Merry Christmas !

kalos

Happy Christmas everyone.

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. My DH was taken ill 4 week ago and had to be admitted to hospital with an infection. After several wrong diagnoses it was finally discovered that his appendix had perforated about 2 weeks before! Also he had pneumonia! Apparently your appendix can rupture without you knowing it or having any pain, but something in our tummy called an omentum wraps itself round to stop the infection spreading, but then eventually you start to feel ill. (Of course I found out this information from the internet, not the hospital :rolleyes:)

Anyway, he was discharged from hospital after 8 days on horribly strong antibiotics (no alcohol :eek:) which made him feel terrible for two weeks and with no appetite. As we all know men are terrible patients :D and as he had never been ill in all the 48 years I have known him, he found it difficult to deal with, so a few spats and arguments :rolleyes:

We saw the doctor this week for a check up and she says everything seems to be settling now and we have to go to the hospital next month for a follow up. His appetite is coming back and he is now allowed to have some alcohol, so hope he can enjoy a little bit of dinner and a glass of wine. Only 3 of us for dinner today, but daughter and family coming tomorrow.

I am so glad we got him to the hospital that Sunday as the antibiotics probably saved his life, as apparently it was Sepsis which he had and which made him feel ill.

I hope we can now look forward to our cruise on the Discovery in May for his 80th birthday :)

Oh Linda, that must have been very worrying for you. Hope he is recovering well. Having a cruise to look forward to will help I'm sure! We have just booked Discovery 2 for June.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well as know I am going on the maiden voyage in May, so will be able to do a review for you :)