Live Epic Blog 12/3/16

We will be getting on Sat. when you are getting off, we have an aft facing corner balcony on deck 11, hope there is not too much rumbling:eek: Thanks for doing this, will be following along.:)

You will love the cabin. Not sure which one you got, but we had 11314 both times we sailed on Epic. Great cabin and great balcony!

You will love the cabin. Not sure which one you got, but we had 11314 both times we sailed on Epic. Great cabin and great balcony!

Thanks!! That is our cabin, 11314, you made my day:D

Did you hear any noise from the music a few floors up?

Thanks for the live posting! We're sailing on the epic for Christmas :). I'm interested in finding the best bartenders, so if you come across any that stand out that would be terrific. I'm also interested in canvas for u if you attend that I'd be interested to hear if there are different paintings for each session. Thanks again, have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! That is our cabin, 11314, you made my day:D

Did you hear any noise from the music a few floors up?

If you are sitting outside on your balcony, you can faintly hear the music, but that's it. It is a great location, and you get absolutely no foot traffic outside your door.

If you are sitting outside on your balcony, you can faintly hear the music, but that's it. It is a great location, and you get absolutely no foot traffic outside your door.

We weren't able to get a corner cabin, but we are in 11318. Our first aft cabin! Looking forward to it.

Day 2 Evening

"There is a house in New Orleans, they call the rising sun..."

Tonight has been AMAZING!!*

We went to the Suite Cocktail Party and enjoyed drinks, good company, and chatting with the senior staff. I thanked the hotel director that the music at the pool deck was a reasonable decible. He is very friendly and very open to feedback. I spoke with the captain about Norway and he suggested the fjord lands which we are visiting next summer. Such wonderful company, such lovely chats. It is very opulent and my tinsel shirt and dressing gown matched the shimmery decor quite well. I especially liked the live piano playing and the Charlie Brown song went perfect with the Christmas Tree next to the piano. It's hard to get it wrong though when you have a delicious Baileys in hand and a comfortable leather seat you can really sink in to.

After the party we went to Cagneys. As always, some of the most delicious food on the ship. I had the pitete filet mignon and Troy had lamb. The lamb was mouth wateringly perfect with a pairing of mint. We had a perfect seat, right on the aft. I watched the churning of the water below and was fascinated at all the swirls and white peaks. Like a klaidescope sea.

Taking a quick break before the show. I really wish Danielle my daughter could be here to see the show. She loves live dancing as much as I do!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S

Day 3 Early Am

Watched God's of Egypt. Pretty movie, poor plot. I go outside to drift off to sleep listening to the ocean waves gently slapping the ship and smelling the ocean beezes. Only something feels off. I can't put my finger on it. I am less stressed, it was a great night, what can it be? As I drift off an announcement is broadcast across the ship. It's 230 am, that means an emergency. Suddenly, I am very, very awake.

I can hear Deck 11. I know crew are being summoned there. I think it is a specific cabin or two. My husband thinks he hears "Blackjack". I highly doubt that. I am still awake, wondering.

Hopefully, more to come tomorrow.*

So far best bartenders were at Shakers. It's a bit slow at the Cavern.

In the evening, go by Maltings and visit either Sunil or Fernando (heck, why not both?!) for some great service and delicious beverages. You know how much I normally love Shakers, but for that recent week back on Epic, my Go-To spot definitely changed.

Continue having a fun time during your cruise week!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So far best bartenders were at Shakers. It's a bit slow at the Cavern.

Watch for Norm! Not sure what bar he's at yet, he just came back on contract. Tell him miss Betty and Mr. Joe say hello and we'll see him in 2 weeks!

He's the best! Excellent cocktails, excellent service!

rsz_dscf2367.jpg.8aa6a5dfec66a48c859dd084f42d01d7.jpg

Day 3

It's another beautiful day at sea and everything appears to be fine. No idea what the middle of the night emergency was. I'm a little crabby that I missed our CC Meet and Greet so I will head for food that someone else makes, and the bubblies that soothe my cares away. If anyone from my group is online, I am in 12268, please stop by and say hi. I love to chat and know more about you.

My favorite things about the Epic (besides the spa)

The lime/lemongrass scented soap

All the cubby holes, nooks, and drawers that make it so easy to organize and put stuff away

The sound of the Ocean

Someone else makes my bed

Towel animals

The pleasant rocking of the ship

The captain and senior staff really care and are personable

Cagneys

The food

The Cavern Club

Clara Ts

Macaroons*

Shakers Bar and Martini Tasting

The live music throughout the ship

The artwork

Ship sales

Smiling people

The cool water sprays into the main pools

The beautiful Atrium chandelier that spans nearly three stories

Enjoying the waterslides

Arriving into port

When I watch the water outside sometimes the waves produce small shimmering ares that look just like dolphins under water. I can stare at the waves for a long time. It is mesmerizing and relaxing.

Things I really don't like about the Epic*

1. Toilet in with shower draining area.

2. Hard bed*

3. The 7 bar hop without drinks aka misinformation

4. Negative people

That's about it.

Another Amazing Night on the Norweigian Epic

Came back from spa-ing and swimming to relax on the balcony while waiting for Troy. He's a little late from winning at Craps. I told him he can always be late if he's winning money... Lol!!*

We stop in for a reservation at the Asian Restaurant before we get cocktails and another chance to chat with the captain. I have the pleasure of naming ( so far) the BEST bartender, Aaron. He is awesome!! He can make you two different drinks at the same time lickity split, it's like he's an octopus. He is also great for putting together something based on your tastes. He works at Bliss and Waves Bar.

The food at the Asian restaurant is fantastic. I had the potstickers, fried rice, and lemon peppered shrimp. We will be back. It's complimentary now!! There service was great too. We got every dish about 5 minutes from the last. Not too slow not too fast.

Been enjoying chatting with some of the other guests too!! There are Christmas Sales but nothing has quite caught my eye yet.

Our wonderful stateroom steward has gotten me a foam mattress topper and the bed is perfectly comfortable now.