Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cydspal

Help!! 5/29 Diamond going or not?

Please...anyone with the inside story (perhaps even current cruisers on board now) PLEASE let us know anything about the status of the 5/29 Diamond...if she cancels and goes into drydock how does one fix this with time off from work, non-refundable airfare, deposits on excursions and 4 broken hearts...current posts represents that the 5/22 Diamond is not going to Juneau and Victoria..yikes... icon_frown.gif

I would assume Princess would offer you the pay back of the cruise. Not sure about the airline; I hope everything goes o.k. with you. I really do hope your trip is still going but it sure does not look very good.

Marilyn

Hope things work out for those on the 5/29 Diamond cruise. We were recently on a cancelled NCL cruise and were not impressed with how NCL handled it. If yours has to be cancelled, I'll be hoping for you that Princess does a much better job.

I hope they dont cancel the 5/29 cruise, because I'm on the 6/12 cruise...I wonder how long it would take to repair the damage?

Scandinavian Sun

Emerald Seas

Island Princess

Seaward

Norway

Westward

Sensation

Facsination

Majesty of the Seas

Dawn Princess

Inspiration

Norwegian Dream

Norwegian Sun

Grandeur of the Seas (June 2002)

Carnival Paradise (Sept 2002)

Grand Princess (June 2003)

Disney Magic (Sept 2003)

Diamond Princess (June 2004)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess Here We Come!

I just called Princess (11am Eastern) and they have no information yet... we will keep trying...think positive... icon_smile.gif

If I recall, the people who were cancelled from the Coral Princess when it was postponed at a late date made out quite well. Of course, not everyone will be satisfied. Hopefully the ship will stay in service. The damage can't be too bad if the ship was allowed to stay in service.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

cydspal,

We got the same story from Princess. Lets keep in touch.

Scott

Commodore 1998,1999

Triumph 2000,2001

Inspiration 2002

Pride 05/31/03

Diamond Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;5;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I just called again (4pm) and they said the problem was fixed??? Really???

Until the announcement comes from Princess, this will make you CRAZY!!!! get some valium or have a few stiff drinks. icon_cool.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

I think you are right...the girl at Princess said that they were just travel reps for Princess and that I would need to "speak with Princess Corporate on Monday"....think positive...

i called a couple of hours ago and they also told it was fixed, but i sure didn't want to be the first one to say that. they told me they fixed everything last night before she sailed at 3:00 a.m.

dave and gerry

Everyone who posts on this board is thinking positive, keeping fingers and toes crossed, wishing, hoping, and praying that your cruise won't be cancelled. It is just the waiting that will do you in. Stay above it!! icon_cool.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

If it was fixed last night are the missed ports this week just because of the late departure? That may explain Juneau, but why Victoria? Was there dock damage there? Maybe ship has to maintain slower speed to prove 'seaworthiness' of repairs?

Maybe they don't want to go back into Victoria again until they are sure they have mastered whatever problem they had there Friday...?

Posted by Cruise News Daily this afternoon:

Cool Cruiser

posted 05-23-04 07:27 PM

According to Julie Benson, Princess' director of public releations, the damage to Diamond Princess' starboard prop was limited to scratches on the tips of the blades, which divers ground down prior to the ship leaving Seattle. The ship is cruising near normal speed at 20 knots, and there is no reason to believe that the ship would need to be taken out of service for any further repairs.

"We are definitely not canceling canceling any cruises," Benson told Cruise News Daily Sunday afternoon.

The Cruise News Daily website will be updated as further details become available.

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/

Ann

Until Golden Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

[This message was edited by auntieann on 05-23-04 at 08:44 PM.]

Oh darn, there's a bit of reality interfering with people's love of indulging in paranoid delusions.

LargerGrumpyBear.gif

Run for your lives; it's a grumpily pedantic bear.

Matsonia 6/59

Silver Cloud 12/00

Harmony 5/01

Silver Whisper 9/01

Ecstasy 12/01

Deutschland 7/02

Silver Shadow 11/02

Royal Clipper 4-5/03

Silver Wind 12/03-1/04

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=08>

<param name="day" value=07>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

until Inside Passage on Cruise West's Spirit of Discovery.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=08>

<param name="day" value=27>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

until Svalbard Circumnavigation on Akademik Vavilov.