Queen Victoria today

rafinmd

Queen Victoria is in Bermuda today. I know we have at least one dedicated webcam follower who sailed both HAL and Cunard, and the ship is due to depart in about 20 minutes:

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

It looks like an excursion is just back as I've been looking at a long (but quickly moving) line of passengers entering the terminal. Just 1 year ago I was on QV.

Roy

Queen Victoria is in Bermuda today. I know we have at least one dedicated webcam follower who sailed both HAL and Cunard, and the ship is due to depart in about 20 minutes:

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

It looks like an excursion is just back as I've been looking at a long (but quickly moving) line of passengers entering the terminal. Just 1 year ago I was on QV.

Roy

Lol...funny you should mention that Roy, I'm sitting in a cafe watching that webcam as we speak.... counting the days...

Lol...funny you should mention that Roy, I'm sitting in a cafe watching that webcam as we speak.... counting the days...

ooooops we just watched two passengers frantically running for the ship after a couple of the cables were pulled in.......

wonder if it was anyone we know!

Safraigal...are you there....??????

Edited by roscoe39

That one had me baffled. With the bus pulling up to the dock (and I think the ship waiting) I assumed it had to be a Cunard excursion but only 2 people. I can't figure that one out.

Rare now for Cunard ships to visit their home port. Only about 35 days for you. Bon Voyage and an early welcome to San Francisco.

Roy

That one had me baffled. With the bus pulling up to the dock (and I think the ship waiting) I assumed it had to be a Cunard excursion but only 2 people. I can't figure that one out.

Rare now for Cunard ships to visit their home port. Only about 35 days for you. Bon Voyage and an early welcome to San Francisco.

Roy

aaaah sigh.......

as she sailed out into the wild blue yonder......

35 long long days.....but thanks for th thought roy...see you on board sometime?

ooooops we just watched two passengers frantically running for the ship after a couple of the cables were pulled in.......

wonder if it was anyone we know!

Safraigal...are you there....??????

YES! We had a great day - windy but sunny.

The update is that we were 2 people short after they took up the gangway - a bus came hurtling down the pier and 2 people jumped out! Luckily they put the gangway down again so the pair could board. Captain Philpott seems to be very strict about leaving on time :)

YES! We had a great day - windy but sunny.

The update is that we were 2 people short after they took up the gangway - a bus came hurtling down the pier and 2 people jumped out! Luckily they put the gangway down again so the pair could board. Captain Philpott seems to be very strict about leaving on time :)

quite right too....unless its me of course when I would like a little leeway...:D

Thank you Leslie. I'm amazed that the bus driver was able to save the day by driving down to the dock. He probably wasn't supposed to do that. Have a wonderful continuation of your voyage. One other request. The AIS data showed destination Port Canaveral. I thought you were going to Ft. Lauderdale. Has there been a change in the itinerary?

Roy

Thank you Leslie. I'm amazed that the bus driver was able to save the day by driving down to the dock. He probably wasn't supposed to do that. Have a wonderful continuation of your voyage. One other request. The AIS data showed destination Port Canaveral. I thought you were going to Ft. Lauderdale. Has there been a change in the itinerary?

Roy

Roy, they are going to Canaveral now the day before as they can do immigration quicker there than the experience at Fort Lauderdale - which in the past has been a little.......troublesome.

I think it threw a few passengers plans out.....

r