Which Beach did you go to?

kayjay76

Beautiful, isn't it! That is a perfect day in port!:)

It was amazing. We're heading back in November and try to decide between Lindquist again, or stopping by coming to snorkel for a bit, then head to Lindquist. :)

There are two very large ships and one medium in at 8 that day and we don't get in until 10.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Does Emerald have many shady areas? Would we just catch a cab right there at Crown Bay? How easy is it to get a cab to go back to Crown Bay? Are the restroom facilities free?

You can rent umbrellas at the Emerald beach Hotel or the Island Beachcomber in Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach). For a beach with abundant shade we'd look at Sapphire but that is further away from Crown Bay ($11 - 12 taxi versus $4 - 5 to Lindbergh).

Taxis are stationed at the hotels, actually it is easy to get a return taxi from any of the popular beaches. Restrooms are free, there is a beach bar and an open-air restaurant at the Emerald Beach Hotel and the hotel restrooms are very nice.

We are leaving in about 2 weeks on Carnival Fascination. Does anyone know which port we dock at? We are trying to decide on what beach to go to and would really like to go to either Sapphire or Coki depending on how far it is. Can you also tell me approx how much a taxi would be and the best time to arrive there.

Thanks.

We are leaving in about 2 weeks on Carnival Fascination. Does anyone know which port we dock at? We are trying to decide on what beach to go to and would really like to go to either Sapphire or Coki depending on how far it is. Can you also tell me approx how much a taxi would be and the best time to arrive there.

Thanks.

Carnival docks at havensight. Not sure about the cab fare...Blue water should be along shortly to answer that...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you recommend one over the other?

We really are having a hard time deciding.

Both are gorgeous, we prefer Sapphire, some prefer Coki. We like a beach with natural shade and nice water and island views and Sapphire offers that. Sapphire has room to spread out, there are condo properties at Sapphire and the vibe is generally much quieter than Coki and other beaches. Coki is a much smaller beach and has a busier or livelier vibe if you like that. There are several vendors vying for your business at Coki, at Sapphire you rent your lounges from the dive center and there are runners on the beach taking orders.

You really can't make a bad choice, just depends on the experience you want?

We ended up going to Coki, based on the taxi dispatcher's suggestions. Mobs of people were going to Magen's, which I heard could get very crowded when there are a number of cruise ships in port.

We took a taxi (blue something) - they were lined up at the port. It was $9 per person each way. We ended up with 4 other people in the taxi, which was more like a passenger van. When we got to Coki, he dropped us off right in front. There are restrooms/changing rooms and more of a snack bar with drinks/chips. There is also a rental facility for chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling equipment, etc. We were assigned a beach attendant, who kept everything organized and let us know when our driver was back. We rented chairs, but didn't need umbrellas because there was plenty of shade. The beach was spectacular! My husband rented snorkeling equipment and enjoyed that very much. We loved it! Gorgeous beach.

If you take a taxi, be prepared for a "while ride" - I felt like we were on a roller coaster!

We ended up going to Coki, based on the taxi dispatcher's suggestions. Mobs of people were going to Magen's, which I heard could get very crowded when there are a number of cruise ships in port.

We took a taxi (blue something) - they were lined up at the port. It was $9 per person each way. We ended up with 4 other people in the taxi, which was more like a passenger van. When we got to Coki, he dropped us off right in front. There are restrooms/changing rooms and more of a snack bar with drinks/chips. There is also a rental facility for chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling equipment, etc. We were assigned a beach attendant, who kept everything organized and let us know when our driver was back. We rented chairs, but didn't need umbrellas because there was plenty of shade. The beach was spectacular! My husband rented snorkeling equipment and enjoyed that very much. We loved it! Gorgeous beach.

If you take a taxi, be prepared for a "while ride" - I felt like we were on a roller coaster!

Thanks for your report clownfish cruiser. I plan to spend at least half a day at Coki on the beach and snorkeling while my husband likely golfs. When you caught the taxi at port, did the taxi drop people off at various locations or all just at Coki? I was hoping we could catch a taxi that would drop off at the golf course and at Coki.

A taxi going to golf course will probably be taking people to Magens Bay Beach since those 2 are on the same side of the island. Unless you hire a private taxi not likely you would find a group taxi that will go to golf course and Coki.

Not clownfish cruiser, but yes you will share a safari taxi with others heading to Coki and other beaches nearby for ~$9pp unless you hire a taxi to take just the two of you.

Enjoy your day! If Coki is just too busy for you it''s a short taxi over to Sapphire.

A taxi going to golf course will probably be taking people to Magens Bay Beach since those 2 are on the same side of the island. Unless you hire a private taxi not likely you would find a group taxi that will go to golf course and Coki.

Thank you Ms411.

We're on the same cruise. I've been watching here too...We might try Sapphire:confused:

Decisions, decisions.

Joanie

Hi Joannie

I have heard that the snorkeling at Coki is superior so that is where my destination will be unless I hear something that convinces me that snorkeling is superior elsewhere on the island. :)

Both beaches are beautiful -

Coki Beach is in a much smaller bay and so tends to be more crowded. The vibe there is more lively as a result, and the many vendors there add to that.

Sapphire is home to 3 condo properties and you have access to the beach area around the Sapphire Beach Resort & Marina property. Beautiful Bill is one of the owners there and can give you much more information than I. But the vibe is generally much more tranquil as there are no vendors and there is room to spread out either in a sunny spot by the dive center or under the trees in front of the condos. There are a couple restaurant options there and runners do take orders on the beach too. Nice island views and water colors.

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

Our favorite was Coki until we stayed at the SBRM and "discovered" Sapphire, now that's our go-to beach on STT along with Hull Bay when we want something different.