Cruise Critic Community
JustinPlusLauren

My Complete Guide to Amber Cove!

After returning from my Fathom cruise where I spent 3 days docked in Amber Cove, I wrote this informative guide to Amber Cove! There's many details about how this port is a destination in itself.

All about the activities you can do there, spending time at the Fathom Impact center, the shopping, where to find Wi-Fi, water sports, ziplining, swimming, and more.

You can find it all on my blog here:

http://justinpluslauren.com/amber-cove-cruise-port-guide/

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you might have about Amber Cove!

IMG_0932-L.jpg

Awesome thanks. We are on the first of the Hybrid sailings. We will have little time to explore the DR so we will probably spend a bit of time in Amber Cove

After returning from my Fathom cruise where I spent 3 days docked in Amber Cove, I wrote this informative guide to Amber Cove! There's many details about how this port is a destination in itself.

All about the activities you can do there, spending time at the Fathom Impact center, the shopping, where to find Wi-Fi, water sports, ziplining, swimming, and more.

You can find it all on my blog here:

http://justinpluslauren.com/amber-cove-cruise-port-guide/

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you might have about Amber Cove!

IMG_0932-L.jpg

That is so pretty!

Nice blog guys

Did you venture into town? Do you know what the taxi rates are?

$35 dollars into Puerto Plata I lived in Puerto plata and paid half that as i got local rates

Is anything open at AC into the evening, like bars and the pool? When does it close?

Do taxis run all night? Do they ever close the gate at the port? Has anyone been to PP at night?

Never been there so maybe it's a dumb question, but I don't see the beach, is there only a pool?

I saw this on Justin and Laura's blog.. This may be it. He mentions that you can rent the huts.

IMG_0805-X3.jpg?resize=1140%2C760&ssl=1

Never been there so maybe it's a dumb question, but I don't see the beach, is there only a pool?

I've been to Amber Cove twice. There is no beach at Amber Cove. Pool only. You have access to a swimming area but only if you rent a water cabana.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:00 AM, Frenchsnowhite said:

Oh great thanks for the information! Not so interested in a place with no beach 😞

You can definitely take a taxi from Amber Cove to a beach in Puerto Plata!

14 hours ago, Beachnut53 said:

@JustinPlusLauren can you advise how one pays for kayak rentals?  Cash or can you charge to ship room account?

I think we paid for everything in cash or credit, not ship cards. I might be mistaken, but I think that the port isn't closely affiliated with the cruise ship the same way that the private island/resorts are (ie. Princess Cays). Have fun kayaking! 🙂