Best Bets for Beach Day?

radiationman

We rented a car with another couple in January 2016 for our day stop in St. Barths. We had a WONDERFUL day! We basically drove from beach to beach and bar to bar for food, fun, sun, and drinks.

The most beautiful beach in my opinion was Flamands Beach. There is a small hotel with a fabulous restaurant called La Langouste at Baie des Anges Hotel. Lunch was amazing just don't tell anyone else about this great place! ;) There didn't appear to be rental chairs at this beach.

Our next stop was at Eden Rock Hotel at St Jean Beach. There is a lot of action going on at this beach and the Eden Rock Hotel plus many others looked to be renting chairs. We used this as a beer stop only.

Next up was the Hotel Christopher at Pointe Milou. No beach but the pool was to die for! And the rum punch and mojito's were delicious!

Our last stop was at Gouverneur Beach where we watched a photo shoot with a friendly crew. This beach did not have chairs and looked to have locals hanging out. It was late in the day and it was time to get our rental car back.

I guess I really didn't answer your question but maybe our day helps you out! I loved St Barths and would love to return one day!

Edited by Ski Mom 2

We rented a car with another couple in January 2016 for our day stop in St. Barths. We had a WONDERFUL day! We basically drove from beach to beach and bar to bar for food, fun, sun, and drinks.

The most beautiful beach in my opinion was Flamands Beach. There is a small hotel with a fabulous restaurant called La Langouste at Baie des Anges Hotel. Lunch was amazing just don't tell anyone else about this great place! ;) There didn't appear to be rental chairs at this beach.

Our next stop was at Eden Rock Hotel at St Jean Beach. There is a lot of action going on at this beach and the Eden Rock Hotel plus many others looked to be renting chairs. We used this as a beer stop only.

Next up was the Hotel Christopher at Pointe Milou. No beach but the pool was to die for! And the rum punch and mojito's were delicious!

Our last stop was at Gouverneur Beach where we watched a photo shoot with a friendly crew. This beach did not have chairs and looked to have locals hanging out. It was late in the day and it was time to get our rental car back.

I guess I really didn't answer your question but maybe our day helps you out! I loved St Barths and would love to return one day!

Thanks for the information...can I ask where you rented the car? Is it close to the port? Do you need to reserve in advance?

Thanks!

We did not reserve a car ahead of time. We had decided the night before to hang out with our new shipmates and thus the lateness. When you get off there is a place to reserve cars but alas no rentals left. We walked around and did a little shopping and asked in one of the shops. They directed us to Budget which had a rental agency inside a perfume store around the corner from Cheeseburger in Paradise.

We had no problems renting a cute Mustang convertible for the day. Filled out all the paperwork at the store and then a van came and brought us to the airport where we picked up the car. We were told to have it back no later than 6 pm at the airport and they would give us a ride back to the port. We barely made it but they were still there and took us back. We would have had to take a taxi if we had missed our deadline.

We drove all over the island and we were so happy to have the car. Good luck and enjoy!

We stumbled upon the Hotel Christopher on our drive around St Barths. It has an amazing and calming pool area we fell in love at first sight! We bellied up to the bar for about an hour and had cocktails and chatted with the bartender. I do not know if they rent chairs or not. Have you contacted them directly? That's what I would do. I hope it works out for you! The restaurant looked fabulous and the shop on sight had the most prettiest things! http://www.hotelchristopher.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums