Compare Carnival U.S. and Carnival Australia

I'm hoping someone who has been on both a U.S.-based Carnival cruise and an Australia-based one can compare the experiences.

Is the "fun ship" vibe typical on Carnival's U.S.-based cruises the same in Australia? What is the typical daytime and nighttime dress onboard? Does the menu change significantly?

What should someone who's an experienced Carnival cruiser expect to be different when cruising on the Legend or Spirit from Australia?

Hi wxguyinms , have been on the spirt and will shortly be doing a weekend on the legend. There is no alcohol [emoji481] package on carnival OZ, they do have bubbles package and wine. The spirit has guys burger and the bluelhuna Catina to eat as well as Fat Jimmys C side BBQ . I believe the legend is due do go in soon for 2.0 upgrade ! Carnival has said they would love another ship in the Aussie marketplace! The menu is pretty good and it changes daily in the empire restaurant, the have the normal chocolate melting cake etc with healthier meals marked, open breakfast and opened for lunch on sea days and dinner.

The international food plaza , has pizza and a pretty varied menu . They sell a bucket of prawns [emoji494]!

They have the movie screen on the spirit on the pool,deck floor . The shows are very similar like 88 keys etc . They have different singers etc throughout the ship , and a house band.

The comedy club is similar to the us ships , we love the spirit !

Heaps of info here http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=176&pgtype=Activities#ship-content

John

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were chatting to the Food & Beverage Director on Legend and apparently the menus do change once she moves to our region - perhaps to cater to local tastes and produce. I found the food excellent and was impressed to find that when the menu said spicy the food was actually noticeably spicy. Yum!

We're usually fairly quiet cruisers but after our Legend cruise we looked at each other and agreed that it was definitely fun. There seemed to be something for everyone.

Daytime dresscode was beachwear (it was a Pacific Islands cruise). Nighttime was tidy casual to smart casual with a few people (including us) dressing to the nines on formal nights.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I was just reading a Rollcall for a Legend transpacific, someone stated once the ship sailed from Honolulu, heading to Sydney they charged for Room service, charged $10 for afternoon tea, ceased drink packages and the menus changed, and changed from USD to AUD