If you want College Football, NASCAR, choose another line!

I experienced all this on the Escape last September. Though they did have the CBS and ESPN feeds for the NFL, they somehow couldn't get any feeds while still ported in Miami until 7pm on Saturday for college football.

Word of advice for the OP.......if watching college football, having a drink and enjoying the sea laze by outside, sail Carnival. On the Conquest in November 2015, they had multiple college football games on in the sports bar. And in March of 2016 on the Glory, they showed every sweet 16 and Elite 8 NCAA basketball game at the same time.

What you are talking about is professional KICKBALL, the most BORING event ever televised.

Tried to watch "Football" once. Except most of what I saw was E.D. ads. Must be some sort of epidemic in the States.

Every once in a while, a bunch of ladies with 2 tons of padding on ran into each other for some reason.

If that is your taste, watch rugby. A sport played by men.

Edited by Cuervosar
Depends on how one defines #1. Of course more people are going to play it simply because of the ease and low cost of getting into the game. You need a ball of tape and a place to run around endlessly kicking the ball back and forth. It is teh #1 most boring game in the world. While it does have a VERY few exciting moments in a 1½ hour game (waaaaaaay too long), basically it is watching one guy kick a ball all the way down the field only to watch another guy kick it back ( or run it one way and back). The skill you have to have to play, 1) run, and 2) kick a round ball. Woo Hoo!

So you really know almost zero about football.

Almost like if I said ice hockey is a bunch of testosterone folks who use something that slides as an excuse to get in legal fights without cops showing up.

Frankly, I don't care if the sports bar is playing College Football, NFL Football, Real Football (;)), Hockey, Rugby, or even Curling.

It sure is a whole lot better than being stuck playing Trivia or Bingo!

Boys your enemy is not other sports fans, it's this guy!

bingo.jpg.f08705d4948f8e4c13abc7909dba4523.jpg

Edited by DirtyDawg
You miss the point. The point was that there were no choices. They call it a sports bar but they pick one event and put it on.

And while Soccer may be the most popular sport outside of the US, it is not the most popular sport in the US. The ship is docked in Miami, the majority of its guests are from the US or Canada. It would be wise to cater to their desires.

But again, the point to my post was that they advertise it as a sports bar and in the description for O'Sheehans it states that you can catch the game there with a beer. Nothing is farther from the truth. You will not see any different sport on there then you might catch on a TV at another bar (like I said, on Saturday they showed Playoff football on ALL the TV's at the bar.) You could not catch any NCAA basketball, any NHL hockey, and NBA basketball. It was not available at all.

I think you are forgetting you are on a ship. They aren't purposely trying to deny you. They show what they are able to show. Yes, all the TVs use the same satellites, so they all get the same sports. That's why O'Sheehan's doesn't have it's own dish hanging above the atrium. :rolleyes: Have you ever noticed that the cabin TVs only have a few channels? It's because it's all they get!

So you really know almost zero about football.

Almost like if I said ice hockey is a bunch of testosterone folks who use something that slides as an excuse to get in legal fights without cops showing up.

Don't confuse football with futbol.

They never said a sports bar where you get to pick what sports are shown. It is beyond me why anyone would enjoy watching a lame sport like college football where they pick their champion each year by a vote of people who don't even play the game, but a lot of people do like it for some stupid reason! :)

This is a bit off topic, but would love to have you come to Birmingham, AL and say that to a bunch of SEC football fans from U of AL. Roll Tide! (and Go Noles! from the ACC).:D

Depends on how one defines #1. Of course more people are going to play it simply because of the ease and low cost of getting into the game. You need a ball of tape and a place to run around endlessly kicking the ball back and forth. It is teh #1 most boring game in the world. While it does have a VERY few exciting moments in a 1½ hour game (waaaaaaay too long), basically it is watching one guy kick a ball all the way down the field only to watch another guy kick it back ( or run it one way and back). The skill you have to have to play, 1) run, and 2) kick a round ball. Woo Hoo!

Love this argument. Over a Billion people watched the World Cup final in 2014, and yet your Super Bore nets about 160 Million viewers and the American press go on and on about how popular "Football" is. And then you crown a "World Champion" when nobody else played. --Farce. (At least MLB has a token team or two in Canada when you crown that "World Champion."

Besides, how exciting can your championship be when half of those who are tuned in are there to see new commercials. Good god.

As far as Boring? When I watch a "Soccer" match, I get two uninterrupted 45 minute halves of action. Try to watch NFL? A 4 hour experience consisting of at least 2.5 hours of ads. And you get to see every play 3 times! I'll pass, and from what I'm reading, your game is dying anyway. Time to get out of the bubble, and open your eyes.

Edited by Cuervosar
Nah...The bottled water threads that seem to have disappeared are far more ridiculous.

I thought that the guy who said the ship's ketchup was a deal-breaker was tops until the need for a selection of bottled water appeared. That's tops so far.

Love this argument. Over a Billion people watched the World Cup final in 2014, and yet your Super Bore nets about 160 Million viewers and the American press go on and on about how popular "Football" is. And then you crown a "World Champion" when nobody else played. --Farce. (At least MLB has a token team or two in Canada when you crown that "World Champion."

Besides, how exciting can your championship be when half of those who are tuned in are there to see new commercials. Good god.

As far as Boring? When I watch a "Soccer" match, I get two uninterrupted 45 minute halves of action. Try to watch NFL? A 4 hour experience consisting of at least 2.5 hours of ads. And you get to see every play 3 times! I'll pass, and from what I'm reading, your game is dying anyway. Time to get out of the bubble, and open your eyes.

When an event the magnitude of the World Cup can be settled with a penalty-kick shootout after two scoreless overtime sessions-meaning 2 1/2 hours of a tie game-it loses all credibility. It's good exercise for kids but it's a LOUSY game.

Shoot, gotta run, Real Madrid Champions League starting in a few... To clarify, my favorite team is actually Sporting CP, but that game is not being televised in the US....

Edited by oteixeira
When an event the magnitude of the World Cup can be settled with a penalty-kick shootout after two scoreless overtime sessions-meaning 2 1/2 hours of a tie game-it loses all credibility. It's good exercise for kids but it's a LOUSY game.

It's funny how the fallback argument is always about how low scoring Soccer is. Perhaps we just need to award 7 points per goal to peak your interest?

No excitement in the game? Trust me, when a WC game goes to PK's, we are more than plenty interested in the outcome. And yet we still get bashed for low scoring, but a "No Hitter" in baseball is the equivalent of a sports masterpiece. Please.

BTW the 2014 WC final went to Germany in OT, 7-0 (American Scoring.) No PK's involved. (OT in soccer having no credibility, but in the NFL it is the height of excitement)

I really need to get back to Champions League action now, but one of the best things about "Soccer" to you and Football to me? it is utterly un-corrupted by American media. Still 45 minutes of non-stop action, no commercials, no huddles, no coaches standing of the field. Just players, figuring it out for themselves. Perhaps this is why the USA sucks at it.

It's funny how the fallback argument is always about how low scoring Soccer is. Perhaps we just need to award 7 points per goal to peak your interest?

Low scoring isn't a problem. Working as hard as they do and settling a World Cup with a penalty shootout is just lame.

On a side note: there is no way to pique my interest in kickball.

Two stories about shipboard sports TV:

Several years ago on the Explorer of the Seas, I dropped by the TV station and asked about broadcast of Va.Tech/Miami football game on Saturday night. Sure enough there it was.

Last March, on the Pearl, I asked the CD at the meet and greet if she could get March Madness games the following weekend. She explained some of the licensing issues were a problem, but come Thursday afternoon we had b'ball. They broadcast games throughout the weekend.

This is a bit off topic, but would love to have you come to Birmingham, AL and say that to a bunch of SEC football fans from U of AL. Roll Tide! (and Go Noles! from the ACC).:D
I think he'd be killed. Roll Tide!

And definitely off topic, I picked my upcoming cruise with the SEC championship game in mind. :)

I think he'd be killed. Roll Tide!

And definitely off topic, I picked my upcoming cruise with the SEC championship game in mind. :)

Yes! Not really off topic. Now we know NCL does not do some sports well. Plan your cruises accordingly if you can or cruise Carnival.

I could never get my husband to travel anywhere during the college playoff season if Alabama is in the running, IF he could not watch the game. We have taken many vacations during the holidays in the US. It is fun to watch your favorite team play while on vacation in a different place (snow skiing in the Rockies comes to mind) with friends and family.