AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

On 1/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, lennythenose said:

And now it won’t let me log in😟. Anyone else having a problem?

5F3A6402-BB00-4119-AE82-910EA874B429.png

I'm having this problem as well, did anyone figure out what's wrong?  I tried deleting cookies, incognito mode, and switching browsers, but I still keep getting an error.

Thanks

JoAnne

13 minutes ago, joannelj said:

I'm having this problem as well, did anyone figure out what's wrong?  I tried deleting cookies, incognito mode, and switching browsers, but I still keep getting an error.

Thanks

JoAnne

Yeah, I had trouble this morning.   Just tried again and it logged in no problem

15 minutes ago, joannelj said:

Thanks

JoAnne

Never mind, it started working.  Must be a problem on their end.

I’m going to talk for a second about AARP Rewards.  I know we were all disappointed a couple of years back when AARP changed its Rewards program.  AARP used to offer unlimited purchases of Carnival gift cards at 10% off, and then they put limits on those purchases.   To make matters worse for AARP, Allstate then went to 12% off Carnival cards . . . whiule AARP remained at 10% off.  So AARP was no longer the website of choice for Carnival.

But the new AARP Rewards site is now offering a lot of discounted gift cards that do not appear on Allstate.  Many of the grocery gift cards on AARP are at av12% discount  . . . and these are grocery stores that I have shopped at over the years while moving around and living all over the USA.   Over the past four months I have been buying two or three of these AARP grocery store gift cards each month in $100 denominations.   Also, there are other gift cards at lesser discounts that I have been buying (e.g., Airbnb and Doordash).

There is an AARP catch, of course.   Many of these discounted cards can only be purchased if you are an AARP member.   But you can become a member for very low cost.  The following link should give you five years of membership for $45 (i.e., $9 a year), or three years for $30 ($10 a year).   

https://join.aarp.org/aarp-memdrive-np/?campaignid=UQ121PS7&cmp=KNC-MIV-sb_g_Membership_Broad_US&loc_id=9061255&campaign=sb_g_Membership_Broad_US&adgroup=Join&kw=%2Bjoin+%2Baarp-b&device=c&gclid=CjwKCAiAp4KCBhB6EiwAxRxbpOwQ-l0cC-wzkBy1hsZpFmkObF_k5TgBIobPaSe7GSdX5SdOSm3ePBoCHfYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&tc_tm_meth=MAN&tc_tm_xg=memdri21jsemyt&tc_campaign=MEMDRI21JSEMYT&tc_channel=SEM&tc_vendor=YouTube&tc_tm_uid=AARP6041A9AD17EA9&tc_tm_visitid=AARP6041A9AD17EAD&tc_tm_version=https%3A%2F%2Fjoin.aarp.org%2Faarp-memdrive-np%2F%3Fcampaignid%3DUQ121PS7&tc_hpc=join.aarp.org

Although my current AARP membership did not expire until 2023, I found the current AARP Rewards deals so good that yesterday I  renewed for five years (until 2028) using this link.

Of course, YMMV.  But I bet someone can make use of this.  And I apologise to the mods for this (slightly) off topic post . . . but I think some readers here can benefit from it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

I’m going to talk for a second about AARP Rewards.  I know we were all disappointed a couple of years back when AARP changed its Rewards program.  AARP used to offer unlimited purchases of Carnival gift cards at 10% off, and then they put limits on those purchases.   To make matters worse for AARP, Allstate then went to 12% off Carnival cards . . . whiule AARP remained at 10% off.  So AARP was no longer the website of choice for Carnival.

But the new AARP Rewards site is now offering a lot of discounted gift cards that do not appear on Allstate.  Many of the grocery gift cards on AARP are at av12% discount  . . . and these are grocery stores that I have shopped at over the years while moving around and living all over the USA.   Over the past four months I have been buying two or three of these AARP grocery store gift cards each month in $100 denominations.   Also, there are other gift cards at lesser discounts that I have been buying (e.g., Airbnb and Doordash).

There is an AARP catch, of course.   Many of these discounted cards can only be purchased if you are an AARP member.   But you can become a member for very low cost.  The following link should give you five years of membership for $45 (i.e., $9 a year), or three years for $30 ($10 a year).   

https://join.aarp.org/aarp-memdrive-np/?campaignid=UQ121PS7&cmp=KNC-MIV-sb_g_Membership_Broad_US&loc_id=9061255&campaign=sb_g_Membership_Broad_US&adgroup=Join&kw=%2Bjoin+%2Baarp-b&device=c&gclid=CjwKCAiAp4KCBhB6EiwAxRxbpOwQ-l0cC-wzkBy1hsZpFmkObF_k5TgBIobPaSe7GSdX5SdOSm3ePBoCHfYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&tc_tm_meth=MAN&tc_tm_xg=memdri21jsemyt&tc_campaign=MEMDRI21JSEMYT&tc_channel=SEM&tc_vendor=YouTube&tc_tm_uid=AARP6041A9AD17EA9&tc_tm_visitid=AARP6041A9AD17EAD&tc_tm_version=https%3A%2F%2Fjoin.aarp.org%2Faarp-memdrive-np%2F%3Fcampaignid%3DUQ121PS7&tc_hpc=join.aarp.org

Although my current AARP membership did not expire until 2023, I found the current AARP Rewards deals so good that yesterday I  renewed for five years (until 2028) using this link.

Of course, YMMV.  But I bet someone can make use of this.  And I apologise to the mods for this (slightly) off topic post . . . but I think some readers here can benefit from it.

I'll preface this by saying I also know it's a tad bit off topic, but like I said a couple months ago when it came up, since the decline in popularity of AARP Rewards, all of the threads for it die off quickly. Since it's very similar subject matter, I hope Host Carolyn doesn't mind us talking about it.

Thanks for sharing the link, Calnev. That's a great deal. We bought our current 3-year membership when they had a 2019 Black Friday sale for $30/3years. Since that expires next year, we should seriously consider this offer. For comparison, a 1-year membership typically costs $16.

There's also a banner for that offer on the top of the AARP website. Just scroll down for the 3-year deal. If anyone's interested, you don't have to be 50 to join anymore (we're not). You get a ton of the benefits even if you're under 50. And membership includes a complimentary membership for one other person in your household.

We rent a car and drive to all of our cruises. The money we save through the AARP discount on a rental car and hotel alone are enough to pay for our membership, and then some. They have a long list of member benefits on their site, it's worth checking out to see if you can take advantage.

AARP's old Reward for Good program and Allstate Rewards used to be operated by the same company. When AARP revamped their program, a new company took over, so that's why we saw all the changes. Some of them not so good. Even now, Allstate Rewards is operated by someone different than before, which is what brought the updated website we get now. Thankfully, they didn't institute any major changes with the program itself.

One nice thing about the Carnival cards on AARP Rewards is that they are digital cards. They just email you the card # and PIN. What I like about them is that we can buy them when we need some in a pinch. No waiting for them to be shipped. For example, on one of our last cruises, FTTF popped up and we didn't have a card on hand. Buying one from AARP Rewards was instant.

With that said, be aware that a couple years back, there was some problems using digital cards onboard the ship to deposit to S&S accounts. There was a rash of faulty gift cards being sold on sites like eBay, so there was a time when Guest Services wouldn't add them to S&S accounts until they were verified, which took at least 24 hours. I haven't used them onboard a ship for a long time, so I don't know if those issues have been worked out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'll preface this by saying I also know it's a tad bit off topic, but like I said a couple months ago when it came up, since the decline in popularity of AARP Rewards, all of the threads for it die off quickly. Since it's very similar subject matter, I hope Host Carolyn doesn't mind us talking about it.

Thanks for sharing the link, Calnev. That's a great deal. We bought our current 3-year membership when they had a 2019 Black Friday sale for $30/3years. Since that expires next year, we should seriously consider this offer. For comparison, a 1-year membership typically costs $16.

There's also a banner for that offer on the top of the AARP website. Just scroll down for the 3-year deal. If anyone's interested, you don't have to be 50 to join anymore (we're not). You get a ton of the benefits even if you're under 50. And membership includes a complimentary membership for one other person in your household.

We rent a car and drive to all of our cruises. The money we save through the AARP discount on a rental car and hotel alone are enough to pay for our membership, and then some. They have a long list of member benefits on their site, it's worth checking out to see if you can take advantage.

AARP's old Reward for Good program and Allstate Rewards used to be operated by the same company. When AARP revamped their program, a new company took over, so that's why we saw all the changes. Some of them not so good. Even now, Allstate Rewards is operated by someone different than before, which is what brought the updated website we get now. Thankfully, they didn't institute any major changes with the program itself.

One nice thing about the Carnival cards on AARP Rewards is that they are digital cards. They just email you the card # and PIN. What I like about them is that we can buy them when we need some in a pinch. No waiting for them to be shipped. For example, on one of our last cruises, FTTF popped up and we didn't have a card on hand. Buying one from AARP Rewards was instant.

With that said, be aware that a couple years back, there was some problems using digital cards onboard the ship to deposit to S&S accounts. There was a rash of faulty gift cards being sold on sites like eBay, so there was a time when Guest Services wouldn't add them to S&S accounts until they were verified, which took at least 24 hours. I haven't used them onboard a ship for a long time, so I don't know if those issues have been worked out.

Good points, OC!