Jump to content

Eta canada


Recommended Posts

That's how I read the rules for British Citizens -


You need an eTA to visit or transit through Canada by air.


If you travel by land or sea, you do not need an eTA. However, you must always travel with acceptable travel documents and identification.


I didn't check other nationalities but I would expect it to be similar.


All the information you need is here

Edited by Host Hattie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are doing the roundtrip Halifax / New York this coming August on Queen Mary 2.As far as i can make out an ETA isn't required for visitors to Canada arriving by sea.

Can anyone throw the light onto this....thanks


A r/t Halifax/NY on QM2 next August - I'm not seeing that (perhaps you are referring to the July cruise?) but I can tell you as a USA citizen, all that was required when we docked in Halifax was my passport < and yes, Canadian Border Control is top notch!


Halifax is one of my most favourite ports:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
  • Create New...