AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

This thread has a lot of good information so I believe it should be kept open because if it is archived eventually it will end up in the information dust bin and newer members may not find this thread. I knew there would be a moderator intervention because the thread did go way off course for a bit. I am sure the thread will now steer back onto Allstate gift cards for Carnival. Hope the cards come back soon, as the way all three denominations disappeared at the same time is a bit unsettling.

• Like 3

The fact that all three denominations of discounted Carnival gift cards simultaneously disappeared from Allstate Rewards after being available for several months is somewhat disconcerting.  I think that the reference to them still being available from AARP was not off topic, because it gives hope that they will return to Allstate.

• Like 3

Out of curiosity, I just looked at both Allstate and AARP.    The Allstate Carnival cards are back at a 12% discount, while the AARP cards remain at a 10% discount.    Allstate is offering three denominations, but AARP only two (no $1000 card).  And at AARP you need to be a member to purchase the Carnival card and you are limited to five gift card transactions a month.  Oh, and no Princess cards on either site.

4 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Strange, I was able to log right in???   Maybe shut it down and bring it back up (your browser), it's always my go to fix.    Good luck!!

I was eventually able to get in on my laptop but still not able to on my phone. I’ve shut everything down and rebooted. Still didn’t work. I wasn’t able to sign in on my laptop at first and it is new. Didn’t have any cookies yet. Eventually it worked.  

19 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

Can anyone explain how the Allstate RCL gift certificates work differently than the CCL gift cards.  It seems that I’ve read people stating that they are not as easy to use.  How so?

The Carnival cards can be used at anytime. As a method of deposit, to pay your balance, or to be used for all peripheral expenses either before or during your cruise such as specialty dining, bar tab, spa, shore excursions,  gratuities, etc.  They can be used through Carnival directly or through a travel agent.

The RCI certificate can only be used before your cruise on a one time basis.  It also has to be mailed in and is thus more restrictive. I also believe that it is only good if you book and redeem directly through Royal.  I could be mistaken and will be corrected if I am. 

I've used the Carnival cards for all expenses on multiple cruises in the past and will on my final 3 Carnival cruises in the future.

8 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

Can anyone explain how the Allstate RCL gift certificates work differently than the CCL gift cards.  It seems that I’ve read people stating that they are not as easy to use.  How so?

I've used the RCL certificates a couple of times.   They are certainly more cumbersome to use than the Gift Cards from Carnival.   I've only used them to pay off the cruise fare.   You have to fill them out and send them off, and at some point they will be credited to your account, but its probably a 3 to 4 week process.   But they will save you 10% (or whatever savings they're being sold at).   Worth it to me if it's for a cruise a ways off.