AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

On 3/15/2017 at 7:35 PM, dawnjam1 said:

I am a recently former Allstate Agent and I was unaware that anyone can sign up even if not insured with AS but that is a HUGE plus for me!!! I love it! That is a fairly new program rolled out the last year or two. Works off your GPS. BUT....now you will probably be solicited to purchase....and often!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Forums mobile app

Even though you do not have Allstate insurance, by signing up and downloading the app, are you agreeing that they can use the information gathered for any purpose (accidents, insurance claims, etc.)?

On 3/18/2021 at 6:27 AM, Pushkin said:

Even though you do not have Allstate insurance, by signing up and downloading the app, are you agreeing that they can use the information gathered for any purpose (accidents, insurance claims, etc.)?

I don't use the app, but have fiddled with it now & again. Like most people do (or don't), I never read the full TOS, but I'm sure users are agreeing to allow Allstate to use data in one form or another, like so many companies do. If you're not an Allstate policy holder, they can't use any of that data for accidents/claims because you're not filing a claim with them. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you there. What you give them is your name, address, & phone number. If you decide to use the Drivewise tracking to earn more points, then I guess they gather that data, too (excessive speed & hard braking). I don't know if it's collected anonymously or what they do with it, if anything. You do have to allow the app to track your phone just for the app to function properly, last time I checked, but you could always deactivate GPS tracking on your phone when not using the app. For example, on iPhone's, you can turn off Location Services for just the Allstate app when not using it. That way it doesn't track you.

I just use the browser website to enter codes & buy cards. https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

I don't have any desire to use Drivewise tracking and I don't like that they force users to turn GPS tracking on just for the app to function, so I don't bother with it. If you don't have a Rewards account yet, and you aren't an Allstate customer, you do have to use the app first to create a new account. Or at least that's how it was, I'm guessing it's still the same. Once it's created, you don't have to use the app if you don't want to.

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't use the app, but have fiddled with it now & again. Like most people do (or don't), I never read the full TOS, but I'm sure users are agreeing to allow Allstate to use data in one form or another, like so many companies do. If you're not an Allstate policy holder, they can't use any of that data for accidents/claims because you're not filing a claim with them. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you there. What you give them is your name, address, & phone number. If you decide to use the Drivewise tracking to earn more points, then I guess they gather that data, too (excessive speed & hard braking). I don't know if it's collected anonymously or what they do with it, if anything. You do have to allow the app to track your phone just for the app to function properly, last time I checked, but you could always deactivate GPS tracking on your phone when not using the app. For example, on iPhone's, you can turn off Location Services for just the Allstate app when not using it. That way it doesn't track you.

I just use the browser website to enter codes & buy cards. https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

I don't have any desire to use Drivewise tracking and I don't like that they force users to turn GPS tracking on just for the app to function, so I don't bother with it. If you don't have a Rewards account yet, and you aren't an Allstate customer, you do have to use the app first to create a new account. Or at least that's how it was, I'm guessing it's still the same. Once it's created, you don't have to use the app if you don't want to.

thanks for the detailed response.  I am an Allstate customer, but I do not use DriveWise.  When I read the fine print, I was amazed at the information they gather and the purposes that they can use it for.  I am a safe driver and haven't had a ticket in 37 years, but too much big brother for me.  

So I've used All-State Rewards before, but that was when I was a customer of theirs. I've tried logging into my All-State Rewards account to see what my balance is, but keep getting an error message. Have things changed where you now have to be an All-State customer to use their rewards points for gift cards? 

Also, I have an AARP Rewards account - but can someone tell me exactly how it works? Do you have to be an AARP paid member to buy gift cards? It looks like there are some gift cards that anyone can buy but some are member only?? 

In scanning through some of these pages, it seems that some site requires a promo code. What is that for? 

Sorry for all the questions - there's ALOT of info on this thread and it's hard to know what is the most current. 

Thanks! 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:52 PM, MistyRo76 said:

So I've used All-State Rewards before, but that was when I was a customer of theirs. I've tried logging into my All-State Rewards account to see what my balance is, but keep getting an error message. Have things changed where you now have to be an All-State customer to use their rewards points for gift cards? 

Also, I have an AARP Rewards account - but can someone tell me exactly how it works? Do you have to be an AARP paid member to buy gift cards? It looks like there are some gift cards that anyone can buy but some are member only?? 

In scanning through some of these pages, it seems that some site requires a promo code. What is that for? 

Sorry for all the questions - there's ALOT of info on this thread and it's hard to know what is the most current. 

Thanks! 

I don't know for sure, but it could be that when you discontinued your Allstate policy, they might've deleted your account from their system, to include your Allstate Rewards account. Hence, the error.

You don't have to be a customer to use Rewards, but non-customers have to create a Rewards account through the Allstate app first. Or at least this is how it's been in the past. Install the app and accept their terms of service. Then click on Create an Account under the orange Log In button. On the next screen, non-customers need to choose Drivewise Only (No Allstate policy). You have to allow the app to use GPS location tracking for the app to function, but once you've created the account, you don't ever have to use the app again if you don't want to. I've uninstalled it from my phone, so I haven't messed with it for some time, but this was the process last time I looked.

I suggest calling Allstate Rewards customer service (1-800-642-2609) to see if your old Rewards account is still in their system. Maybe you can get your old points back. Otherwise, you'd have to start over, but with all the codes in this thread, it's easy to rack up a lot of points fast. It'd be monotonous, but go back through this thread and try some of the older codes. Many will have expired, but there's a chance some will still work.

The promo codes are used to earn Allstate Rewards points. They come through emails or from the mobile app. Or you can just get them from this thread.

AARP revamped their rewards program a couple years ago. In order to buy their Carnival gift cards, you DO have to be a paying member. I think they realized how popular the Carnival cards were and changed them to members only to boost their paid memberships. They also limit Carnival cards to 5 per month. Not all of the gift cards they offer require a paid membership. Those will use points earned through promo codes & doing things on their website. They used to have quizzes to earn points, I guess those are still a thing.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Gin-soaked bar-room queen said:

I can’t find any Carnival cards on there today 🙁

All 3 were available a few weeks ago, then the 1000 sold out, then the 500 and 100.  Keep checking, inventory should come back, hopefully with the 12% discount still in effect.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't know for sure, but it could be that when you discontinued your Allstate policy, they might've deleted your account from their system, to include your Allstate Rewards account. Hence, the error.

You don't have to be a customer to use Rewards, but non-customers have to create a Rewards account through the Allstate app first. Or at least this is how it's been in the past. Install the app and accept their terms of service. Then click on Create an Account under the orange Log In button. On the next screen, non-customers need to choose Drivewise Only (No Allstate policy). You have to allow the app to use GPS location tracking for the app to function, but once you've created the account, you don't ever have to use the app again if you don't want to. I've uninstalled it from my phone, so I haven't messed with it for some time, but this was the process last time I looked.

I suggest calling Allstate Rewards customer service (1-800-642-2609) to see if your old Rewards account is still in their system. Maybe you can get your old points back. Otherwise, you'd have to start over, but with all the codes in this thread, it's easy to rack up a lot of points fast. It'd be monotonous, but go back through this thread and try some of the older codes. Many will have expired, but there's a chance some will still work.

The promo codes are used to earn Allstate Rewards points. They come through emails or from the mobile app. Or you can just get them from this thread.

AARP revamped their rewards program a couple years ago. In order to buy their Carnival gift cards, you DO have to be a paying member. I think they realized how popular the Carnival cards were and changed them to members only to boost their paid memberships. They also limit Carnival cards to 5 per month. Not all of the gift cards they offer require a paid membership. Those will use points earned through promo codes & doing things on their website. They used to have quizzes to earn points, I guess those are still a thing.

Hope that helps.

Very helpful! Thanks so much! 

23 minutes ago, nklpikl said:

I don’t see Carnival on there anymore. Any clue?

As mentioned in posts 3763 & 3764, cards sell out all of the time and are replenished once more are obtained.  I snagged a few 1000 Carnival cards with the 12% discount a few weeks ago and am currently waiting on 14% discounted Princess cards to get to pay off our B2B next April.

Edited by SNJCruisers