Chat Thread!!

DanFromSyd

Im sure it will be great.

We picked N611 because its my husbands birthday and we really wanted to see the land divers at Pentecost.

I was just looking at the specials brochure from the T/A and I got a great deal when I booked.

As someone said on this site (I think it was Kaseyoz) if it costs about $100 a night its a great deal. We come in at $108 a night. :D

Kazza

after reading the last few pages of this thread it appears we all libe around the same area........

By the way I live at Canley heights.

That brings us back to (I think) Dan's question a couple of weeks ago "Who's up for a Christmas get together?"

Karen

Hey everyone!

Hey Karen hows your leg?

Dan

Much better today thanks Dan. By the time I went to bed last night I had visions of me going to hospital today because I really thought I may have broken something but when I got up this morning I was amazed at how good it felt. It obviously needed some rest. I did it about 10.30 yesterday morning, went to bed around midnight and was never really off it. I had to be at school all day today (doing a bbq) and was on my feet all day so expected to be in pain when I got home but it wasn't that bad. I even went linedancing tonight although I didn't do any dancing, just drinking.

Karen

Hi Kazza

I've never really been a "ute person" but I have to say I luuuuuuuv the crewman.

Karen

My husband is a builder hence the ute BUT you would never know it was a builders car. As I said before, its his pride and joy and it is immaculate.

Dan.... Red cars are fast too:p

Kazza

hey i finished my P plates a looonng time ago.

Lol dan, that was a general observation. i was not passing judgement on your driving!!!:) :)

It just seems if you hear a car before you see it , then usually it will have a p plate on it!

!My opinion(damn that was hard to spell and type!!)only of course:)

sarah,

we actually spent a week there.

We had a 3 day stay at River Kwai. went elephant riding and river rafting.

Unfortunately you wont have time to do that in the short time.

Word of warning if you aren't aware when the ship goes to Laem Chabang it is approx 2.5 hour drive to Bangkok. The same at K.L. if you are going there. We are doing B2B so going to both places.

If you are going to do your own thing in Bangkok, we went down to the river pier and paid a couple of dollars for a boat ticket. It is the one that locals use. You cld travel up ann down the river all day on the one ticket. There were approx 13 different places it stopped - temples, museums, chinatown etc on the way and you just got on and off when the next long tailed boat pulled in. A most inexpensive way to get around without expensinve shore tours. we also spent a bit of time in the MBK centre shopping. Taxi's to get around a really cheap and metered whereas you can get ripped off if you get a Tuk Tuk be careful to bargain with them. One night we had gone to the Patpong night markets and decided to get a Tyuk Tuk back to say we had a ride in one. He wanted 500 Baht when I had only paid 60 Baht in a taxi to get there. Finally he bartered down to about 50-60 baht for the ride which wld have been half the distance as we had walked about 1 mile already back. When we go in September we are contemplating staying the night in a hotel to get maximum time because of distance back to the port. I think the ship sails about 4pm the next day so cut very short by travelling.

Narelle

Hi Narelle,

Thanks for the info! No, I didn't realize it was that far to Bangkok. I have to do a bit more research to figure out what we can do. Thanks for your suggestions! Yeah, we have heard there isn't a ton to do in a couple of the ports where we stop, but we will figure it out and have fun!!

Thanks again!

Sarah :)

Hi Dan

I am not sure but, I feel I have read somewhere on here that you have a brother at Barnsley (Lake Macquarie) ????

Thats where we are from or well quite near!

Hi Mummy Gin,

Im Sydney born and bred. And my brother BradFromNewy. Has recently moved to Newcastle after being a sydney lad.

Cheers,

Dan

Yep Brad has been on both cruises I have been (syd to auckland, 4 nights) and (brisbane to nowhere, 2 nights) he is my partner in crime for our cruising adventures.

We are taking his son (Zac) who is 10 with us in Jan. It will Zac's first cruise.

Im excited as it will be 10 nights and should be a great trip.

You will have a ball on your cruise they are so much fun!!

Dan

Archived