we end up without plus while on ship.

It's all, really, "much ado about nothing." I would stop making a "meal" out of this. It's easily taken care of when you get on the ship.

It's all, really, "much ado about nothing." I would stop making a "meal" out of this. It's easily taken care of when you get on the ship.

To personally attack me for following up on my post (and another had wanted an update) is quite unnecessary. In line with your multiple quotes, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything"

To personally attack me for following up on my post (and another had wanted an update) is quite unnecessary. In line with your multiple quotes, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything"

Sorry. Not a personal attack at all -- I was just stating that you are really overthinking this non-issue. :)

After a few back and forth, it was straightened out somewhat. So now it's printing E.Plus on our Xpress Pass but our cruise document still doesn't show pass.. At least with this, life will be easier to straighten out if we end up without plus while on ship.

Thank you for your update. I appreciate it.

I disagree... from past experience, it is best to have all the proof with you.

One example: On one cruise, the alc package did not get noted for many passengers. Long lines at Guest Relations. Those of us with proof were immediately issued new cards and it worked immediately. Glad we had ALL our paerwork with us so we were okay.

Those without proof had to sign and run a drink tab while Guest Rel checked with shoreside to confirm..That took a few days. Then they needed to issue new cards and had their accounts adjusted ..pain in the neck.

And E + does have diff benefits..esp the internet minutes.Glad OP got it corrected .

In our experience we much prefer to sort out these anomalies before boarding or at least board with all 'evidence' printed and ready! Yes, things can be sorted on board but who wants to waste cruise time in discussions?

Feeling Cruisy, have a great cruise!