Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Polar Bear

Where to stay???!!!!

Has anyone any suggestion on where to stay in LA ???!!! We are going on the NCL Star in October 2006, need help???!!!:confused:

This December I'm staying at the Coast Long Beach. It's gotten some good reviews from these boards. It all depends on where you want to stay. Long Beach, San Pedro or near LAX. I understand there are a couple of good hotels in San Pedro that also have shuttle service to the pier. But from some comments that shuttle service can be slow.

A couple of years ago, we flew into Long Beach and stayed on the Queen Mary; the staterooms were 'ok and lots of history as you wander around. Also, an outstanding restaurant -- Sir Winston's. We then got a cab to the pier in San Pedro, which as I remember, didn't cost a whole lot and only took 15 minutes or so.

Have a great trip!!!

We got in late the night before the cruise, and we stayed at the Embassy Suites South near LAX. It was really nice and quiet, too, even though it is across the street from the airport. Had a great breakfast and free shuttle from the airport. In the morning, we walked to the beach (it was a good walk) and really enjoyed that. I had arranged for Super Shuttle to pick us up at the hotel at noon. There were 6 of us so that made it reasonable. I think it was about $50, but not exactly sure.

dannish,

Where to stay depends on how long you will be in the area before sailing and what you want to accomplish. If you are coming in late in the day and just want someplace for the night before cruising I would suggest either somthing like KY Deb suggested. Embassy suites have happy hour each night and free made to order breakfast. They you can get a shuttle or taxi to San Pedro. The other option is to stay in San Pedro. There are a couple of places there that are satisfactory (not great) with service to the ship. If you want to do some sight seeing and are planning on renting a car I would either look toward Long Beach with lots of fun touristy things to do or for someplace a little less expensive and close to some of the nicer beaches try Torrance. Again, these places will only work if you are renting a car and have a day or so to sight see. Hope this helps some,

NMnita

:) Thanks everyone, the Queen Mary sound great, well kook into it. We do not know how long we will be there,we are flying in on the 20th for a one night layover. The time is a big????? Have not got then yet, booked cruise and flights throught our TA. I hope that we get there to at least see some sites. This is going to be our frist NCL cruise. Huddy is so glad to be able to leave his tux home.

Again thanks have a grat one :o