Hawaii cruise on the Star

lbfluffy

We are considering taking this cruise on December 19th next year. It is pricey, but it will be going during Christmas and New Years. My husband has always wanted to visit Hawaii and I think this is the most economical way. Anyone that has done this before I would appreciate your feedback. Only drawback is I won't be home for Christmas with my 24 and 27 year old kids and my fur babies My children aren't married so I feel a tad guilty if we do that.

We are considering taking this cruise on December 19th next year. It is pricey, but it will be going during Christmas and New Years. My husband has always wanted to visit Hawaii and I think this is the most economical way. Anyone that has done this before I would appreciate your feedback. Only drawback is I won't be home for Christmas with my 24 and 27 year old kids and my fur babies My children aren't married so I feel a tad guilty if we do that.

That has been my favorite cruise to date!

The Star is beautiful and we were on her for a 15 day to Hawaii. Since then I find shorter cruises a waste of time lol.

I would not consider a cruise a way to really visit Hawaii but it's a quick flavor of it if you enjoy cruising it's an awesome way to get a bit of Hawaii, lots of sea days and both Christmas and New Years celebrated on the ship!!

Our kids are still young so they come with us, it's cramped! we share a cabin.... we only sleep in there and get dressed! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're booked on that cruise, been to Hawaii twice b4 on Holland! Looking forward to Christmas at sea. In Amber Cove, DR today on Ms Eurodam.

We're booked on that cruise, been to Hawaii twice b4 on Holland! Looking forward to Christmas at sea. In Amber Cove, DR today on Ms Eurodam.

Our TA is offering pretty good pricing for us. I'm just hesitant not being home for the Holidays. However my kids are adults and my husband says it is our time now. He loves sea days.

Listen to your husband. If this is something you want to do then grab the chance and go for it. You never know what the future holds.

I do agree with a previous poster that cruising to Hawaii will only give you a "glimpse" of what it's like but we loved the cruise and the sea days. We rented cars on the islands and did our own thing. We pre-booked tickets to the USS Arizona and the cost of the rental car was about the same as what Princess wanted for one of us to visit the site. The three of us not only did it for the Princess cost of one person but we then had the car for the rest of our time on the island. We're actually going back next October as we are booked for the Hawaii and South Pacific cruise. It's a good thing we enjoy sea days as 18 days of the 28 day cruise are at sea. :)

We have taken the Christmas/New Year's Hawaiian cruise twice, on the Golden and the Star. It is a wonderful cruise, and you will have a fabulous time!

New Year's at sea is fantastic and is our favorite way to celebrate that holiday. Christmas at sea is not as nice as Christmas at home, no question. But it is still special and enjoyable and fun. If you've never done it, it's worth a try, and Princess is a good line on which to experiment.

If you will be missing your kids on the trip, why not take them with you? Get them an inside cabin and they can sail on the trip too!

My wife and I have done the Hawaii cruise twice. We love it. It's a nice sampling of the four main islands, and plenty of relaxing sea days. I have some photos I took on the Star Princess Hawaiian cruise below in my signature, if you're interested. I've also scanned the Princess Patters which will give you an idea what to expect every day.

We did a Thanksgiving Star Princess to Hawaii cruise 3 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We have been to Hawaii via land vacations and cruises and will agree with the post above that the cruise will give you a nice sampling of what the islands have to offer. Also, agree with Thrak above, your husband makes a good point.

BTW, if the Hawaiian cultural ambassador couple ELUA is on board be sure to catch their shows and entertainment events.

we have done this itinerary over the holidays three times. Both my hubby and I have been to Hawaii twice before on land trips (the last time was for our honeymoon), but my daughter had never been there (she was 8, 13, and 15 on these cruises).

It really is festive on board and beats having to deal with malls during the heavy shopping season (we're mall rats). Usually either Christmas eve or day is a formal night with traditional (for some) fare. You can watch a ton of holiday movies in your cabin or on MUTS and listen to the typical holiday music. But there will also be Hawaiian-based movies to watch too if you're into that, like us.

If Elua is on board, you can find out where and when this entertaining musical duo will be performing. They also teach the hula and uke classes. If they aren't on your cruise, there may be another duo doing the same thing (Hawaiian cultural ambassadors).

You'll also have New Years Eve and there should be a big party in the piazza.

My husband and I took this holiday cruise in 2014 and we will be on this cruise again next week. We loved it in 2014 and are looking forward to this coming cruise.

You will love the holiday ambience on this holiday cruise. There are Christmas trees and holiday decorations everywhere on the ship.

Your time on each of the islands will be short. But you can always go back via plane and stay awhile.

We rented cars on each of the islands and did our own thing. We are lucky to have a Hawaiian travel agent who helped us decide how to spend our time wisely.

ENJOY!!!

We have taken the Hawaii over Christmas and New Years twice. It is lovely but there will be at least 700 or more children under 17. They throw food. steal your decorations and are a bit of a pain. You would never experience those things normally. This cruise is an animal all to its self. It is very festive and fun. You have to ignore the teens making out and hanging out on the stairs. The little ones are in kids club, but the slightly older kids run wild.

We sailed on the Star in November of 2014 in the Cabo San Lucas suite (C420) over the Thanksgiving holiday. It is a great way to get a taste of the Hawaiian islands. We sailed out of San Francisco on a round trip and were blessed with great weather. As the other post stated be prepared for a lot of teens and children. We met some really nice people who were experiencing their first cruise over the holidays. Enjoy the sea days and get at least a balcony cabin to enjoy your time at sea. Good luck

Thanks all for suggestions. We decided to take the Grand over the holidays. However we aren't going to take our kids. My daughter is 27 and my son 24. My boy would not be able to get off at Christmas. But things may change so maybe they can book an inside later. I just wanted to secure a cabin.

Jessica