Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

9 hours ago, kearney said:

And IV veranda furniture appears to be an issue too (requires a tiny house solution)

We were affectionately calling our IV..enclosed veranda  our little kennel but tiny house is  another good nickname..thanks!

7 hours ago, kearney said:

Are you kidding me... the blinds are either fully open or fully closed? I don't know about you ... but when in Nassau parked next to another ship... I like to be able to change with some privacy.... normally I pull a curtain enough to allow light but some privacy. I was hoping with the blinds I could at least lower them to ...say two feet from bottom... to allow both some light and some privacy.

Glad we have bed by bath.....

1 hour ago, britsbest said:

The blind goes as far up or down as you like if you use the control panel in the veranda. If you use the app or the panel in the room, it automatically goes all the way up or down

That's kind of odd...no,?  But at least a solution..

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Glad we have bed by bath.....

found out an hour or so ago that the controls by the window allow partial opening or clothing.... lesson learned... adjust shade in port before you are buck naked... 😞

Seems to me like the manual buttons by the shade/veranda override the app or panel.  

So if you want to control little increments, go for the manual button,. If you want the full open or close go for the app or the panel  Do I have that correct?

5 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Seems to me like the manual buttons by the shade/veranda override the app or panel.  

So if you want to control little increments, go for the manual button,. If you want the full open or close go for the app or the panel  Do I have that correct?

Sounds like it.... but make up your mind if you want the shade up or down or in between before you shower... while in port...or make sure your robe is in the bathroom.. 🙂 

3 hours ago, kearney said:

found out an hour or so ago that the controls by the window allow partial opening or clothing.... lesson learned... adjust shade in port before you are buck naked... 😞

You are just too funny...😄 there could be some folks on board who might like to be buck naked with open shades😂

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2018 at 10:27 PM, CanadianTourist said:

Has anybody seen photos or videos of the OceanView and Inside staterooms?

Canadian Tourist, I am hoping that somebody out there can respond to our post . So far none. Anybody?  Is this the right board to post the Inside Stateroom question?

9 hours ago, britsbest said:

The blind goes as far up or down as you like if you use the control panel in the veranda. If you use the app or the panel in the room, it automatically goes all the way up or down

The App didn´t work on his pre-inaugural. And DH said he used the panel in the room. So obviously the one in the veranda does the job!

steamboats

• Thanks 1

Note to myself...

- Shades can be completely/fully opened or closed via:

- phone app

- touch panel at the entrance

- buttons at the veranda

- Captain from the bridge

- Chief Housekeeper from undisclosed location by code request

How I am gonna miss the good old curtains - hard to convey...

Somewhere above (steamboats?) had mentioned that the blinds are "paper like"... I am wondering how often these have to be replaced when IV stateroom has the glass panel open, and the "paper like" shade is all the way down - then someone suddenly opens the entrance door... Do you remember how strong of a draft is in the "standard" staterooms when the balcony door is open, and you open the entry door?

Edited by marylander2
wrong wording
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kearney said:

I thought I would post this photo from instagram.... shows beds set up for two. I recall someone someplace wanted to see a photo of this... 

I believe the question was related to the suites with bed with headboard-by-the-bathroom configuration, there wasn't enough space to accommodate the split beds - at least based on the renderings/pictures available so far...

Interestingly, placing of the beds in adjacent staterooms is alternated, but placing of the a/c outlet is not. In your re-post from the Instagram the bed is by the balcony, but the a/c outlet is above the couch, closer to the entrance... in other pictures (where the bed is near the closet) the outlet is above the bed... Weird - and for some could be a nuisance.

8 hours ago, kat228 said:

Now that there have been a few passengers on board...has there been any more information about the noise / vibration for the deck 6 cabins above the Club?

DH was in 6162 and yes, he did have vibrations from the Club.

steamboats

3 hours ago, marylander2 said:

Somewhere above (steamboats?) had mentioned that the blinds are "paper like"... I am wondering how often these have to be replaced when IV stateroom has the glass panel open, and the "paper like" shade is all the way down - then someone suddenly opens the entrance door... Do you remember how strong of a draft is in the "standard" staterooms when the balcony door is open, and you open the entry door?

The shade can only be lowered when the window is fully closed.  

7 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Canadian Tourist, I am hoping that somebody out there can respond to our post . So far none. Anybody?  Is this the right board to post the Inside Stateroom question?

I think a good search on youtube may answer some of your questions, as well...

bon voayge

Edited by Bo1953

8 hours ago, marylander2 said:

I believe the question was related to the suites with bed with headboard-by-the-bathroom configuration, there wasn't enough space to accommodate the split beds - at least based on the renderings/pictures available so far...

Interestingly, placing of the beds in adjacent staterooms is alternated, but placing of the a/c outlet is not. In your re-post from the Instagram the bed is by the balcony, but the a/c outlet is above the couch, closer to the entrance... in other pictures (where the bed is near the closet) the outlet is above the bed... Weird - and for some could be a nuisance.

I shared this video of a Sky Suite with the beds separated about a week ago in one of these threads somewhere. Here it is again.

10 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

Along the same lines,  anyone in Sunset Verandas over EDEN have noise issues from below or the outside EDEN DECK?  

Vt  mentioned this issue and said there was an outside speaker with music piped from Eden show,..   Seems worse than the outdoor  movies on S class?

14 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

Did he say how much he thought the cabin was affected? Or was it just something that was noticed because you were aware of the potential issue?

8 hours ago, kat228 said:

Did he say how much he thought the cabin was affected? Or was it just something that was noticed because you were aware of the potential issue?

No, he told me about the cabin and then added he had quite a bit of vibration due to The Club. Even the bed vibrated. Then I remembered that someone was talking about vibration but I did´t find that anymore. So for my post yesterday as an answer to the new question I actually asked DH for the cabin number (but it can be seen in his photos anyway).

steamboats