Future Cruise Q - Might be a stupid one...

InTheWASide

We were recently on Liberty of the Seas (yes, I know this is the X forum) and we got a future cruise deposit. I learned that you can book future Celebrity and Azamara cruises onboard too which is cool. Didn't know they had THAT degree of cross-branding onboard.

So here's the question:

Right now we are booked and deposited through the next cruise thing we bought on a cruise this next fall on Anthem of the Seas.

And I know I can move it to another Royal Caribbean cruise if I prefer a different cruise.

But can I move this deposit TO a Celebrity cruise? Or is this credit fully within only the Royal Caribbean system now?

Might be a stupid question. I know what the gut answer is but I can see arguments for both sides of it. So I'm asking for all of your expertise

I've purchased future cruise certificates on RCCL for Celebrity and for RCCL on Celebrity. I was told NO ... you can't interchange them for the other line. They are distinct to each specific line. This was a couple of years ago when I asked if I could use my RCCL ones for a Celebrity cruise.

Our experience confirms Cruise Raider's answer.

RCCL offers future cruise credits for any of the ships within their "family". Once you select a specific line, you cannot switch that credit to another line.

Edited by JMG

We were recently on Liberty of the Seas (yes, I know this is the X forum) and we got a future cruise deposit. I learned that you can book future Celebrity and Azamara cruises onboard too which is cool. Didn't know they had THAT degree of cross-branding onboard.

So here's the question:

Right now we are booked and deposited through the next cruise thing we bought on a cruise this next fall on Anthem of the Seas.

And I know I can move it to another Royal Caribbean cruise if I prefer a different cruise.

But can I move this deposit TO a Celebrity cruise? Or is this credit fully within only the Royal Caribbean system now?

Might be a stupid question. I know what the gut answer is but I can see arguments for both sides of it. So I'm asking for all of your expertise

Never hurts to inquire. I'd call Celebrity & ask them. I'd also call RCCL & check with them as well, to see if they're both on the same page with this. If you have a T/A, use them! This some of the stuff to help them earn their pay.

We booked the Jewel while on the Navigator a couple years ago (specific Cruise and date) and the had to change weeks, we liked the itinerary of the Summit better plus it came with 2 perks, we called our T/A who in turn called Celebrity and it was no problem. I thought we may have to pay the extra $50 deposit (celebrity is $150 per cabin where rccl is $100) but nope, they just transferred the booking. And now we only have 3 months left :D