Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

20 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, I want to see the wooden people in person. I think they will be placed in such a way to be striking, if not to everyone’s taste. If not to my taste, they will be great conversation pieces and good for directions, ie., turn right at the Blu ladies... Another cool thing to add to my list and to discover how many there are and where they are placed.  :classic_wink:

VT- there is a Blu man with them as well so maybe the direction might be Turn Right at the Blu Man Group!

On 11/11/2018 at 11:36 AM, Iamthesea said:

I did not get any replies before about opinions on the Blu chairs.  I found the photo and reposting.

Portovénéré Dom  32.jpg

They do look like basic  cheapo cafeteria seats,.,,but the  renditions showed much nicer seating...Maybe these are temps..hope so.  Will try to find older depiction to post.

Not happy with the see through  curtains being the main sep  of BLU from the public area,.rather than a real wall...BLU may be fading in our future,..bad location/ views, etc, plus staterooms with enclosed balc... If we do not care for BLU in January,  we'll find some  nice substitues for dinner and just use if for breakfast,,

Hoping it will be better in person once it is completed as it did look amazing in the ads!

Sorry, I  am apparently a bit late to the BLU chair party,... we made it to Fla , saw grandma on the East coast and now on the West coast...relaxing! Lovely here!

This is the BLU I am anticipating...and hopefully seated at  a table away from the curtain wall!

enhance-4.thumb.jpg.6c3b807bcb8f2ba7cb7e09d07223d236.jpg

Edited by hcat

On 11/11/2018 at 2:21 PM, beachbunny6 said:

In answer to your question, please look at the following photo... I think if you can try to see through the curtains, that the hard plastic chairs you are referring to are no longer in place in Blu - there are now some light-colored rounded chairs, which look as if they might be a lot more comfortable than the others.

image.png.65bba89640c414835e6364fe2f37a5df.png

To me, they look more like the ones in VT's post than Mcampo's, because the backs do not look like they have a pattern on the outside.  But with the curtains, it is rather difficult to be sure.  I like the theory that those hard white ones would be for the Blu outdoor area, which makes a lot of sense.  

Do the table just behind  this curtain overlook what will no doubt be a busy stairway???

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sorry, I  am apparently a bit late to the BLU chair party,... we made it to Fla , saw grandma on the East coast and now on the West coast...relaxing! Lovely here!

Welcome to my area!  Enjoy your stay!  I have tried to keep the weather Chamber-of-Commerce-beautiful for you!  

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

Welcome to my area!  Enjoy your stay!  I have tried to keep the weather Chamber-of-Commerce-beautiful for you!  

Thanks for a the warm welcome! Lots of  sunny Vit D .....

We are here for 3 weeks, then  home for a short stint , and then back down here for most of the time til end of March.  I "commute" back home every few weeks to check on things.,dh likes the snowbird life! All our cruise stuff is in the guest room..waiting for EDGE...

• Like 1

I looked through Xavier Veilhan's portfolio of art.  Some of his faceless people are created out of metal, some out of polyurethane and some out of wood. Here is a better known piece in NYC - "Jean-Marc:"

image.thumb.png.86946d8b4622be4de3d77fd649b9e506.png

He uses friends, family and colleagues as models for his sculptures. I wonder if he did Mr. Edge as well since I found this in his impressive portfolio of sculptures:

image.png.9f9a7dfa5ef4072bcf6a7359d171737e.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for a the warm welcome! Lots of  sunny Vit D .....

We are here for 3 weeks, then  home for a short stint , and then back down here for most of the time til end of March.  I "commute" back home every few weeks to check on things.,dh likes the snowbird life! All our cruise stuff is in the guest room..waiting for EDGE...

Forgive me, because I forgot, but which Edge voyages are you on?

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I looked through Xavier Veilhan's portfolio of art.  Some of his faceless people are created out of metal, some out of polyurethane and some out of wood. Here is a better known piece in NYC - "Jean-Marc:"

image.thumb.png.86946d8b4622be4de3d77fd649b9e506.png

He uses friends, family and colleagues as models for his sculptures. I wonder if he did Mr. Edge as well since I found this in his impressive portfolio of sculptures:

image.png.9f9a7dfa5ef4072bcf6a7359d171737e.png

MoMA would be a good place for it,...I like the horse 

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Jan 27..7 day..AQ

Nov 15 ,.ABC..SV

Gosh, too bad, because I am on the Jan 20, and we could have carpooled!  :classic_biggrin:  But, I guarantee that VT will help me keep our Edge in good condition for you.  At least we will try.  

1 minute ago, beachbunny6 said:

Gosh, too bad, because I am on the Jan 20, and we could have carpooled!  :classic_biggrin:  But, I guarantee that VT will help me keep our Edge in good condition for you.  At least we will try.  

We thought of adding the 20th at one point...

But the ABC was one of our favs

Anyhow, glad we got our bookings early on..prices high right now,,

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

We thought of adding the 20th at one point...

But the ABC was one of our favs

Anyhow, glad we got our bookings early on..prices high right now,,

Gotta ask... since I have no clue... what is an "ABC?"  And, you certainly are right about the current prices, especially on Edge.