Denied boarding -bevare if you hold a previus us visa

Tomtom70

So finally an update from NCL Guest relations:

I did get a sincere apology for the entire incident and an assurance that they have spoken to the people involved and that they are updating their routines to take into account the fact that US immigration is now “paperless” and information is available online. They did mention that unfortunately they don’t have access to the US immigration web (seems strange as I was able to access it via the Wifi network in the departure hall….) and they would look at how to have this arranged.

Bottom line results: A sincere apology from NCL for the entire incident. A full refund of the entire cost of the cruise + 1200 EURO’s in vouchers for a future cruise.

So....first positive experience with NCL for me :)

Excellent outcome. Very happy for you.

Brilliant I'm happy this was resolved for you & hopefully goes some way to make up for the disappointment and frustration of missing your cruise .

Maybe try a Mediterranean cruise next 😉 good luck with your future cruises

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I did get a sincere apology for the entire incident and an assurance that they have spoken to the people involved and that they are updating their routines to take into account the fact that US immigration is now “paperless” and information is available online. They did mention that unfortunately they don’t have access to the US immigration web (seems strange as I was able to access it via the Wifi network in the departure hall….) and they would look at how to have this arranged.

Bottom line results: A sincere apology from NCL for the entire incident. A full refund of the entire cost of the cruise + 1200 EURO’s in vouchers for a future cruise.

Awesome outcome. They did the right thing.

Good for you.[emoji3]

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

so finally an update from ncl guest relations:

I did get a sincere apology for the entire incident and an assurance that they have spoken to the people involved and that they are updating their routines to take into account the fact that us immigration is now “paperless” and information is available online. They did mention that unfortunately they don’t have access to the us immigration web (seems strange as i was able to access it via the wifi network in the departure hall….) and they would look at how to have this arranged.

Bottom line results: A sincere apology from ncl for the entire incident. A full refund of the entire cost of the cruise + 1200 euro’s in vouchers for a future cruise.

So....first positive experience with ncl for me :)

awesome! !

This is an excellent example of understanding what the various visa types permit you to do relating to entering and exiting this country (how and why).

A very expensive lesson to learn for not having precisely accurate travel documentation and validating the requirements thoroughly.

Sorry you had this disappointing (but self-induced) experience.

I was thinking I must be the only one that felt it wasn't the fault of NCL> It is sad; OP I am so sorry this had to happen but I still do not understand how this is the fault of anyone except you for not being absolutely sure every bit of documentation is up to date and correct. Lets hope you can work things out some way.

OP, I just read your response; thanks for letting us know it all worked out in the end. That is the important thing and I hope this is a reminder for everyone; please make sure all your documents are in order.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I was thinking I must be the only one that felt it wasn't the fault of NCL> It is sad; OP I am so sorry this had to happen but I still do not understand how this is the fault of anyone except you for not being absolutely sure every bit of documentation is up to date and correct. Lets hope you can work things out some way.

OP, I just read your response; thanks for letting us know it all worked out in the end. That is the important thing and I hope this is a reminder for everyone; please make sure all your documents are in order.

You really don't seem to get it do you? The documents were in order. They were accepted without question when the group entered the US from Europe. It was just the NCL contractors and it seems you, who didn't have any sight of the documents by the way, that seemed to think that there was a problem.

Now the best brains at NCL have admitted that they made a terrible mistake, have admitted it. offered a sincere apology and made a total refund and compensation.

Isn't it time that you recognised that perhaps you also got it wrong?

The OP had all the correct documentation.

The person at the checkin had old information and wanted a form that is no longer issued or needed. It's been 3/4 years since everything moved online and the old green form the agent wanted became defunct.

In hindsight, there are things that the OP could have done differently that would have gotten their family on the cruise, like applying for new passports for the two kids. But they actually had all the travel documents required to take the cruise. The port agent was working with antiquated guidelines, made a decision based on an unfounded suspicion, ignored all of the OP's evidence proving that the suspicion was false.

I don't know if the port agent was just following rules or if they overreached their authority. As recent events have shown, there is a danger every time you go through a border control that the rules may have changed in ways that you could not have reasonably expected or planned for, that the fallible human who processes you may not have a full grasp of the rules, or that they deliberately choose to ignore the rules.

In this case, NCL made a mistake in trusting the port agent, but what are they supposed to do? Overrule them as if they know better? The port agents are supposed to be the experts that make the right call, that's what they're there for. But they screwed up in this case, and NCL got burned, too.

the agents are professionals whose job it is to be up to date with the current regulations. they failed at their job.

I've seen it happen in the past as i have had various visa's and greens card and the regulations in entering and leaving the country weren't always followed. However it never cost me a cruise.

To still blame the OP for the failings of the agents appointed by NCL is beyond me. Some people just can;t accept they are wrong.

To the OP - glad you had it resolved. I hope you are able to take advantage of the offer by NCL. Frame the apology - it doesn't happen often...

Nice to know that NCL has finally acted favorably on your case.

All documentation was in order. Do you think NCL would side with the OP if it wasn't in order?

Sometimes you have the pom poms down and realize even NCL makes mistakes.

All other cruise lines make mistakes as well. None of them are perfect.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I dont even know how start to respond to this other than to suggest to read through the thread. The documentation was in order....