fshagan

Looks like it is under new ownership ...

Kevin Sheehan, former CEO of NCL, and Oneil Khosa, former CEO of Indian cruise line Blue Ocean, have "purchased Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line" according to My Palm Beach Post. There's another article at Cruise Industry News.

Sheehan was the CEO that brought NCL out of financial trouble over his 7 year tenure there (I think he was there 7 years!)

It will be interesting to see if they expand operations and / or improve this line!

Kevin Sheehan, former CEO of NCL, and Oneil Khosa, former CEO of Indian cruise line Blue Ocean, have "purchased Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line" according to My Palm Beach Post. There's another article at Cruise Industry News.

Sheehan was the CEO that brought NCL out of financial trouble over his 7 year tenure there (I think he was there 7 years!)

It will be interesting to see if they expand operations and / or improve this line!

Great I like Kevin from his days at NCL.

This is good news for PCL as Kevin is a good guy and has an acute business sense which is in large part why NCL is where it is today.

This is good news for PCL as Kevin is a good guy and has an acute business sense which is in large part why NCL is where it is today.

I agree, I think he did a good job at NCL. I'd like to see another line with ships in the 1800 to 2000 passenger range that are updated and have some new innovative ways of doing things. Kevin seemed to listen to the customers first, then see if he could make what they wanted work in the business.

I didn't see this thread before I started one of mine own. He said there will be increased capacity so looks like grand celebration will be getting a sister. I wonder if they will try to get another holiday class ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder if the timeshare "free cruise" will be axed? It did help fill the shop but ruined the reputation of the ship. Although I utilized it twice :rolleyes::)

I wonder if the timeshare "free cruise" will be axed? It did help fill the shop but ruined the reputation of the ship.

Couldn't agree more. The ship and cruise experience is basically legit but a lot of the peripheral stuff around it is not really up to snuff. I expect that much of that will be addressed.

I wouldn't think they'd increase capacity at WPB with another ship since it seems like at times they may be having trouble filling the ship?

Maybe they would consider expanding to a different port though? e.g. Tampa or Jacksonville? Although I'm not sure what destination would be in reach for those on a 2 nighter.

I think there is a market for the 2/3 night cruises though and the major lines largely don't want to mess with it. My only real complaint about our holistic Grand Celebration experience was the time spent driving from St Pete to WPB for such a short cruise. If we lived in WPB or if they expanded to Tampa we'd probably sail every so often.

I do believe they will add an additional ship to another destination out of the port of Palm Beach. Hopefully they will take it upon themselves to purchase another Carnival ship like the Fantasy or Escape that would fit in the port. It is exciting!

I do believe they will add an additional ship to another destination out of the port of Palm Beach. Hopefully they will take it upon themselves to purchase another Carnival ship like the Fantasy or Escape that would fit in the port. It is exciting!

I would love it if they added a ship over to Bimini out of Palm Beach!!

I think the Bait and switch and hidden time shares presentations gave a bad name to the cruise line. If they were upfront, i probably would have still said yes, but not have been so salty over being lied to

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I appreciate the information and do agree about the negative effects timeshare presentations may have made on the cruise line. Years ago, I went to one such presentation and that poisoned my interest in doing anything like that again for any reason. Never felt more sales pressure than then! (I never ran out of the word "NO", however.)

I'm happy to hear it, I really want to see them succeed and perhaps expand. I like that they re-use older tonnage, it gives me a chance to explore the ships. I'd never have gotten to see a Holiday class ship if not for PCL.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk