Which Beach did you go to?

kayjay76

Hi everyone!

For recent cruisers ( the last 3 months) What St Thomas beach did you go to? And also what did you like and not like about that beach? Ex crowded, bathrooms, soft sand, great drinks, chair rentals, no drinks or food or justa bout anything you liked and didn't like.

Thanks all!!!

We took a ferry to St John and went to Honeymoon beach. Small beach, not crowded at all. Rustic vibe. Trees hang over beach which provide plenty of shade for those that want it. Swim out snorkeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took a ferry to St John and went to Honeymoon beach. Small beach, not crowded at all. Rustic vibe. Trees hang over beach which provide plenty of shade for those that want it. Swim out snorkeling.

If you decide to go to Honeymoon Beach be sure to specify the one on St. John! There are 2 Honeymoon beaches near St. Thomas and most excursions go to the other one which isn't nearly as nice as the one on St. John.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be aware that in the winter months with higher seas Honeymoon Beach on STJ can be virtually covered in water...

Hi everyone!

For recent cruisers ( the last 3 months) What St Thomas beach did you go to? And also what did you like and not like about that beach? Ex crowded, bathrooms, soft sand, great drinks, chair rentals, no drinks or food or just a bout anything you liked and didn't like.

Thanks all!!!

Not recent cruisers but what we would look forward to at some of the beaches -

Sapphire - Gorgeous beach with pretty water colors and island views, good snorkeling, natural shade, and amenities. Love the mahi mahi sandwich at Banana Cabana if they're still there.

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

Lindqvist Beach (Smith Bay Park) - Arguably the nicest STT beach, restrooms but no other amenities.

Hull Bay or Elysian Beach - Quieter spots with beach bars (and a restaurant at Elysian) and not much else. Probably no other cruisers there as it's harder to get a taxi there and back, esp Hull Bay...

Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) - Nice bay with more of a hotel/resort feel when renting lounges at the Emerald Beach Resort and using their facilities. The Island Beachcomber is another more casual spot. Some noise from the nearby airport but not that bad.

Coki, Magens, and Honeymoon Beach on Water Island have a busier vibe if you like that.

Not recent cruisers but what we would look forward to at some of the beaches -

Sapphire - Gorgeous beach with pretty water colors and island views, good snorkeling, natural shade, and amenities. Love the mahi mahi sandwich at Banana Cabana if they're still there.

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

Coki, Magens, and Honeymoon Beach on Water Island have a busier vibe if you like that.

Blue, one of these days I'll be on during the daylight hours and be able to see that link! lol. Great link tyty! and great advice as always!!!!

Kay jay if you are with RCCL they dock near the airport. The cab ride is about $15 per person one way. Have a backup plan. That is what we did. We loved Emerald Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you mind telling me how much a taxi ride to Emerald Beach is? Thanks!

Sapphire is too far. You will enjoy Emerald.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info!!! We are docking at Havenssight I think. Norwegian escape in feb.

I took a look at Emerald beach and it seems it's a resort beach? They allow non guests?

Any info you can give me on this would be great! ex: chair rentals, food, bars, rentals etc. Thanks!!

sunshinechgo is correct in that Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) is a shorter taxi from Crown Bay than the East End beaches like Coki, Sapphire, Lindqvist, and Secret Harbor. But be aware that Lindbergh is nothing like Sapphire, and in our opinion Sapphire is definitely worth the $11 or $12pp and 25 min taxi. But if you want a nice beach close to Crown Bay (you are docking at Crown I take it?) Lindbergh is certainly more convenient.

The Emerald Beach Resort has a restaurant and beach bar and nice restrooms, and you can rent chairs from a vendor on the beach. No pool or other facility access for day visitors unless you rent a room for the day which is pricey. Island Beachcomber is another hotel on the beach and also has a beach bar and a bit more casual vibe. You will just not find the same beach, water, and island views that Sapphire offers but a fine beach to relax at. The jets at the nearby airport aren't too bothersome for most folks.

If you go to an East End beach you could hit Paradise Point on the way back, but you would need to budget your time for that and then taxi back to Crown.

Good luck! :)

Edited by blue_water

Thanks for the info!!! We are docking at Havenssight I think. Norwegian escape in feb.

Kayjay you will be docking at Havensight unless there has been a recent change. That would put you closer to Sapphire and much further from Lindbergh so a no-brainer.

Also, since Paradise Point is just across the street from Havensight, you can walk to and from the aerial tram from your ship. You can also taxi up and tram down if that works better. Refundable, round trip tram tickets are usually sold at the ship excursion desk for a slightly lower price