What to Bring & How

STBMrsP

I am just wondering what people have brought on the boat with them and how best to pack those things. We are getting married in port at Cozumel in May, and thinking about bringing some things rather than pay some of the insane amounts for the extras. For instance, thinking of doing silk flowers, or eco flowers (anyone have any experience with this brand?), but really not sure how the heck to pack these without squishing them! Also, best advice for packing wedding dress - it's not a chiffon, or flowy dress, but not sure what material it is. Also, has anyone ever used the laundry services for their dress on board for steaming? Really would love to hear what you've brought and how you did it!

Thanks! :)

We packed our wedding items in two largeish boxes and checked them with several luggage tags taped all over them. We packed our silk bouquets (and our BM's) in boxes from Build-A-Bear and then packed those inside of the boxes. You might also check after-Christmas sales to see if anyone has large hard-sided gift boxes.

For our wedding gowns, we packed them inside of garment bags and then took a collapsible rolling rack with us so we could roll them onto the ship. We had to send the gowns and rack through the x-ray, but it worked for us.

I wouldn't use the laundry service for steaming if you are on Carnival because they are only liable to refund you something like $30 if they ruin your item. If you are fine with your partner seeing your gown, as soon as you are on the ship pull your dress out of the bag and let it lay out. You might also try to pack a travel steamer (yes, I know some are banned).

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I plan on sending all of my items in advance. I am lucky enough to have a friend that lives in Miami (I'm from NJ) so I can send to her address. But I'm also flying in 2 days early so the hotel said I could send things there if I needed to rather than flying with them. Are you going early? Is that a possibility for you?

I'm not letting my dress out of my sight tho, haha! I am flying first class in the front row so I can hang it right by me.