Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Lloyd555

Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Good morning Edge!

625C1A60-36C5-464E-9245-05E7ECC4FFEB.jpeg

 

 

I wonder if they will leave the pool chairs in this RELATIVELY relaxed order, or if, in real everyday cruising, they will add some dozens of pool chairs to them to maximize guests pool expenses... 

This photo looks astonishingly relaxed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bertram4me said:

Thank you Lloyd, VT and everyone else that contributed to this thread since its inception. It has been truly a pleasure. Now that Edge is ready for service, I'll confirm when I board on 11/27, it's time for me to begin following the Apex build.

Bon voyage!

Hope to see you on the 27th! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think those murals are on one of the two outside decks of Eden. Amazing!  Here is a video.

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqa-exsF2oa/

 

 

 

image.thumb.png.e8063477ad94cdfaaaa95256ba893280.png

 

Thanks for the link...someplace in the text it says..Nicaraguan artist????

Perfect for the EDEN area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the astronauts orbiting around the planet earth will be able to identify The Edge with that huge “X” on its funnel. Can you also imagine flying  in an airplane and you spot The Edge from 20,000 feet are more ? Amazing!

 

 

Edited by cruise47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hcat said:

Thanks for the link...someplace in the text it says..Nicaraguan artist????

Perfect for the EDEN area

I just love this exterior mural.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding dining chairs and arms / no arms, I recall issues with both styles any time a new vessel debuts. 

 

Some prefer arms arms for ease of transferring, while others prefer no arms especially if of larger habitus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

 

 

I wonder if they will leave the pool chairs in this RELATIVELY relaxed order, or if, in real everyday cruising, they will add some dozens of pool chairs to them to maximize guests pool expenses... 

This photo looks astonishingly relaxed.

 

It does look relaxed, but it also looks like there are not nearly enough chairs near the pool.....hmm......I may have to wake up early and then just fall asleep on a pool chair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

 

It does look relaxed, but it also looks like there are not nearly enough chairs near the pool.....hmm......I may have to wake up early and then just fall asleep on a pool chair

Well, as long as you don't wake early and put your towel, etc. on a chair and leave for a loooooong time, you may have the right idea!  :classic_wink:

 

And, don't forget, there are probably chairs, not visible at this angle,  on the other side of the pool, too.

Edited by beachbunny6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I have not seen much discussion about is the casino.  While I do not plan to spend a bunch of time there, I am curious about it.  Does anybody know anything about it?  I have seen only a couple pictures and that's it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

 

It does look relaxed, but it also looks like there are not nearly enough chairs near the pool.....hmm......I may have to wake up early and then just fall asleep on a pool chair

I also don't see any little side tables..where you can rest your drinks, snacks etc.  They are very handy.

...

Lucky for me, dh sits on the lounger doing puzzles, sipping....while I enjoy the pool..he's my seat saver!

 

We get to the pool ( indoor or out) very early...enjoy it for a few hrs in relative peace  and then relocate when it gets crowded and noisy.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

Well, as long as you don't wake early and put your towel, etc. on a chair and leave for a loooooong time, you may have the right idea!  :classic_wink:

 

And, don't forget, there are probably chairs, not visible at this angle,  on the other side of the pool, too.

I don’t see anything wrong with putting stuff on a chair for a loooooooong time.

sincerely,

the guy who passes gas on a crowded elevator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pennstateman said:

I don’t see anything wrong with putting stuff on a chair for a loooooooong time.

sincerely,

the guy who passes gas on a crowded elevator 

 

Is that voluntarily or involuntarily???

 

bon voyage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hadnt noticed the bar stools along the edge of one end of the pool. I thi k I found my pool lounger lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

Is the Solarium open to everybody?

 

5 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

Is the Solarium open to everybody?

It may have an age limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Silkroad said:

 

These are great. I love the colors and the themes. Thanks for posting them, WonderMan.

Thanks Wonderman, for the great pictures. I think I will ask for an end cabana - maybe will have a better view since not looking at MC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony UK said:

I hadnt noticed the bar stools along the edge of one end of the pool. I thi k I found my pool lounger lol!

 

Now that area could involve some  serious chair hogging...like the seats around Reflection Sunset Bar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks Wonderman, for the great pictures. I think I will ask for an end cabana - maybe will have a better view since not looking at MC?

Agree... thanks Wonderman

outstanding photos...many of my fav places...even before I board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadianTourist said:

Is the Solarium open to everybody?

On the other ships:

16 is the age except when family swim hours are posted...often during dinner hrs when Solarium is not that busy..It  is enforced.

 

Age limit does not apply to the cafe area..just the pool, hot tub and loungers,,

I imagine EDGE  will be the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...