OBC question

P&O SUE

Anyone know if there are new OBC offers on at the moment?

I did a quote for a 4 night cruise Sunday and decided to go go right through to the end to see what sort of deposit was needed. At the "OBC, parking or coach" bit it said nothing offered which I expected as it was a 4 night one.

When I got to the end though it said I could have £150 OBC! I've no idea why I would get this much! It was only an inside cabin too.

I would be interested to know if this is a special offer and when it runs out? I can see nothing on the website about this! (although it seems to be a bit broken at the moment!)

I don't think there is any particular offer on the website at the moment. It would be on the front page if there was.

You always get a choice of either car parking, coach travel or on board spend with every booking. Is this not what the £150 is?

No, those offers are only if you book 7 nights or more (i've got a 6 night booked and have had to pay my own parking)

I only got £50 for a 12 night last year so I think £150 is a lot for 4 nights! Can't get into the website now - perhaps they're changing it :D

I ve just done a dummy run as I would have been interested with that amount of obc but at the end it just says No complimentary benefits. You were lucky. Perhaps too many people booked and they have removed the offer or if it was an added extra by mistake presumably they will honour your booking.Enjoy!:)

I ve just done a dummy run as I would have been interested with that amount of obc but at the end it just says No complimentary benefits. You were lucky. Perhaps too many people booked and they have removed the offer or if it was an added extra by mistake presumably they will honour your booking.Enjoy!:)

It did say no complimentary benefits for me, but at the very last page it said "this cruise comes with £150 OBC" :)

The P &O website this morning is advertising "extra" OBC (it wasnt when I looked yesterday) .

But when I priced my cabins up for the cruises on Oriana that I booked under the "early booking" discount back in September, taking into account the new OBC and the now price increase I am still nearly £600 better off (for the two of us) under the original deal on the longer cruise(18 nights) and £300 on the shorter (12nights) And I only paid a 5% deposit.

So worth doing your sums ....sometimes OBC isnt the good deal is seems to be. I am keeping an eye on prices for this particular cruise, just out of interest...not because I am going to moan if prices drop!

Edited by Mysticalmother

Yesterday, 22nd., I asked my TA to price up a cruise next September. She said that if I waited till today, P&O were doing an offer of extra OBC.

The price is the same today but instead of £60 each OBC we have £200 each.

Cruise booked, happy me, worth using a good TA I think.

The P &O website this morning is advertising "extra" OBC (it wasnt when I looked yesterday) .

But when I priced my cabins up for the cruises on Oriana that I booked under the "early booking" discount back in September, taking into account the new OBC and the now price increase I am still nearly £600 better off (for the two of us) under the original deal on the longer cruise(18 nights) and £300 on the shorter (12nights) And I only paid a 5% deposit.

So worth doing your sums ....sometimes OBC isnt the good deal is seems to be. I am keeping an eye on prices for this particular cruise, just out of interest...not because I am going to moan if prices drop!

Yes I had the e-mail yesterday and I agree the earlier you book often the better it is. My point was this was for a short cruise which normally doesn't attract much OBC If any and also it was an inside cabin and this new offer is for outside and above cabins.

I'm very happy with a 4 night cruise for £299 on the select fare plus £150 (£75 each) OBC :D

Edited by P&O SUE

Yesterday, 22nd., I asked my TA to price up a cruise next September. She said that if I waited till today, P&O were doing an offer of extra OBC.

The price is the same today but instead of £60 each OBC we have £200 each.

Cruise booked, happy me, worth using a good TA I think.

Great result :D