Cruise Critic Community
trvlwrld

connecting cabins

we are sailing on the majestic this year in one side of a connecting cabin. since the cabins are similar to the regal and royal, can anyone tell me where the connector door is located, and if it causes any problems since it will be locked for the cruise---C247---thanks!

we are sailing on the majestic this year in one side of a connecting cabin. since the cabins are similar to the regal and royal, can anyone tell me where the connector door is located, and if it causes any problems since it will be locked for the cruise---C247---thanks!
Hi, I just realized today I booked a connecting room on an upcoming cruise, so I am interested in hearing the responses to your question. I would think it connects at the balcony? And if so hopefully there are good locking devices.

The connecting cabins on the Royal have connecting doors located on the common wall forward of center. Balcony cabins also have a connecting door that can be opened as requested

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

The connecting cabins on the Royal have connecting doors located on the common wall forward of center. Balcony cabins also have a connecting door that can be opened as requested

Thanks, just trying to visualize where the door would be as there is no spare wall space. Will probably do a cabin switch.

is the connecting inside cabin door similar to those in hotels? those dont seem to be an inconvenience...

is the connecting inside cabin door similar to those in hotels? those dont seem to be an inconvenience...

Yes they are similar and no they don't cause a problem. IMO

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks, just trying to visualize where the door would be as there is no spare wall space. Will probably do a cabin switch.

Why are you concerned enough to switch staterooms? Just curious, that's all.

Happy cruising in 2017. And, if God willing, beyond.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Why are you concerned enough to switch staterooms? Just curious, that's all. :confused:b

Happy cruising in 2017. And, if God willing, beyond.

My concern was that the cabins are small enough and I thought an extra door would take up more space or be visually unpleasing. After reading comments I will keep my cabin unless unconnected cabins become available after final payment is due, this is this Saturday. I have a deluxe balcony obstructed view on Emerald deck and the location of my present cabin is directly between lifeboats, so I don't think the view will be that obstructed. All of the other cabins with similar views are taken, so we will see. If nothing comes up, I'll keep my present cabin.

We too are on this ship A215 and I didn't realise I'd booked a connecting till after. Going by what people say it's not an issue plus so far the connecting cabin isn't sold yet . FYI the door is where the full length mirror is at the entrance end of the cabin . I'm staying put but should an upgrade be offered I'll consider but I like the location of this cabin

Are you on 4th April cruise ?

No, I am on the March 30th, 10 day Eastern Caribbean on the Royal.

Yes they are similar and no they don't cause a problem. IMO

Totally agree, had one last two cruises.

Just got off the Royal and we had a connecting cabin. The door does not have an impact on the space of the room. We could not hear the people next to us at all on the Royal but last year on the Ruby we could hear our neighbours a lot.

We could not hear the people next to us at all on the Royal but last year on the Ruby we could hear our neighbours a lot.

My guess is they were just quiet neighbors on the Royal, vs loud neighbors on the Ruby :)

We had similar question on an upcoming Celebrity cruise - comments from other passengers said there could be wind noise if adjoining room left balcony door open. We decided to switch cabins.

we are booked on b2b april 4 and april 9 magestic
Happy sails to you! Will that be the maiden voyage?

My guess is they were just quiet neighbors on the Royal, vs loud neighbors on the Ruby :)

My exact thought.