Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

6 hours ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

wow, anyone else notice how high the ceilings are in oceanview? that's awesome.

Definitely looks light and bright.. like a  modern mall food court but hopefully better food!

We only visit a few times during a cruise but this looks quite appealing! Hope the flow is good...the SCOOPs counter looks small

9 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

They have pushed back her arrival into Freeport to 0900 this morning.  I believe she wants to make a grand entrance when everyone has had their morning coffee and is wide awake to see her!

Do you have a webcam link?

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Do you have a webcam link?

All I can find is a map, not an actual webcam, although it is listed as one.  I saw on one site that there are no webcams in the city of Freeport.  Go figure, huh?  There are only two I found on the island, one for a dolphin swim which is currently offline, and one at a hotel pool. 

Here is the link for the map of the port:

http://www.*****/cruise-port-tracker/caribbean/freeport-bahamas.php

Edited by beachbunny6

3 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

All I can find is a map, not an actual webcam, although it is listed as one.  I saw on one site that there are no webcams in the city of Freeport.  Go figure, huh?  There are only two I found on the island, one for a dolphin swim which is currently offline, and one at a hotel pool. 

Yes, I got sick of watching the dolphins....😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

-----------------------

With those high ceilings, the whole matter might seem a little more spacious and, with that, somewhat more... Well... Relaxed overall. Sorry for being unclear, massive headache today.

n - you were clear, please feel better and soon!

bon voyage

• Like 1

You're most likely right, MVP.  Maybe they will try to corral all the little guys in that area to give Edge room to dock.

I watch sail-aways on the PE webcams, and that intercoastal waterway/Stranahan River area gets very crowded with small boats, who seem to have no clue how to stay out of the way of cruise ships.  Inviting even more of them to be there for Edge's first arrival seems like a disaster waiting to happen, and a complete nightmare for the Ft. Lauderdale police boats, Coast Guard and FWP, not to mention the pilot, who must oversee the whole thing.  You also have to factor in the Fire boats who will be there for the water salute.  IMHO this is the making of a cluster **** ... :classic_wacko:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

You're most likely right, MVP.  Maybe they will try to corral all the little guys in that area to give Edge room to dock.

I watch sail-aways on the PE webcams, and that intercoastal waterway/Stranahan River area gets very crowded with small boats, who seem to have no clue how to stay out of the way of cruise ships.  Inviting even more of them to be there for Edge's first arrival seems like a disaster waiting to happen, and a complete nightmare for the Ft. Lauderdale police boats, Coast Guard and FWP, not to mention the pilot, who must oversee the whole thing.  You also have to factor in the Fire boats who will be there for the water salute.  IMHO this is the making of a cluster **** ... :classic_wacko:

It most likely will be pulled off without incident, maybe a few close calls, nothing major!

Just think of the TV coverage.. just great shots from the air as well as from shore...

bon voyage

I have booked a boat tour with Carrie B Cruises for Nov 24th after we fly in (cruise is next day). It will take us right into the port and we should get some good pictures of the Edge. There are openings for the 11:00 AM tour on the 19th. You wouldn't see her arrive, but would be there soon after.

"Proceeding south through the 17th Street Causeway Bridge, we officially enter Port Everglades. On a busy day we will be rewarded with unparalleled views of some of the largest cruise ships in the world (pictured right). It's no secret this port is the winter home to one of the world's largest ocean liners, Cunard Line’s Queen Mary 2 as well as Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas. The Carrie B offers the best viewing of these grand ships when they are in port.

Port Everglades set the record for the most cruise ships in port on a single day, then later broke this record on three different occasions. Cruise ship aficionados appreciate our in depth coverage of this fast paced industry. We routinely host passengers from the ships you will see in the port. Want to know more about a particular cruise? Ask the person sitting next to you, they might have just stepped off the ship."

image.png.78dc781cd02c8c8bbbf73a07e188ef2c.png

Edited by vtcruising

12 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Maybe we could hijack the water taxi boat?  

Just as I was typing my previous response, I was thinking of the water taxi, haven't been on it in years-not since before I lived here!  I guess I'll have to keep my welcome land based.

15 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I have booked a boat tour with Carrie B Cruises for Nov 24th after we fly in (cruise is next day). It will take us right into the port and we should get some good pictures of the Edge. There are openings for the 11:00 AM tour on the 19th. You wouldn't see her arrive, but would be there soon after.

"Proceeding south through the 17th Street Causeway Bridge, we officially enter Port Everglades. On a busy day we will be rewarded with unparalleled views of some of the largest cruise ships in the world (pictured right). It's no secret this port is the winter home to one of the world's largest ocean liners, Cunard Line’s Queen Mary 2 as well as Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas. The Carrie B offers the best viewing of these grand ships when they are in port.

Port Everglades set the record for the most cruise ships in port on a single day, then later broke this record on three different occasions. Cruise ship aficionados appreciate our in depth coverage of this fast paced industry. We routinely host passengers from the ships you will see in the port. Want to know more about a particular cruise? Ask the person sitting next to you, they might have just stepped off the ship."

I think they should schedule a special outing on the 19th at, say, 8:30AM, so they could be in the thick of things when she comes in through the channel.  Yeah!  VT, you need to let them know, then you can fly down join us for this monumental event!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

"With those high ceilings, the whole matter might seem a little more spacious and, with that, somewhat more... Well... Relaxed overall. Sorry for being unclear, massive headache today."

We were recently on the fairly new Holland America Koningsdam and the one thing I really noticed was how low the ceilings were everywhere and how much more closed in the ship felt.  Love the higher ceilings as it gives a nice airy feeling.

Edited by blueboro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Just as I was typing my previous response, I was thinking of the water taxi, haven't been on it in years-not since before I lived here!  I guess I'll have to keep my welcome land based.

Shucks, could have towed my trailered boat down to PE and done the welcome, except for an appointment.

RE: the stern shot earlier, the wake thrown off the Edge is so small.  Better than the S Class.  Some sophisticated design going on in the hull design.  

20 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

Shucks, could have towed my trailered boat down to PE and done the welcome, except for an appointment.

We all could have pitched in for gas/fuel for your boat.  Don't you think maybe you could change that appointment in the name of a really good cause?  (Sorry - just kidding.  I know if it was possible to change it, you would already be working on it. ) :classic_wink:

VT, something else to add to your list of things to checkout. I know that the Oasis had a plug for cpap...under the bed. I wonder if they have done something like that on Edge. This would avoid a tripping hazard. 

Ship is looking good. Can't wait.