Cruise Critic Community
Lloyd555

Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

She looks lovely in the beautiful Caribbean waters!  😊

image.png.ec943a37dfbf3ef6e5fd5e66b7064271.png

Thats a beautiful shot. Her blue hull looks great in the turquoise blue Caribbean Sea. Notice her reflection on the glass (left side) on the ship were the the photo appears to be taken from.

Just now, Tall-Cruiser said:

Thats a beautiful shot. Her blue hull looks great in the turquoise blue Caribbean Sea. Notice her reflection on the glass (left side) on the ship were the the photo appears to be taken from.

Oh, I missed the reflection on the other ship, but saw the MC reflected very clearly in the water. 😊

55 minutes ago, Getty123 said:

Bo, I agree with you as South Florida is packed with crazy boaters

hopefully we can see it on tv

The Coast Guard keeps everyone away. No one will get very close. They may be there but it will be organized and monitored chaos. 

15 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I hope your headache is better.  Have you tried a suite on Celebrity?  It is pretty relaxing to have breakfast in Luminae.  It might be less expensive than going for a small luxury line but of course it is your buying choice.

Thank you, head is fine today :classic_smile:

I usually cruise solo, and Celebrity does not like solo travelers too much. At least that is what their pricing tells me.

So, a suite is far from any plausibility for a solo traveler on Celebrity whilst Silversea had offered me their suites with about next to no surcharge (in a personal phone call with their London bureau, I have to mention). I just did not go because I do not like their old ships.

Once I turn 50 and discover my first grey hair, I might fall for small luxury ships instead of Celebrity.

But well, nowadays Silversea is part of the family, and I wonder if they will still give out such offers in 2-3 years.

7 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Enjoy your time here. :classic_biggrin:

I'm not a hot tub person, but the Martini Glass even looks good to me!

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I'm not a hot tub person, but the Martini Glass even looks good to me!

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

Enjoy your time here. :classic_biggrin:

46420081_749455502066993_4333218893213466624_o.jpg

Too sunny for me!  

Lloyd, thank you for the amazing photos. The unique vantage point offered from the martini glass hot tub is really captured well there. I am impressed with the skill and creativity of the ship designers and builders who brought that feature to reality. Just a few years ago cantilevered hot tubs seen on Royal Caribbean ships were thought to be a "wow" factor. Kudos to the team who created something equally if not more impressive.

Lloyd555, thanks you for that photo of The Edge Villa, (Amazon Villa) maybe one day in the future planning. 

Lloyd - Thanks for the photo updates. The pool and hot tubs look good (and peaceful and quiet  there for now). The hot tubs even look better at night with the different lights. And the Edge Villa, just nice.

Now if you can just get some photos of the Sky Suites that would be great 😊

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, vtcruising said:

I’m wondering if they will have chair covers. This is a rendition:

382A986C-BA63-40F0-95FB-85343611E8DC.jpeg.f3255d967ac0d256d0629fbba2eccd99.jpeg

have my own padding

Yes, preferably a aft sky suite. we are in 11269 next year and we have been checking the pic's for possible S1 aft sky suite pics. We were made aware that the Edge aft sky suites don't have the wrap around balcony and the big side porthole window that Reflection has, only after we already booked it, but cautiously optimistic that the suite itself it will blow us away in other extras that will easily compensate. The amenities are awesome too!!  

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Too sunny for me!  

And  the martini glass is  too high up for me!  But is looks nice.....hope they do not allow children or young teens  in there.,.too dangerous

Edited by hcat